Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
tdguy said:
Anxious wifey, you take the words ''right out meh mouth''. Just last night i telling wifey it feel like we waiting a year already and is only a little over 3 months, i cant imagine what it must also feel like for those waiting for yearz!! The hardest thing is that we are not going to see each other for a few months, :( next time we see each other will be in London.
My hubby keeps telling me we getting through next month lol... so I am going to believe him and hopefully see him in Canada this Spring. I can't afford to really travel home this year...

but based on all the information that I have read and collected on this thread, we will all know by summer what the outcome is :)

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
I wish that for you too, my friend. It will give the kids ample time to adjust to Canadian life, if the process is executed asap.... May the wait soon be over..

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
FEDEX PP-SENT POS 2016APR16|POS RECV POS:2016APR26
VISA ISSUED...
VISA ISSUES 2016MAY10-FEXEXED|PP-INHAND 2016MAY12
LANDED..........
SEP2016
tdguy said:
Yes my friend, that is all we can do. If and when we are called to defend our cases do we go guns blazing, until then we wait.... :)
Honestly I think I more mad for waitingsince2012 because she waiting so long.

*des blasted ppl* Apil May, Apil May...

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
It’s funny, I think the same, because I see other relationships failing (be it pre, or post marriage) or having problems, be it major, petty or stupid reasons --> BUT they’re living in the same damn city! WTF
Then again, every situation is different, but STILL! They have a better chance than us.
I know I look at some people that have their partner/spouse with them and they still somehow find a way to complain about their life lol.

ryanr said:
Hello All,

For the members who are on the 2+ mark, what are some of the things you have done to escalate to higher up to bring light to your case? If any?
WaitingSince2012 mentioned that shes went to her local MP - but turned away because the case was processed in POS. I think this is BS - be it TT, or locally, its still being processes via CIC (kindly correct me if im wrong - or your thoughts).

I bring this topic up, as I've been thinking of what some of you have been going through and I really feel for you - I think this is BS, and nobody should go through 2+ year for an appeal, totalling 4+ years for their app. As I've said in the past, Im very new to the process, and I still have some time to go.

Cheers

Ryan
The reason why the local MP couldn't help is because I was waiting for an appeal date in Toronto and my file was in POS. But I think if they had really wanted to help they could have contacted the IAD office and see if they could have given me an earlier date. I waited 2 years just to get a date to fight my case.

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
Anxiouswifey said:
My hubby keeps telling me we getting through next month lol... so I am going to believe him and hopefully see him in Canada this Spring. I can't afford to really travel home this year...

but based on all the information that I have read and collected on this thread, we will all know by summer what the outcome is :)
That's very nice that he is keeping your hopes up and I hope he is right. One partner definitely have to have a lot of patience and be sane to keep the other partner going lol. In my case it was me giving my husband hope and kept him going this long.

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
ryanr said:
Honestly I think I more mad for waitingsince2012 because she waiting so long.

*des blasted ppl* Apil May, Apil May...
Lol thank you, you just put a big smile on my face ;D Know that it is very much appreciated.

Don't worry I will stick around to lend my support even after my husband comes back lol :)

On another note does anyone on this forum know how long it take to do background check. What is the timeline between the submission of the medical and police clearance and the passport request?

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
WaitingSince2012 said:
Lol thank you, you just put a big smile on my face ;D Know that it is very much appreciated.

Don't worry I will stick around to lend my support even after my husband comes back lol :)

On another note does anyone on this forum know how long it take to do background check. What is the timeline between the submission of the medical and police clearance and the passport request?
That really depends on the particular VO, some taking 3 months, other as long as 8 months. For your sake I hope they clear you guys quickly..

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
ryanr said:
Uhhh...I just checked the online service (I forget what you all that it) anyhow, I just noticed a new line in "Permanent Residence Application Status".

Permanent Residence
We received RYANR WIFE application for permanent residence on December 4, 2015.
We started processing RYANR WIFE's application on February 15, 2016.

FEB 15th? Hemmm I wonder if that's the AOR2 you guys talk about.... I wonder if I should email them...maybe start it off as "Ah Ahhhh... ah see all yuh wokin' on mah papass, leh meh know if anytin' nah, ah an ah goin'dong by QRC, all yuh wah doubles?" maybe that might help to speed up tings'

But then there's the Sponsorship Application Status, and Permanent Residence Application Status link.
I know what each means, but not sure of the process of which one is worked on, and in what order.
So yesterday, I mentioned I got a new line stating that my AOR2 was being processed. I figured let me look further and see if they relly' doing that, since they playin'de@$$ with tdguy when they told him they were processing his, and weren't, and the 3rd line, is just for show until they get to it.

So I emailed asking for an updated, and they responded early this morning. One thing I learned so far is that whom ever is monitoring emails, does so by 7:30AM - presuming they get in at 7am. At the very least we know they are on their email game with updates.

2nd I think asking direct opened ended questions do help, rather than simple how long, time related
"I submitted X on Y date, was it received, and was X sufficient in meeting the criteria, is there anything you require?"
**Or worded similar

This causes them to directly review the case, the X detail submitted, and give you confirmation. You won't get confirmation of the outcome, but at-least they have it and don't need anything else.

