+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possibility and timeline to get work permit if dependent child has mild autism

SunilC1973

Oct 9, 2016
Hi,

I want to know if anyone have experience delay in medial review decision making for dependent child having mild autism.

I had applied for temporary work permit, medical test done in Sept 2016 and I received invitation to submit Passport for work permit stamping in Oct 2016. I had received my passport stamped with work permit by 1 week of Nov 2016.

For my family of 4, my wife and daughter received the immigration stamping. However, my minor son who has mild Autism Spectrum Disorder (Minor side), we received notice to respond to fairness letter/excessive demand by last week Dec 2016.

We submitted the response to fairness letter response in 1 week Dec 2016 giving - doctors reports, explaining my sons diagnosis, school report (goes to regular school), Insurance that I will buy to cover his therapies, my financial support plan, mentioning that we will not be dependent on Canadian Welfare system.

After this, we have not heard from Immigration Office.

Does anyone have similar experience? What should I expect or be ready for? Any advice to improve my case.

Due to this, I have not yet moved to Canada and my life & job hangs in indecisive state.

Best Regards,

MARS100

Mar 19, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
SGVO
App. Filed.......
23-04-2016
Nomination.....
11-03-2016
AOR Received.
23-04-2016
Med's Request
16-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
27-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2017
LANDED..........
15-07-2017
Hi can I ask what is the update on your case?

I am applying for Canadian PR. AOR was Apr 2016.
Our Medical got expired 1st wk of April and we had to do a re-medical. Sigh!
We are a family of 4, my son- 4 yrs old has some speech delay notes from his pediatrician which was seen when we had our medical test. The doctor asked us to have his pediatrician write an update about his developmental milestones.
My son is also attending regular school although I received feedback from teacher that sometimes he likes to play around and gets bored easily. He is still not diagnosed of any autism or dev't delay but we are scared to undergo another test as this will drag our application even longer although we believe that our son is normal, he is just not comfortable with other people.
We also gave a test regarding my son being exposed to another child with TB in school. He had 3 mnths of tests for that and all tests are negative. Now the physician who conducted his medical wants him to be tested again!!! I am so stressed!

I think if my son for whatever reason will be diagnosed of mild autism, we also need to write a fairness letter?