Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
I am one of three ladies that sponsor our husbands from Guyana we are still waiting for interviews dates as well, the last time I received an email from POS, they were no travels from Guyana to Trinidad, as of this date flights are resuming are also waiting. Hopefully we can get good news next month .

What is your time line.
We are from October 2018 - more than 2 years. Our file has been to Sydney, Mississauga, Mexico and now Trinidad. It's so discouraging.

NatalieB868

Feb 13, 2019
Good evening we received our visa from trinidad on oct 16. Can someone explain this email we have to send to trinidad national security to leave the country

Melp

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
Did anyone’s sponsorship application go to Trinidad and are still waiting for interview because the border is close? This is ridiculous our application is 20 MONTHS in

Reactions: EmeraldEyes

Melp

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
We are from October 2018 - more than 2 years. Our file has been to Sydney, Mississauga, Mexico and now Trinidad. It's so discouraging.
Hi how are you? Have you recieved any response as yet from Trinidad?
I cannot believe this application is taking this long.

Melp

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
I sent Trinidad a long email yesterday and they replied today with " Good day, as previously advised, the borders in Trinidad and Tobago are currently closed. As a result we are unable to schedule any interviews at this time." schewwww

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
I sent Trinidad a long email yesterday and they replied today with " Good day, as previously advised, the borders in Trinidad and Tobago are currently closed. As a result we are unable to schedule any interviews at this time." schewwww
We ALL need to be writing to our MP offices and to the Trinidad High Commission asking "What is the plan, after 10 months of pandemic conditions, to manage the backlog of interviews that the IRCC has deemed necessary?" Ask very specific questions, and ask what is the plan for your file in particular.
It's so frustrating. Even if we knew a plan I think we would feel better.

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Hi All, for anyone with a Cuban spouse awaiting an interview in Port of Spain, some of us are writing a letter and proposing options to M Mendocino and asking for a swift resolution. If you private message me your email address, you can see the letter and add your name. Right now the letter is in draft form. Also, if anyone from another country waiting a long time for an interview wants to see the letter, I am happy to mail it out and you can change it for your own country/situation. Let's get through this!

Reactions: Melp

Melp

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
Hi All, for anyone with a Cuban spouse awaiting an interview in Port of Spain, some of us are writing a letter and proposing options to M Mendocino and asking for a swift resolution. If you private message me your email address, you can see the letter and add your name. Right now the letter is in draft form. Also, if anyone from another country waiting a long time for an interview wants to see the letter, I am happy to mail it out and you can change it for your own country/situation. Let's get through this!
I’m in!!! We will get through this!!

Isha1980

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
wynette2010@hotmail.com , my husband is waiting for interview in Trinidad

Sponsor226

Jan 28, 2021
Yippie... My husband received his congratulations letter today stating that he is officially a permanent resident. All they need is a picture so he can get his PR card. We mailed the picture already. We have waited long enough. 25 months.... No landing as he was here due to covid . Best wishes to everyone.
Was he Outland and in Canada when he recieved it?

Sponsor226

Jan 28, 2021
If I have my visitors visa, and travel to Canada to visit my spouse, if during my visit I am called for the interview or to send my passport, anyone know if I can do that in Canada or would I have to go back to Trinidad just to do that?