-----------------

MY EMAIL TO PSPAN

Hello Immigration Section,

I'm writing to enquire about the Permanent Residence update, as seen on the on-line services for CIC.
I observed that a new line was displayed (see below), and its to my understand this may mean that the application is being process in POS.

If this correct? If not would you kindly advise on that next steps, and if I should expect a UCI for my wife RYANR WIFE NAME
1. We started processing RYANS WIFE's application on February 15, 2016.

Your assistance with any information is much appreciated.

Thank you

RyanR

-----------------

THEIR RESPONSE

Good day,

This application is currently in the queue for review but has not yet been reviewed. Your spouse will be contacted with instructions when the review has been completed.

Immigration Section / Section de l’immigration
High Commission of Canada
3-3A Sweet Briar Road, St. Clair | 3-3A, rue Sweet Briar, St. Clair

Port of Spain,Trinidad & Tobago | Port d’Espagne, Trinité-et-Tobago

Fax : (868) 628-2619

PSPAN-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
I want to email them but me too afraid...

I am going to hope since I got my AOR2 email they working on it...

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
I think we should give them a solid 5- 6 months after receiving the respective apps before we contact them, given its not an update or emergency. One thing we must all be reminded of is that POS had a VERY LONG processing time prior to 2014, and they have improved somewhat on the waiting time. As stated on the cic website, 17 months is the ''one size fits all'' expected waiting time for spousal apps, just sit tight everyone, I know for sure all of us/ our respective spouses will be in Canada for xmas this year. Let them work.........

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
tdguy said:
I think we should give them a solid 5- 6 months after receiving the respective apps before we contact them, given its not an update or emergency. One thing we must all be reminded of is that POS had a VERY LONG processing time prior to 2014, and they have improved somewhat on the waiting time. As stated on the cic website, 17 months is the ''one size fits all'' expected waiting time for spousal apps, just sit tight everyone, I know for sure all of us/ our respective spouses will be in Canada for xmas this year. Let them work.........
Preach it Faddaah, Preach it!!!

Honestly though, having you guys for support, talking about all of the process, then the updates from PSPAN it’s just too hard to not want to get all excited, and ready to come out blazin’

But what you say is true, many of you guys started before I did, and I’m still within the 1yr mark to completion – then we should all be having our own Trini'Spousal Christmas this year.

It would be fun to have a Xmas party, nothing big, something small... Puncha'cream, Black cake, Pastel, Baked ham, Sorrel, Ginger beer, Eggnog, Crab Dumplin', Callaloo … Oh gowsh I feeling hungry....

Cheers,

Ryan

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
lol lmao!!! I feel I go have to take a few days off of this forum. Being on here I thinking too damn much and schemful, and I going to get myself into trouble.

So im sitting here thinking...and I just noticed that when PSPAN responded this morning, their signature is bilingual E/F. Since we getting response within 24 hours for updates, I WONDER if I was to submit my next enquiry all in French HOW long it will take for them a response?

lol lmao!!! my belly hurting from laughing and the thought of them wondering WTF! how they gona respond.

Then again...I don't know if its locals managing the email, or a Canadian delegate. Then again with my luck its Gerard himself is responding, and he buss' me up with his real French (him being a Quebec native).

Cheers

Ryan

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
*Patientlywaiting* said:
Thanks to everyone who replied. Decision has been made and i emailed office last night and they got back to me this morning stating that the letter has been mailed. Im not sure how long the transit time is as Usually we get emailed. Does anyone know if we will be both getting the decision or only my husband:( so much anxiety with this waiting game.

Thank you
Hi *Patientlywaiting*

I hope all is well, and you've received good news since your past post.

Cheers,

Ryan

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
ryanr said:
Preach it Faddaah, Preach it!!!

Honestly though, having you guys for support, talking about all of the process, then the updates from PSPAN it’s just too hard to not want to get all excited, and ready to come out blazin’

But what you say is true, many of you guys started before I did, and I’m still within the 1yr mark to completion – then we should all be having our own Trini'Spousal Christmas this year.

It would be fun to have a Xmas party, nothing big, something small... Puncha'cream, Black cake, Pastel, Baked ham, Sorrel, Ginger beer, Eggnog, Crab Dumplin', Callaloo … Oh gowsh I feeling hungry....

Cheers,

Ryan
tdguy said:
I haven't emailed them ... and my goal is to avoid doing so... I am still very curious though... but it makes no sense, they will get to our applications when they get to it...

In the mean time... we get to chat and keep each other company...

Hope you all have a good weekend!

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
Anyone know how long the medical, and police check (Trinidad Cert of Char, or FBI) is valid for?

I ask, as I see a few of you had to resubmit. This concerns me as my wife's were issued 6-8 months ago.

Im wondering if we should resubmit the FBI or TT as they normally take a few months. I think TT took us 2-4 months, and FBI ugh too long.

Your thoughts...

Cheers

Ryan