Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
ryanr said:
Hey DSM.

If you received your AOR2 in April 22, when did you get the AOR1 (approval of sponsor, and the APP was being pushed to TT)?
I'm trying to gage the timing, as I just got my AOR1 last week, and its on its way to TT for processing.

Im hearing ~3 months for AOR2.

Thanks

Ryan
I got my AOR2 a week after my file went to POS...

TDGUY file went a couple of weeks before mine to POS and he hasn't gotten it

tdguy said:
This is the reply i got from them this morning (they replied in less than 24 hours)

Good day,

Your application has been received at this office but processing has not yet commenced.
Please provide us with your new mailing address in a separate email or complete, sign and scan to us a new IMM 0008 application form with your current residential and mailing addresses.

Thank you.

Immigration Section / Section de l’immigration
High Commission of Canada
3-3A Sweet Briar Road, St. Clair | 3-3A, rue Sweet Briar, St. Clair
Port of Spain,Trinidad & Tobago | Port d’Espagne, Trinité-et-Tobago

what i do find strange, however, is that ecas saids they started processing it! Are they playing us? wth they are really wierd yes... oh well let them work
At least we know now that the third line doesn't equal AOR2 :(

Sorry they haven't begun working your application yet...

But they seem fast about responding...

The wait continues for us all ...I hope they have begun looking at my file... I got so happy when they sent AOR2

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Anxiouswifey - if you click on the link below in my signature line it shows you the timelines for people getting AOR1 and AOR2, etc. There are lots of statistics that this forum collects that might help you see what your potential wait time might be.

You can look for people specifically in POS.

Good luck.

Anxiouswifey said:

The wait continues for us all ...I hope they have begun looking at my file... I got so happy when they sent AOR2

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
The data for POS looks very good on the spreadsheet, though there are very few persons on it (which may not be a bad thing) and who knows canadianinlove, without the red flags you and your husband had, you may have gotten through even faster. Wifey and I are hoping to here something from POS in march fingers crossed, today makes it 3 months exactly since our app was received....

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
FEDEX PP-SENT POS 2016APR16|POS RECV POS:2016APR26
VISA ISSUED...
VISA ISSUES 2016MAY10-FEXEXED|PP-INHAND 2016MAY12
LANDED..........
SEP2016
Anxiouswifey said:

Sometimes things does be slow in processing, and all of a sudden you waiting, and waiting... and BOOM! it done! and well other times things does take longer.
Wah yuh go do, its a process, like it or not, if it eh kill meh, or result in a divorce, then it sure as well will make us stronger in the relationship. After we all finish with this, I wish you never have to spend more than a week away from our spouses (shet, I eh letting she out of meh sight!much less a week, or a weekend lol) Or may we never get impatience with any Govt process. I mean we would have been through hell and back.

We just have to wait...I mean we know what we was getting into (at least I knew vs my wife).

But I have a few questions, and look for your advise.

Q1. Did some of you expect to take a period of time, and have to go through all of this? (I'm not meaning the extra wait time, or bumps in the road).
I ask this, because I knew what was expected at least 6 on the minimum, 9 on the max, and FK~! or a year if *censored word* goes down hill, and we have to appeal a negative decision.

Q2. How did that conversation go?
I tried talking to my wife about this, and set the expectation. I believe she understood the expectations from the beginning. But she being in the US, and as you know the the process to landing, is like fkn 3-6 months...she forgets that each country has their own times and process.

Q3. When you visit your spouse what do you do? Do you tend to spend a few days inside and not seeing the sun (you know what i mean). Or do you go out and see family, friends and do things on your own?
For her and I - we alternate locations. Trip 1, I bus, plane, drive to NJ/NY see her, and her family, and mine. We hang out, go places, dinner, do family intertwined things. On Trip 2, she takes a bus to Buffalo, I drive to Buff, and we seriously don't come out for a solid day. Then go do stuff, dinner, sight seeing, walks, or making breakfast in the hotel room etc... Then we alternative back, or change up a bit. For the most part, I try to force a 3rd trip to Buffalo, this way its just her and I, no family to bother us, and we can spend quality time together wo inerruptions

Cheers,

Ryan

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
tdguy said:
This is the reply i got from them this morning (they replied in less than 24 hours)

Good day,

Your application has been received at this office but processing has not yet commenced.
Please provide us with your new mailing address in a separate email or complete, sign and scan to us a new IMM 0008 application form with your current residential and mailing addresses.

Thank you.

