+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

koiwa528

Aug 12, 2015
We don't live in Russia, fortunately.
You think you know what democracy really means but what I wanna say is that democracy has been misinterpreted and being abused in Canada. They are too much spoiled under the circumstances, while lack of the compassion to the underrepresented groups like us. We are already the victims of their strike and I am confused why people whose applications have been hugely impacted even stand with them?

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
You think you know what democracy really means but what I wanna say is that democracy has been misinterpreted and being abused in Canada. They are too much spoiled under the circumstances, while lack of the compassion to the underrepresented groups like us. We are already the victims of their strike and I am confused why people whose applications have been hugely impacted even stand with them?
Have you even read the posts on this forum? 99.9% of people here DO NOT STAND with them and are affected by this strike.
But bringing the army on them is only gonna make things worse, not to mention, a massive overreaction and infringement on their right to strike.
The fact that they are able to strike sounds like democracy to me, a thing that you'd not be able to do in Russia for example, as you might be dead the next day by even thinking about it.

Let's be clear, no one here is happy about this strike and their demands, but it's their right to strike.
The fact that they "shut down" the ports in Montreal, Vancouver, and St. John's is not ok, obviously.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My two cents is that person claiming to be British Nigerian isn't. They claim not to care but are on every thread hoping to get their citizenship soon.

And the other poster is just clueless to say Canadian citizenship is more powerful than the UK. A simple google search would show the UK has more visa free entries than even the US.
Do you need to act like a clown everyday?

koiwa528

Aug 12, 2015
Have you even read the posts on this forum? 99.9% of people here DO NOT STAND with them and are affected by this strike.
But bringing the army on them is only gonna make things worse, not to mention, a massive overreaction and infringement on their right to strike.
The fact that they are able to strike sounds like democracy to me, a thing that you'd not be able to do in Russia for example, as you might be dead the next day by even thinking about it.

Let's be clear, no one here is happy about this strike and their demands, but it's their right to strike.
The fact that they "shut down" the ports in Montreal, Vancouver, and St. John's is not ok, obviously.
They can appeal for wage increase but they are creating a lose-lose scene while paralyzing the daily operation of the country, which should not be accepable and be suppressed asap

rainydayincanada

Star Member
Apr 23, 2023
My partner just got the cancelation email for his ceremony on April 27th from the Calgary office.
He won't be able to travel and attend his brother's wedding, and he won't be able to renew his PR card or his (other) passport in time.
I think the lesson here is that one should never let a PR card expire and renew it well in advance of expiration.

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
I think the lesson here is that one should never let a PR card expire and renew it well in advance of expiration.
I think the bigger lesson here is that one should never trust public workers to do their job.
FYI, he applied for renewal in March as a backup plan (before the strike) despite being scheduled for the ceremony already, so your comment is absolutely useless.

rainydayincanada

Star Member
Apr 23, 2023
I think the bigger lesson here is that one should never trust public workers to do their job.
FYI, he applied for renewal in March as a backup plan (before the strike) despite being scheduled for the ceremony already, so your comment is absolutely useless.
You should never trust anyone with matters such as these, be it ps, lawyers or a forum. The person should have applied as early as possible to avoid any potential problems.

But it's always easy to blame it on everyone else.

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
You should never trust anyone with matters such as these, be it ps, lawyers or a forum. The person should have applied as early as possible to avoid any potential problems.

But it's always easy to blame it on everyone else.
Gee, thanks for the life advice. Shouldn't you be picketing with your fellow privileged federal bureaucrats coworkers for your ridiculous demands instead of posting on this forum? Since you don't agree with anything that anyone is posting here, I don't understand what you're doing here. Do you enjoy reading about people that have been waiting 2+ years on their applications and having their ceremonies canceled? Does it give you satisfaction or what?

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Lol indeed... There's something quite karmic about complaining non stop about PS incompetence and yet defending someone's incompetence in something as simple as maintaining a travel document such as a PR card. I for one I'm happy that person is not a PS (I hope) ;)
You're the one talking about incompetence? Ha, maybe you should look in the mirror.
No one's forcing you to read people's comments here that are complaining non-stop about P(O)S incompetence and arrogance, which you certainly display. It's a free country, but jokes aside, you should go back to picketing, they need you!

Reactions: 747-captain

borgams

Aug 9, 2022
He won't be able to travel, and he won't be able to renew his PR card or his (other) passport in time.
My turn. The biggest lesson of all is that you can blame public workers all you want but if your bf understood time zones he would not have missed his initial ceremony and would not be in the situation he is in now.

Reactions: lila777