+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Misrepresentation

ASammy

May 25, 2023
I submitted a visa application on May 22, 2023. After reviewing the following day I realized I checked no to a question I should have checked yes to. I immediately sent a webform with the new application and a letter of explanation. I am wondering if I will still be denied for misrepresentation

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I submitted a visa application on May 22, 2023. After reviewing the following day I realized I checked no to a question I should have checked yes to. I immediately sent a webform with the new application and a letter of explanation. I am wondering if I will still be denied for misrepresentation
You should be fine since you sent the webform to correct the error. I'm assuming you included the details of the refused visa(s) in the webefom (i.e. which countries and dates). You should be fine since you found the error before IRCC started processing your application.

ASammy

May 25, 2023
You should be fine since you sent the webform to correct the error. I'm assuming you included the details of the refused visa(s) in the webefom (i.e. which countries and dates). You should be fine since you found the error before IRCC started processing your application.
Thank you so much for replying. Yes I did include the reason. It was over 12 years ago and I honestly don't remember the month or date and I wasn't given an paper with the refusal information. I explained all this in the letter of explanation.

Reactions: scylla

maulikp59

Oct 26, 2020
Did you receive any update on application i am in same situation but applied new aplication and withdrawal previous one all in same day i did.

ASammy

May 25, 2023
Did you receive any update on application i am in same situation but applied new aplication and withdrawal previous one all in same day i did.
No I haven't. I just submitted last week. I only received the automated emails. I will call them on Thursday to see if the webform has been received and new application added to file

ASammy

May 25, 2023
I attached a new application form to the webform explaining the mistake. Did you get a confirmation that your application has been withdrawn?

maulikp59

Oct 26, 2020
I just rais webform for withdrawal instead of explanation,i am thinking to submit letter as well the mistake is reason for withdrawal i will do it tomorrow.

ASammy

May 25, 2023
So you don't think they will take a look at your first application and the second one to see if the information is the same? I guarantee you they will. There is no guarantee that they will even grant you a withdrawal of the first application. I would suggest sending a LOE as others in a similar situation have done. It's better to explain you've made a mistake upfront than by trying to cover it up with a new application

ASammy

May 25, 2023
There is no good word. I just told the truth. Explained that I made a mistake on my original application by selecting no to question 2b. I explained what the correct answer should be and gave a detailed explanation as to the reason for the visa refusal. If you have the refusal letter you can also attach it