5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
Canadianinlove said:
I had said to my husband that I am always going to try and help other people on here because it was such a difficult time in our lives and this forum helped me and gave me hope.
I am hoping that I will be able to do that for others as well.

We had prepared for us to be denied and were preparing to reapply or appeal depending on what happened. I said if we got through then others can as well. Everyone needs hope.

We aren't angry at his ex, I actually feel sorry for her. You can't make someone stay that wants to leave. I am sure that she is living with her mistakes. Although there were many times when I wanted to say something to her but I decided that it was not worth my time. hahaha

What are your red flags? I thought ours were just brutal!
BEAUTIFUL!!!

I will PM soon lol

BethMartin

Jun 29, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Some of you may have seen a thread I started in September under Family Class sponsorship about PhD research I'm doing on experiences of the Family Class application process that includes an anonymous online survey for people who are currently going through or recently finished the process. My goal is that my results can be used for advocacy to improve the system for people who want to sponsor family members in the future.

I'm still looking for lots more people to respond to the survey as the more people respond the stronger the results will be. In particular I’m looking for people who are not well-represented in the data I've already collected. Unfortunately I haven't heard from many people yet who are sponsoring family members from the various Caribbean countries so that's why I'm posting in this thread.

So if any of you are interested in telling me about your experiences with and recommendations for the sponsorship process I'd like to invite you to go to https://survey.ryerson.ca:443/s?s=4526 .
On the first page you'll find more information about the survey, and at the bottom of that page there is a link to click on to start the survey. The survey can be done in English or French. The moderators of this forum have given me permission to post about the survey.

Thanks so much everyone for taking the time to read this and good luck with your applications! :)

Samaara

Oct 23, 2015
hey guys,
Im so excited and thankful cause i received my PP Request via email from POS office today and i thought that id share the good news,

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
this is what my ECAS looks like

1. We received your application for permanent residence on July 30, 2015.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 8, 2015.
3. We started processing your application on October 1, 2015.

below i have attached the email i received for those who are awaiting theirs.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This refers to your application for permanent residence to Canada. Please find attached a document indicating the next steps to be followed for the continued processing of your application.

All documents or information requested must be provided by the date specified in the attached letter. Failure to comply within this time frame could result in the refusal of your application.

Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing. Please read

the following letter carefully and complete the necessary steps in order to finalize your application.

Steps to follow:

 Provide your original signed valid passport:

- Your passport must be valid at least one month beyond the expiry date of your medical exam

- Each person, including minor children, must have their own passport, and there must be at

- Ordinary passports are the only type of passport into which a permanent resident visa may

- Passports that are not signed by the holder are not valid for travel

Citizens of countries who do NOT require a visa to visit Canada, are NOT required to submit original

passports. Please submit a photocopy of the biodata page of your passport.

Citizens of Guyana - only machine readable Guyanese passports will be accepted.

 Provide two (2) recent photographs for yourself:

- The photos must be 35 mm x 45 mm, and must have a white background. Exact photo

- The name of each applicant must be written on the back of one (1) picture

 Provide a pre-paid courier envelope/airway bill addressed to yourself for the return of your

passport and your original documents.

 Complete the Passport Submission Form (below) for yourself, and submit it with your

documents.

xxxx 2016, which will be the date by which you must arrive in Canada as an

immigrant

least two blank pages in each passport

be inserted. Diplomatic, official, and other special passports are not acceptable

specifications are available at:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

How to submit your documents:

Documents should be submitted via courier service,(ie, DHL, Fedex) to the High Commission of Canada

in Port of Spain:

High Commission of Canada

Immigration Section

3-3A Sweet Briar Road

St. Clair, Port of Spain

Trinidad & Tobago

You must submit all the items listed above within 30 days from the date of this letter (or email, if you

have received this by email). Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

Immigration Section

3-3A Sweet Briar Road

St. Clair, Port of Spain

Trinidad & Tobago

Email: xxxxxxxxx
Application: xxxxxxxxxxx

Passport Submission Form (must be completed for each file)

Please fill the following information for yourself:

First Name Family Name Height (cm) Eye Colour

1. __________________ ___ _ _____ _____________

Please provide your current contact details:

Telephone: ______________________________________________

Address: _____________________________________________

Email: ______________________________________________

You may be contacted in case additional information is needed or if something changes after you submit

your passport

God is amazing, have faith....... good luck to everyone here and their loved ones......

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!
Congratulations. So happy for you!
Less that 4 months is amazing!!!!

