+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
From the government website:

"The Government of Canada and the Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC) have reached a tentative agreement, ending the strike affecting many public service members. There may still be some service impacts over the next few days and weeks as services return to full capacity."

So to my previous point, it will take some time to get back into the swing of things.
Ok so I guess point 2. is more realistic in this case (unfortunately). :(

Reactions: oboyzee

Cece450

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
Ok so I guess point 2. is more realistic in this case (unfortunately). :(
But that would also mean others that have not been cancelled yet may be cancelled, so we are all in the queue and no new ones have been scheduled since the strike, so the delays may not be that severe or long

oboyzee

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023
My personal guess would be:
1. Since there are in-person/video ceremonies scheduled until mid-May, they might prioritize the ones that were cancelled afterward, and that puts us to end of May/June, OR
2. They might not prioritize and those people will go back to the end of the waiting line, meaning 2-3 months or more of waiting
3. "Queeze" in the cancelled people in the existing/scheduled ones for the first weeks of May
4. Add new/extra ceremonies to make up for the cancelled ones - highly improbable.

Who wants to place their bets? :p
2 is a sure bet for me.

GwenFayeth

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
Has anyone got any updates on their applications this morning, especially oath ceremonies getting scheduled?
(sorry if someone has already posted in this thread, but it's so long at this point that I have difficulty keeping up with every post)

tritech123

Mar 24, 2021
there's a very high chance your oath will go on as scheduled. its the cancelled ones that are going to be rescheduled.
Folks! Please help me out here. My oath is tomorrow at 10:15. Shall I make a trip from the U.S. then? I already sent three emails to Niagara Falls office but no reply as of now... just hate to take a day off and spend around $1k for nothing...
Also, my portal is stuck at tge loading page, anyway I can make it work and see what's happening with the profile? Thanks!
I am scheduled for the same slot haven't got any emails yet probably because you reached out to them multiple time they might have just considered your request and moved you out to different date.