12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
DSM said:
waitingsince2012, I must say hats off to you and your spouse. I got married in May 2014. My application was submitted in Dec 2014. In 3-4 months time will be 2 yrs of not living with my husband. I live in Trinidad, he's in Canada. I travel when I can and so does he, but its not the same especially when we have to say goodbye to eachother and not sure when next we will met again. We haven't seen each other in 3 mths. We Skype but its not the same. It's crazy but I check my status few times a day to see if it changed from "in process" to "decision made". How do I get by this, I have to constantly remind myself everyday past is a day closer to hearing good news. No matter what situation we face in life we never give up and trust in god for he makes no mistake and his timing is unquestionable.
Thanks, this forum has made me feel a bit better, after seeing I am not the only one and there are a lot of people who have been waiting even longer than me.

Even I don't know how I do it sometimes lol. I guess having my son here with me helps. My life these past few years have been spent between work, my son and my family. I have't gone out anywhere since my husband left. I am hoping he will be back soon, keeping my fingers crossed lol.

Best of luck to you as well.

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
ryanr said:
I agree - waitingsince2012 I don't know how you do it, but you def got the time game strong.

As other have said, prayers and the lord does help and keep the sanity in check. His timing is indeed impeccable - but still "GHezzz come-on nah man give me a small ting' self". But you right, when the time is right things will happen.

I know the feeling, each trip gets harder, and harder. Lately, I've been drowning myself into work so I don't think about it. It also started off as 2 day login to check the status, and now its its daily.
I never knew how strong I was until being strong was the only option I had lol :)

I guess it had to do with having my son and family around me, plus I spent my time either working or staying at home with my son. It has been so much harder for my husband though. We haven't seen each other for a year. It is good when you both can travel and visit each other. In my case only I can go visit him, he can not come visit me.

Each trip does get harder, every time I go visit him I get so depressed leaving because I always think to my self here is another trip and he is not joining us. The wait for the appeal date was what took half the time! I am hoping to have him home by April or May time because they just asked back for his medical and police clearance this month.

As long as you can keep yourself busy, the time will go by fast!

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
FEDEX PP-SENT POS 2016APR16|POS RECV POS:2016APR26
VISA ISSUED...
VISA ISSUES 2016MAY10-FEXEXED|PP-INHAND 2016MAY12
LANDED..........
SEP2016
WaitingSince2012 said:
Thanks, this forum has made me feel a bit better, after seeing I am not the only one and there are a lot of people who have been waiting even longer than me.

Even I don't know how I do it sometimes lol. I guess having my son here with me helps. My life these past few years have been spent between work, my son and my family. I have't gone out anywhere since my husband left. I am hoping he will be back soon, keeping my fingers crossed lol.

Best of luck to you as well.
April or May...April or May...April or May...April or May...nothing else is important April or May...April or May...April or May...April or May...Missions with no deviation...

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
WaitingSince2012 said:
I never knew how strong I was until being strong was the only option I had lol :)

I guess it had to do with having my son and family around me, plus I spent my time either working or staying at home with my son. It has been so much harder for my husband though. We haven't seen each other for a year. It is good when you both can travel and visit each other. In my case only I can go visit him, he can not come visit me.

Each trip does get harder, every time I go visit him I get so depressed leaving because I always think to my self here is another trip and he is not joining us. The wait for the appeal date was what took half the time! I am hoping to have him home by April or May time because they just asked back for his medical and police clearance this month.

As long as you can keep yourself busy, the time will go by fast!

You are right, you don’t know how strong you are until you have to go through the immigration process, and be away from your spouse.
It’s funny, I think the same, because I see other relationships failing (be it pre, or post marriage) or having problems, be it major, petty or stupid reasons --> BUT they’re living in the same damn city! WTF
Then again, every situation is different, but STILL! They have a better chance than us.

Then I wonder to myself, how the hell are my wife and I able to deal with our personal issues, immigration application process times/issues, everyday life, AND keep a marriage together. I then think back to all of us, and how we’re holding it down.

