+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
My Ceremony is Scheduled on the 25/4 based on the tracking .
Until now i didn't get any email or mail for the information about the invitation is it normal ?
If yes when i am supposed to get it ?
Should have gotten a week before the ceremony. Thats strange since it wasnt a strike until today.

Cece450

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
Just dropping in here to say I am so sorry you all are going through this. This is disrupting all of our livelihoods and lives. We are in it together and better days will come. Keep your spirits high and strong. <3
Thank you! Sending you the same positive vibes as well <3

Reactions: GwenFayeth

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
Just dropping in here to say I am so sorry you all are going through this. This is disrupting all of our livelihoods and lives. We are in it together and better days will come. Keep your spirits high and strong. <3
This situation is same like checking the tracker. You dont know when will it start.

longt

Mar 12, 2020
Hi all,
Does anyone know if the stirke will affect outland temporary resident applications (processed outside of Canada)?

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
Very interesting thing I found out. PSAC only have the budget to last for 4 days to pay for workers on strike. And politically, people are being affected by this and over all not happy with the strike, so the political parties supporting this will not be getting a lot from supporting the PSAC. But the main point it, PSAC can only pay for 4 days of strike pay and after that people on strike. So there is a huge incentive for PSAC itself to get back out of strike, else they will bankrupt themselves.

pinkberries

Nov 19, 2018
I think it means that you will be at the back of the line. But back of the line of all those who got their Citizenship Ceremony in Progress or all the applications being processed by that agent?
Great, that’s not too bad I guess. I was invited to do my April 19 oath ceremony on March 27. So I am roughly 3 weeks at back of the line whenever the strike ends.

pinkberries

Nov 19, 2018
Very interesting thing I found out. PSAC only have the budget to last for 4 days to pay for workers on strike. And politically, people are being affected by this and over all not happy with the strike, so the political parties supporting this will not be getting a lot from supporting the PSAC. But the main point it, PSAC can only pay for 4 days of strike pay and after that people on strike. So there is a huge incentive for PSAC itself to get back out of strike, else they will bankrupt themselves.
I remember reading somewhere that during one of PSAC’s previous strikes, they ran out of money and had to get loans from other unions and banks. So they might have a few more buffer days before they truly run out of money. But your point is still valid, this would incentivize PSAC to reach a deal as soon as possible.