Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-O
AOR Received.
20-02-2020
Med's Done....
03-02-2020
Hey. I just read this in a WhatsApp Chat. So don't log off, keep hanging in there!

[4/21, 7:07 AM] : Don’t be in a haste to log out if no one comes in
My friend had hers yesterday and it took them almost 45mins to log in
She was just about to log out
[4/21, 7:08 AM] : You never know keep trying...
[4/21, 7:09 AM] : Then? She got her oath?
[4/21, 7:11 AM] : Yea
What office was this?

Cece450

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
According to the article, severe delays can now be expected going forward. 2021 online applicants were already unfairly backlogged, to prioritise others. It would be very unfair to put the pressure onto us again, to keep things moving for newer applicants.
That has nothing to do with the ceremonies. The ceremonies are scheduled by a different department because once the officer grants the citizenship, they send it to the scheduling office to schedule the ceremonies. The applications that are backlogged from 2020/2021 are still awaiting decisions, so those will get prioritized.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
That has nothing to do with the ceremonies. The ceremonies are scheduled by a different department because once the officer grants the citizenship, they send it to the scheduling office to schedule the ceremonies. The applications that are backlogged from 2020/2021 are still awaiting decisions, so those will get prioritized.
The strike action will severely affect processing times. Currently, backlogged 2021 applicants are not being prioritised- rather newer applicants have had quick processing at our expense. My point was that it would be very unfair to put the burden on the old backlogged applicants again, which seems likely given past trends.

oath scheduling is a separate issue.

Reactions: inkomati

Cece450

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
The strike action will severely affect processing times. Currently, backlogged 2021 applicants are not being prioritised- rather newer applicants have had quick processing at our expense. My point was that it would be very unfair to put the burden on the old backlogged applicants again, which seems likely given past trends.

It still had to be clarified because your statement may have caused more panic to those of us (I'm also assuming yourself) who are waiting for our oaths to take place or possible cancellation for a new date once the strike is resolved. This is the ceremonies thread after all

footyluv

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
No hope... no ceremony and no cancellation email either. This is what I see (below)

This is really disappointing & unprofessional to say the least - quite painful the lack of communication.
Why can't they just tell us if it's cancelled or re-scheduled?

segunalad

Apr 20, 2023
No hope... no ceremony and no cancellation email either. This is what I see (below)

Since your time say's 7:45PM there might just be some hope. I know you got an email invite stating 7:45am - I would recommend you hang in there until you get an email stating otherwise (cancellation).

inkomati

Dec 2, 2022

Hello fellow 2021-er :laugh-cry:

Reactions: johnjkjk

Cece450

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
Since your time say's 7:45PM there might just be some hope. I know you got an email invite stating 7:45am - I would recommend you hang in there until you get an email stating otherwise (cancellation).
I actually just caught the PM part. Not sure if it was a typo on their end or they are actually scheduling ceremonies in the evening. That would be interesting.

Reactions: SamCCC