Granted, I sometimes think to myself, yes I am married, but this is just a waiting phase until married life actually starts. It’s just another “dating” phase we are going through. Except behind the scenes, there are major commitments to each other, and we deep in this! There’s no turning back. It’s just a matter of time until we start life and move full steam ahead as one team.

I also agree with you, having family, your son, and the right support does help.

April or May... April or May... April or May... is all I got’a say

--
I hope everyone is doing well, it's Thursday (over the hump) and we are completing another week…we are all a step closer in each of our processes - NOW everyone login and check your status! I bet you all already checked before coming on here...ok go and check again!

Cheers,

Ryan

DSM

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 24, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 12, 2015
File Transfer...
April 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 9, 2016
CanadianVincy said:
@tdguy I don't think you have to worry to much about mail until you get a decision made. I provided my email and received everything by email except the decision made part (currently waiting for the through mail now).

What you can do just to be sure everything is updated is email pos through there case specific section (sorry I don't know how to attach the website). When you email them, they will update it for u.
Hey CanadianVincy, hope all is well. Can I please ask if you rec'd your mail from CIC? Did they change / updated your status to "Decision Made"?
Thank you

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
Uhhh...I just checked the online service (I forget what you all that it) anyhow, I just noticed a new line in "Permanent Residence Application Status".

Permanent Residence
We received RYANR WIFE application for permanent residence on December 4, 2015.
We started processing RYANR WIFE's application on February 15, 2016.

FEB 15th? Hemmm I wonder if that's the AOR2 you guys talk about.... I wonder if I should email them...maybe start it off as "Ah Ahhhh... ah see all yuh wokin' on mah papass, leh meh know if anytin' nah, ah an ah goin'dong by QRC, all yuh wah doubles?" maybe that might help to speed up tings'

But then there's the Sponsorship Application Status, and Permanent Residence Application Status link.
I know what each means, but not sure of the process of which one is worked on, and in what order.

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
ryanr said:
Uhhh...I just checked the online service (I forget what you all that it) anyhow, I just noticed a new line in "Permanent Residence Application Status".

Permanent Residence
We received RYANR WIFE application for permanent residence on December 4, 2015.
We started processing RYANR WIFE's application on February 15, 2016.

FEB 15th? Hemmm I wonder if that's the AOR2 you guys talk about.... I wonder if I should email them...maybe start it off as "Ah Ahhhh... ah see all yuh wokin' on mah papass, leh meh know if anytin' nah, ah an ah goin'dong by QRC, all yuh wah doubles?" maybe that might help to speed up tings'

But then there's the Sponsorship Application Status, and Permanent Residence Application Status link.
I know what each means, but not sure of the process of which one is worked on, and in what order.
Good Morning,

Your application has reached the visa office. Yay!

The AOR2 is an actual email coming from POS with your wife's UCI number....

Did you get the email?

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
Anxiouswifey said:
Good Morning,

Your application has reached the visa office. Yay!

The AOR2 is an actual email coming from POS with your wife's UCI number....

Did you get the email?
When we first received the AOR addressed to me from CIC it included both a UCI and a Application No. I've since used these number to log into the portal for BOTH of us. So I thought these numbers for for both of us.

So you're saying Im supposed to get a 2nd email addressed to her and it will include her own UCI?

Ryan

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
ryanr said:
When we first received the AOR addressed to me from CIC it included both a UCI and a Application No. I've since used these number to log into the portal for BOTH of us. So I thought these numbers for for both of us.

Am I supposed to get a 2nd email addressed to her?

Ryan
Yeah, your wife is given a separate UCI number.

Tdguy emailed them the other day because he hasn't gotten AOR2 and was told they hadn't started processing the application yet even though ecas says it's in process.

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
Hello All,

I've come to terms and understand that there are processes in place; as a result of this, I know it will take at-least a year for processing.

For the members who are on the 2+ mark, what are some of the things you have done to escalate to higher up to bring light to your case? If any?
WaitingSince2012 mentioned that shes went to her local MP - but turned away because the case was processed in POS. I think this is BS - be it TT, or locally, its still being processes via CIC (kindly correct me if im wrong - or your thoughts).

