2/9/2015
Passport Req..
In-Process/07/August/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In God Timing
Canadianinlove said:
Don't worry about him getting a job there are plenty here in Canada.
I am actually a Corporate Recruiter and have been hiring people in the Toronto area for over 20 years. If he is willing to work there will be jobs for him.
:)

Best of luck
Hey Canadianinlove congrats to you and your hubby,.,.,I do have some sad news about my case,I got a letter on the 3rd of Nov stating that I am inadmissible for a guilty plea fine I had in the U.S.A. driving on a suspended license some 16years ago.

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
gehtrew said:
Hey Canadianinlove congrats to you and your hubby,.,.,I do have some sad news about my case,I got a letter on the 3rd of Nov stating that I am inadmissible for a guilty plea fine I had in the U.S.A. driving on a suspended license some 16years ago.
Hi gehtrew I read your thread in the post when this happened to you and honestly I think you should appeal it ASAP !!!!

It doesn't sit well with me - like serious 16 years ago and for a suspended license (this is not a conviction)
Please appeal this because if you don't your looking at waiting for five long years before your spouse can file for you again - unbelievable !!! - this Canadaian immigration system - smh

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
gehtrew said:
That's bogus!! I really hope you appeal the decision. 16 years is a lifetime ago.

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
needhimback said:
Welcome Anixiouswifey to the immigration process

There is also a thread you can watch for all the November 2015 spousal applications (Outland)

And if you applied in Novemeber 2015 I don't think you will receive AOR in early Decemeber, there are applicants for September 2015 who are still waiting for their SA and AOR . You should check out their timelines (you will not be at your 60 day mark from the time you put in your application , your 60'day mark is January 2015) and CIC is now working on Application received in early September 2015 .....,..

welcome to the waiting game

Good luck wishing you all the best ( I'm a month in front of you)

Thank you for this information. I thought they sent a letter saying they received your application :( I knew I would be waiting until January to hear anything about the decision. I will look for the November thread.

I have some sad news though, my mom who was here on a visitors visa, she passed away unexpectedly on 11/04/15. I really miss my mom, and I really wish I had my husband here with me. My mom brought his paperwork back to me on Saturday. On Sunday, she and I, went to the post office to mail the package. The same day it was received by CIC, is the same day she passed.

Right now, I don't know what to do, but I really hope this application isn't delayed any... and that we get through the process. I can't take anymore heartbreak or disappointments... :( :'(

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
Anxiouswifey said:
Thank you for this information. I thought they sent a letter saying they received your application :( I knew I would be waiting until January to hear anything about the decision. I will look for the November thread.

I have some sad news though, my mom who was here on a visitors visa, she passed away unexpectedly on 11/04/15. I really miss my mom, and I really wish I had my husband here with me. My mom brought his paperwork back to me on Saturday. On Sunday, she and I, went to the post office to mail the package. The same day it was received by CIC, is the same day she passed.

Right now, I don't know what to do, but I really hope this application isn't delayed any... and that we get through the process. I can't take anymore heartbreak or disappointments... :( :'(
Anxiouswifey I am so sorry to hear about the recent passing of your mother, I can't imagine what you are through and how terrible it is to know ,that she passed on the actual day you and your mother went to the post office to mail the package....... this is truly devasting to inhale.

I know its a difficult time for you and the waiting game doesn't make it any easier, therefore you must stay strong and pray.

You might even receive PR before me because I know for sure my case will take longer than normal.
Your mother is watching over you and will get through this by the grace of God,

Again My condolences to you and your family

Needhimback

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
What terrible news. I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my prayers.

Anxiouswifey said:

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
What? That is ridiculous. Other people have gotten through with way worse than that! I would suggest just contacting a lawyer and seeing if there is anything you can do.

gehtrew said:

CanadianVincy

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
15-June-2015
Doc's Request.
Re-do New App. 27-01-2017... Submitted 31-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-July-2015
File Transfer...
21-Aug-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-Sept-2015/Redo 15-Feb-2017
Interview........
20-Jan-2016...Denied/Appeal 24-Nov-16...Allowed/Decision ltr Dec.21.16
Passport Req..
Background check 08-Feb-2017/DM on ECAS 02-June-2017/PPR 21-June-2017
VISA ISSUED...
July-20-2017/Received July-24-2017
LANDED..........
July-26-2017
Hi,

I'm a newbie on here but I've been reading all the post for a while now. I wanted to tell you my story.