Immigration Section / Section de l’immigration
High Commission of Canada
3-3A Sweet Briar Road, St. Clair | 3-3A, rue Sweet Briar, St. Clair
Port of Spain,Trinidad & Tobago | Port d’Espagne, Trinité-et-Tobago

what i do find strange, however, is that ecas saids they started processing it! Are they playing us? wth they are really wierd yes... oh well let them work

Yeah kind'a disappointing tdguy, they notify you about one thing, and tell you another. After reading your post, 3 months is not too bad. I mean, in my letter the other day they said it will take 6 months for completion, and may include an interview is needed.

I feel we getting too excited with the response time of their emails. lol I think I am too. you for 24 hours, I got 48. Hey at least deh doing something.

Cheers,

Ryan

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
It's funny, I like to see the stats of some members on here.

Like Anxiouswifey did not waste time at all from Int to Landed.

Insert Quote
Quote from: Anxiouswifey on February 11, 2016, 05:01:58 pm

Interview........: 29-10-2015
Passport Req..: 30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...: 30-10-2015
LANDED..........: 02-11-2015

Lol Interview 29-10-2015, Passport req, Visa Issued, and landed in less than 4 days deh buss'road to Canada. - didnt laps

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
Ryan boi, wah we go do is joke. I hoping to get meh visa to leave by at least august, but that is just our though. My wife and I will be spending our summer in europe, so we are hoping is just for me to come back, pack up and leave. However, we have a 18 year age difference, I am 24 and she is 42, we have been together for 5 years though, long distance since 2012, as she used to live here in Trinidad with me. That we think, may force an interview, which may ultimately slow down the process.

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
tdguy said:
Ryan boi, wah we go do is joke. I hoping to get meh visa to leave by at least august, but that is just our though. My wife and I will be spending our summer in europe, so we are hoping is just for me to come back, pack up and leave. However, we have a 18 year age difference, I am 24 and she is 42, we have been together for 5 years though, long distance since 2012, as she used to live here in Trinidad with me. That we think, may force an interview, which may ultimately slow down the process.
Yeah I can see what you mean with the age diff. But Aug is 6 months away, you already 3 months in. I mean worse case they go right to Aug and make it 9 months, but I doubt. Remember my email they said it will take 6 months from review to end.

If you already have you app in TT, its just a matter of time for review. Who knows, yuh know how deh last minute, they might wait till the near end of the required time, and wap wap wap Interview, passport, Visa and now get the MC out!! Hey you 3 months ahead of me, so you are that much closer. I still have that amount of time to go.

lol

Cheers,

Ryan

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
Fingers crossed we don't wait that long. I hpe things work out for the both of us, bro. p.s where in trini were u from though?

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
tdguy said:

Yuh know what, that 18 year diff i doubt go be an issue. I mean worse case scenario they call you for an interview. With that i also doubt you will fail it. they will ask genuine questions bout your relationship.
I know a close family friend Husband is 45ish, wife 31 (at the time). They met in NY while he was working, she was there wo status - during the courtship HE knew what was expected of supporting documents. So they went all over, Hawaii, Las Vagas, and other attractions. She willingly left NY, went to TT, they got married in TT, she stayed back. He returned, submitted the application, and WAM! I think in under 7 months of submission they were approved - NO INTERVIEW required, and she was in Canada in no time.

So man, hold spirit, age is just a number, worse case they ask for an interview, and you know from the stats, and post im reading, some ppl doing up the visa the same week.
Keep faith, keep faith, in time.

Cheers,

Ryan

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
tdguy said:
Fingers crossed we don't wait that long. I hpe things work out for the both of us, bro. p.s where in trini were u from though?

Yeah I hope so too.

Mom from Arouca/Near Trincity Mall/Five Rivers area, Father, from Tacariga off the main road

So I lived in between both location while i was in TT. Granted, im 35, moved to Canada in '88, so I was fairly young when I got here. In the past once I landed, I was going back and forth 2-3 times a year, so I still grew up with a Trini background, compared t some ppl who were born here (as my sister), and brought up with a "Canadian" life style.

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
okay cool man, I grew up in Sanjuan / barataria......

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
tdguy said:
okay cool man, I grew up in Sanjuan / barataria......
haha really? I grew up with visiting "extended" family on the Saddle Road and I have an aunt living inside Santa Cruz

My wife is from Barataria (Malick) - but I've never been to see that side of the family as yet. Then down on the road in Aranguez my god sister lives.

Damn we from the area.

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
wda!!/? I grew up in malick specifically , 6th and 7th avenue lmao! i probably know your wife hahha

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
tdguy said:
wda!!/? I grew up in malick specifically , 6th and 7th avenue lmao! i probably know your wife hahha

hemph! look at that eh!