I bring this topic up, as I've been thinking of what some of you have been going through and I really feel for you - I think this is BS, and nobody should go through 2+ year for an appeal, totalling 4+ years for their app. As I've said in the past, Im very new to the process, and I still have some time to go.

I've been researching and found that the TT High Commissioner Gérard Latulippe is in charge. What if you were to put the pressure, ask questions and go directly to him for answer?
I know its odd, put the pressure, ask for questions review of your own case? What if he can investigate review and find out why there has been a delay (not saying that you have a red tape and why), but even with a red tape, how can they expedite the process, or if he can help expedite the process so that your can reunite with your family.

I found his contact details on Linked In (image of his CV, plus contact details listed below). I'm not saying to call him or email him at his personal email just yet. But a decent plan would be nice.
Its def something I will look into and plan appropriately.

I don't know if any of you want to do this, I know I will within the next 3-6 months if I don't see movement with my app.
Do you think this is wise? Your suggestions? your thoughts?

Cheers

Ryan

(**TEST** Not sure if this will work)
Gerrard Latulippe

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
ryanr said:
Hello All,

I've come to terms and understand that there are processes in place; as a result of this, I know it will take at-least a year for processing.

For the members who are on the 2+ mark, what are some of the things you have done to escalate to higher up to bring light to your case? If any?
WaitingSince2012 mentioned that shes went to her local MP - but turned away because the case was processed in POS. I think this is BS - be it TT, or locally, its still being processes via CIC (kindly correct me if im wrong - or your thoughts).

I bring this topic up, as I've been thinking of what some of you have been going through and I really feel for you - I think this is BS, and nobody should go through 2+ year for an appeal, totalling 4+ years for their app. As I've said in the past, Im very new to the process, and I still have some time to go.

I've been researching and found that the TT High Commissioner Gérard Latulippe is in charge. What if you were to put the pressure, ask questions and go directly to him for answer?
I know its odd, put the pressure, ask for questions review of your own case? What if he can investigate review and find out why there has been a delay (not saying that you have a red tape and why), but even with a red tape, how can they expedite the process, or if he can help expedite the process so that your can reunite with your family.

I found his contact details on Linked In (image of his CV, plus contact details listed below). I'm not saying to call him or email him at his personal email just yet. But a decent plan would be nice.
Its def something I will look into and plan appropriately.

I don't know if any of you want to do this, I know I will within the next 3-6 months if I don't see movement with my app.
Do you think this is wise? Your suggestions? your thoughts?

Cheers

Ryan

(**TEST** Not sure if this will work)
Gerrard Latulippe
I am not sure ... in the case of Waitingsince2012, her application was held up because she had to wait for Canada to assign her a hearing....

In the last couple of years POS has people getting approved in 6 months or less....

I don't think contacting him is a good idea... cause the ultimate decision on your file is actually made here in Canada.

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
Anxiouswifey said:
I am not sure ... in the case of Waitingsince2012, her application was held up because she had to wait for Canada to assign her a hearing....

In the last couple of years POS has people getting approved in 6 months or less....

I don't think contacting him is a good idea... cause the ultimate decision on your file is actually made here in Canada.

*sighs*

I really gota sit back and be patience about this.

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
Yes my friend, that is all we can do. If and when we are called to defend our cases do we go guns blazing, until then we wait.... :)

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
ryanr said:
*sighs*

I really gota sit back and be patience about this.
tdguy said:
Yes my friend, that is all we can do. If and when we are called to defend our cases do we go guns blazing, until then we wait.... :)
It feels like forever already, but we haven't been waiting that long... next month is only four months for me...

Anyways, we are all in good company :) Happy Thursday you guys!!!

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
Anxious wifey, you take the words ''right out meh mouth''. Just last night i telling wifey it feel like we waiting a year already and is only a little over 3 months, i cant imagine what it must also feel like for those waiting for yearz!! The hardest thing is that we are not going to see each other for a few months, :( next time we see each other will be in London.