I am Canadian and my husband is from St vincent. He's living there right now. He was in canada about 4 years ago (at that time he didn't need a visa to come to canada). He was living here for 5 years and over stayed his visit. This is how we met. We were really good friends,however both of us were young so we didn't think of taking any pictures during that time.
Long story short, he when back to st vincent in 2012. But before he went back he proposed to me. He didnt have a ring at the time and we didnt take any pictures. When he went back he didn't get deported he just decided to go back to help out his family (his parents were sick at the time).

From 2012 til now we've been talk on the phone or Skype. Fast forward, in 2014 I went to go visit him in st vincent (I didn't go before because I was in school and I didn't have a stable job). We talked about getting married and in Feb. 2015 I went back down to get married.

Now I've applied for him to be sponsored, here's our time line:
Application received at missassauga on July 18 2015
Application transfer to port of spain on Aug 13 2015
Medicals submitted on Sept 22 2015 (upfront)

Now we're just waiting and don't know how long it will take for either an interview or request for passport.

Btw, I have submitted pictures at our wedding and 150 pages of text messages on what's app. As proof of our relationship. But when I went down to get married I came back to canada pregnant. I am 9 month pregnant now with our first baby (he has no more kids and neither do i). I didn't add it on the application because there was no where to put it.

I'm concerned about having to attend the interview with him while having a newborn.

Please help I need some advice!

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
CanadianVincy said:
Hi,

I'm a newbie on here but I've been reading all the post for a while now. I wanted to tell you my story.

I am Canadian and my husband is from St vincent. He's living there right now. He was in canada about 4 years ago (at that time he didn't need a visa to come to canada). He was living here for 5 years and over stayed his visit. This is how we met. We were really good friends,however both of us were young so we didn't think of taking any pictures during that time.
Long story short, he when back to st vincent in 2012. But before he went back he proposed to me. He didnt have a ring at the time and we didnt take any pictures. When he went back he didn't get deported he just decided to go back to help out his family (his parents were sick at the time).

From 2012 til now we've been talk on the phone or Skype. Fast forward, in 2014 I went to go visit him in st vincent (I didn't go before because I was in school and I didn't have a stable job). We talked about getting married and in Feb. 2015 I went back down to get married.

Now I've applied for him to be sponsored, here's our time line:
Application received at missassauga on July 18 2015
Application transfer to port of spain on Aug 13 2015
Medicals submitted on Sept 22 2015 (upfront)

Now we're just waiting and don't know how long it will take for either an interview or request for passport.

Btw, I have submitted pictures at our wedding and 150 pages of text messages on what's app. As proof of our relationship. But when I went down to get married I came back to canada pregnant. I am 9 month pregnant now with our first baby (he has no more kids and neither do i). I didn't add it on the application because there was no where to put it.

I'm concerned about having to attend the interview with him while having a newborn.

At this point you are still waiting and in process, hopefully he won't need to do Meds and police clearance again depending on the processing of your case. You can order your COPR to see where you are in the process as well as viewing the July 2015 spousal application thread (thatvwaybyou can see the process of all those who applied the same time as you ) it's very helpful.

Please help I need some advice!
Hi and welcome to POS

I honestly think you have a strong case and don't really see an interview taking place, but then again who knows with our Canadian Immigration , normally its within 8 months of the application process they request for an interview. In the meantime I would still get him prepared. The interview questions are all over the forum, if you need help finding the 100'questions let me know.

You seem to have a good amount of supporting documents so no need to worry on that end. In regards to not having proof of communications and pics prior to your relationship don't even worry about that most people like myself and others either don't have it due to the fact we are not prepare for immigration prior to applying. This can also be explained to them at a interview if asked. What I did was write a 12 page essay from myself and hubby wrote 11 pages too explaining our entire relationship before, during and at marriage, at that time we indicated we have no pics prior to the beginning of our relationship and stated why.

Congrats on your pregnancy - this you might want to update POS with (additional information very important) this will definitely make your case stronger and can avoid a nerve wrecking interview. (Shows genuine relationship for sure) !!!!

Honestly speaking you are not required to attend the interview with your hubby (by choice) POS is not required to interview you - spouses just go to provide support to their partners ......however there has been some cases that at the interview the sponsor is invited in the interview and asked questions as well, but again not often.

You might also want to take a view at the thread on this forum for : " July 2015 Outland Spousal applications" this way you can see the process of others around the world who applied at the same time as you and how their process is moving - very helpful too .

I personally will be supporting my husband in POS if he is scheduled for an interview.

I wish you, your husband and the birth of your new child all the best !!

