+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Positive criminal check

Yanvual

Mar 11, 2022
Hey,

IRCC asked for my fingerprints and I just received the results from RCMP. The report is showing that I got a 1 year peace bond for uttering threats and criminal harassment and one dismissed charge for assault.

What do you think guys? I’m freaking out

Reactions: hemeda2

Yanvual

Mar 11, 2022
I contacted a lawyer and she told me that since there’s no conviction or outstanding charges there’s I’m fine.
But I would like to know if there’s anyone here who had the same problem? And how did you deal with it?

Reactions: hemeda2

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Last edited:
Reactions: Yanvual

Yanvual

Mar 11, 2022
Anything that appears solely on level 2 police check does not affect your application. People are less tolerant in this country, gotta be careful next time.
Thank you very much. You have right, the problem is I was 100% falsely accused. But yeah I have to be more cautious next time.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
A Canadian lawyer is a better source than me.

No pending charges and no convictions means no prohibition barring a grant of citizenship.

But sure, the interaction with law enforcement leaves a trail, and that may have been what triggered the request for fingerprints. It is IRCC's job to verify there are no charges or convictions which constitute a prohibition. Depending on what law enforcement databases show, sometimes IRCC will ask the applicant to obtain and submit official court records documenting the disposition of the case. Jump through some hoops, but otherwise not anything that will derail an application or block it.

That said, there are other reasons why IRCC requests fingerprints. So maybe it wasn't that case.

Reactions: Yanvual