Soon you be together in Canada!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Samaara said:
hey guys,
Im so excited and thankful cause i received my PP Request via email from POS office today and i thought that id share the good news,

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 8, 2015.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This refers to your application for permanent residence to Canada. Please find attached a document indicating the next steps to be followed for the continued processing of your application.

All documents or information requested must be provided by the date specified in the attached letter. Failure to comply within this time frame could result in the refusal of your application.

Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing. Please read

the following letter carefully and complete the necessary steps in order to finalize your application.

Steps to follow:

- Your passport must be valid at least one month beyond the expiry date of your medical exam

- Each person, including minor children, must have their own passport, and there must be at

- Ordinary passports are the only type of passport into which a permanent resident visa may

Citizens of countries who do NOT require a visa to visit Canada, are NOT required to submit original

- The photos must be 35 mm x 45 mm, and must have a white background. Exact photo

 Provide a pre-paid courier envelope/airway bill addressed to yourself for the return of your

 Complete the Passport Submission Form (below) for yourself, and submit it with your

documents.

immigrant

be inserted. Diplomatic, official, and other special passports are not acceptable

Documents should be submitted via courier service,(ie, DHL, Fedex) to the High Commission of Canada

in Port of Spain:

Immigration Section

3-3A Sweet Briar Road

St. Clair, Port of Spain

Trinidad & Tobago

You must submit all the items listed above within 30 days from the date of this letter (or email, if you

have received this by email). Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

Immigration Section

3-3A Sweet Briar Road

St. Clair, Port of Spain

Trinidad & Tobago

You may be contacted in case additional information is needed or if something changes after you submit

your passport

God is amazing, have faith....... good luck to everyone here and their loved ones......

Samaara

Oct 23, 2015
Thank you canadianinlove and thanks for sharing your story about immigration. People like you here on this forum truly inspire and give hope to others in their waiting process. And yeah our application was processed really fast we were thinking it would be around six months waiting I hope POS issue my visa soon cause my husband and i want to be with each other for Christmas. Btw my Passport was sent to POS today through FedEx and will arrive on Monday

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
Samaara said:
hey guys,

Dear Sir/Madam,

Steps to follow:

documents.

immigrant

in Port of Spain:

Immigration Section

3-3A Sweet Briar Road

St. Clair, Port of Spain

Trinidad & Tobago

Immigration Section

3-3A Sweet Briar Road

St. Clair, Port of Spain

Trinidad & Tobago

your passport

Congrats happy for you
What country/island in POS??
Can you share you processing time from the day Missussauga received your application
Please and than you
And again congrats !!

Samaara

Oct 23, 2015
Thank you needhimback :D :D

I'm from guyana

Application received; mississauga - 30 July 2015
Acknowledgement of receipt 1 - 28 September 2015
Acknowledgement of receipt 2 - 8 October 2015
Medicals submitted - 10 October 2015
Passport request - 18 November 2015
Passport sent to POS - 19 November 2015
Passport returned - ?

Hopefully praying to god I'll get back my passport soon. God is great

Samaara

Oct 23, 2015
My application took 112 days from the date it was received by missassauga office to passport request stage, however I'm still waiting on my passport to be returned

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
I am sure you will be tracking the passport delivery! That is amazing news that you send in the passport - should come back soon with the visa in it!
Looks like you might be fully completed in 3 months!!! YAY!

Samaara said:
Thank you canadianinlove and thanks for sharing your story about immigration. People like you here on this forum truly inspire and give hope to others in their waiting process. And yeah our application was processed really fast we were thinking it would be around six months waiting I hope POS issue my visa soon cause my husband and i want to be with each other for Christmas. Btw my Passport was sent to POS today through FedEx and will arrive on Monday

Samaara

Oct 23, 2015
Canadianinlove said:
I am sure you will be tracking the passport delivery! That is amazing news that you send in the passport - should come back soon with the visa in it!
Looks like you might be fully completed in 3 months!!! YAY!
Three months omg is that how long they'll take to return my PP :eek: :eek: :eek:

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
HAha! sorry to freak you out! I mean your entire process from start to finish might be 3 months.
Looks like you are fast tracked.
:)
:p :p :p

Samaara said:
Three months omg is that how long they'll take to return my PP :eek: :eek: :eek:

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
Samaara said:
Thank you needhimback :D :D

I'm from guyana

Application received; mississauga - 30 July 2015
Acknowledgement of receipt 1 - 28 September 2015
Acknowledgement of receipt 2 - 8 October 2015
Medicals submitted - 10 October 2015
Passport request - 18 November 2015
Passport sent to POS - 19 November 2015
Passport returned - ?

Hopefully praying to god I'll get back my passport soon. God is great
Nice !!

My husband is in Guyana too (I'm also Guyanese born) that was really fast, I take it you didn't get a interview (probably no red flags)
For some reason I have heard In this POS thread (as well as reviewing the Guyanese people processing time ) that the Guyanese are making it through really fast wow !!!
I hope that can apply to our case but doubt that (he has red flags )

Samaara

Oct 23, 2015
Canadianinlove said:
HAha! sorry to freak you out! I mean your entire process from start to finish might be 3 months.
Looks like you are fast tracked.
:)
:p :p :p
Lol yeah i freaked out a bit. ???

Hopefully i get back my PP soon and I'll surely update you guys. :D

Jul 14, 2015
Hey everyone never posted before, but have read a lot of helpful information/tips posted in Port of Spain forum. And would just like to say thank you all. But also felt it is important to share my experience so far. I am a Canadian born of Guyanese decent. Married my wife in Guyana Jan 19th 2014, family arranged marriage. Waited to build evidence before submitting application and help make application stronger, ie. moneygrams, call history(200 pages), gmail(500 pages), detailed cover letter itemizing everything in application package, bank statements, receipts, pictures with full details and explanation using word(this was advise from a immigration lawyer who also gave a few needed tips on the already completed application etc.), letters from 5 different family members in Guyana and Canada. Our immigration lawyer did say also, our denied visitor visa attempt in September 2014 was only helpful for our PR application as it shows us in a genuine marriage and trying to be together, etc..
Application close to 1000 pages with evidence all completed by my wife and I. Our application was an outland family class, small simple wedding with close relatives in Guyana. Please be aware did spend 45 days living together in Guyana as husband and wife but did not travel back to Guyana since then. As I am waiting for my wife in Canada. Our timeline with details below,

Permanent Residence
1.received your application for permanent residence on July 13, 2015
2.started processing your application on September 14, 2015
3.passport, new medical(previous expired), and 2 visa pictures requested on 0ct 20th, 2015
4.re-medical submitted upfront and received November 7th, 2015
5.passport received by immigration Canada Port of Spain November 12th, 2015(new updated with name change) sent DHL Guyana
6. nov 21st, 2015 - status changed to decision made, with name change
7. waiting for return of passport
no interview requested

Any helpful tips with in Canada landing interview at the airport for my wife would be appreciated and we will share more from my experience as requested. Also will share more when received from Port of Spain and the landing experience. Please feel free to ask any questions too. Thank you :p

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
ericndarshanie said:
Hey everyone never posted before, but have read a lot of helpful information/tips posted in Port of Spain forum. And would just like to say thank you all. But also felt it is important to share my experience so far. I am a Canadian born of Guyanese decent. Married my wife in Guyana Jan 19th 2014, family arranged marriage. Waited to build evidence before submitting application and help make application stronger, ie. moneygrams, call history(200 pages), gmail(500 pages), detailed cover letter itemizing everything in application package, bank statements, receipts, pictures with full details and explanation using word(this was advise from a immigration lawyer who also gave a few needed tips on the already completed application etc.), letters from 5 different family members in Guyana and Canada. Our immigration lawyer did say also, our denied visitor visa attempt in September 2014 was only helpful for our PR application as it shows us in a genuine marriage and trying to be together, etc..
Application close to 1000 pages with evidence all completed by my wife and I. Our application was an outland family class, small simple wedding with close relatives in Guyana. Please be aware did spend 45 days living together in Guyana as husband and wife but did not travel back to Guyana since then. As I am waiting for my wife in Canada. Our timeline with details below,

Permanent Residence
1.received your application for permanent residence on July 13, 2015
2.started processing your application on September 14, 2015
3.passport, new medical(previous expired), and 2 visa pictures requested on 0ct 20th, 2015
4.re-medical submitted upfront and received November 7th, 2015
5.passport received by immigration Canada Port of Spain November 12th, 2015(new updated with name change) sent DHL Guyana
6. nov 21st, 2015 - status changed to decision made, with name change
7. waiting for return of passport
no interview requested

Any helpful tips with in Canada landing interview at the airport for my wife would be appreciated and we will share more from my experience as requested. Also will share more when received from Port of Spain and the landing experience. Please feel free to ask any questions too. Thank you :p
Welcome

Your package was strong ( sounds alot like what we prepared and sent in too) I still think people don't need lawyers and can do it all themselves. Your are so lucky you didn't have a interview and at this point now you won't you had no red flags, excellent !!!!

Your almost done, and I am extremely happy for you both

Like i said in my last post - it seems like we the Guyanese are going fast - I hope the same for me too
Congrats and happy landing