See you around the forum

Needhiback

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
mrs.trini said:
Hello All !

Well here is my landing story !

My hubby arrived about 3:10 PM on August 29th .
I had to hurry to the airport as time was cutting short from getting all pretty for him lol.

I got lost trying to find parking and ended up settling for the discount parking lot but I didn't care because I had to make it there to see my babes.

I walked and followed the signs for Terminal 3 where I stopped and realized everyone was waiting for the train.
I really didn't realize how far I parked !

After a huge journey of walking I made it and I waited for my hubby; about 10 mins to 4PM he arrived.
I held up my "Welcome to Canada Baby" sign and he didn't see it among the big crowd so I began to walk towards him and he saw me and started to smile.

We hugged and kissed and It was absolutely one of the best feelings ever !
After 3 and a half years of long distance this is the greatest sense of relief and up to now everything still feels so unreal.

I'm actually glad I got lost because he got to experience going on the train for the first time lol.

I wish everyone good luck and lots of faith during their process <3

Ps. At Immigration he was simply asked where he is staying, my name, how we met , how much money he had on him & if he was claiming anything .
Beautiful story mrs Trini- I felt like I was right there with you lol

Now can you tell us all how your processing time only took 5 months ???

Wow unbelievable and congrats !!!!

CanadianVincy

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
15-June-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
18-July-2015
File Transfer...
21-Aug-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July-26-2017
needhimback said:
Hi and welcome to POS

I honestly think you have a strong case and don't really see an interview taking place, but then again who knows with our Canadian Immigration , normally its within 8 months of the application process they request for an interview. In the meantime I would still get him prepared. The interview questions are all over the forum, if you need help finding the 100'questions let me know.

You seem to have a good amount of supporting documents so no need to worry on that end. In regards to not having proof of communications and pics prior to your relationship don't even worry about that most people like myself and others either don't have it due to the fact we are not prepare for immigration prior to applying. This can also be explained to them at a interview if asked. What I did was write a 12 page essay from myself and hubby wrote 11 pages too explaining our entire relationship before, during and at marriage, at that time we indicated we have no pics prior to the beginning of our relationship and stated why.

Congrats on your pregnancy - this you might want to update POS with (additional information very important) this will definitely make your case stronger and can avoid a nerve wrecking interview. (Shows genuine relationship for sure) !!!!

Honestly speaking you are not required to attend the interview with your hubby (by choice) POS is not required to interview you - spouses just go to provide support to their partners ......however there has been some cases that at the interview the sponsor is invited in the interview and asked questions as well, but again not often.

You might also want to take a view at the thread on this forum for : " July 2015 Outland Spousal applications" this way you can see the process of others around the world who applied at the same time as you and how their process is moving - very helpful too .

I personally will be supporting my husband in POS if he is scheduled for an interview.

I wish you, your husband and the birth of your new child all the best !!

See you around the forum

Needhiback
Thanks so much needhimback! I really do appreciate your comments.
I will definitely long on july 2015 Outland Spousal application just to see how quickly they are going. I also do hope we don't need to attend and interview.

Do u know if I have to inform both canada immigration and pos about the birth of our baby?
And do you think it would be a good idea to explain why we don't have pictures for the beginning of our relationship before they ask for anything else?

CanadianVincy

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
15-June-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
18-July-2015
File Transfer...
21-Aug-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July-26-2017
Anxiouswifey said:

So sorry for your loss. My condolences go out to u, and prays for u and your family.

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
CanadianVincy said:
Thanks so much needhimback! I really do appreciate your comments.
I will definitely long on july 2015 Outland Spousal application just to see how quickly they are going. I also do hope we don't need to attend and interview.

Do u know if I have to inform both canada immigration and pos about the birth of our baby?
And do you think it would be a good idea to explain why we don't have pictures for the beginning of our relationship before they ask for anything else?
I'm assuming the file is now with POS and you shouldn't wait until after the baby is born, you should update them that your pregnant (like I mentioned it shows more genuine of the relationship)

And no it's not necessary to update them regarding the reason why you don't have pics from the begin of your relationship, unfortunately that should have been included in your application package (additional information- separate sheet of paper) please don't let that stress you.

If ask........then explain or provide - don't open up,a can of worms with these people lol, trust me on that one.
Pray all will,go well........we are all in the same boat.......waiting waiting waiting with our lives in the hands of the Canadian Immigration.

CanadianVincy

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
15-June-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
18-July-2015
File Transfer...
21-Aug-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July-26-2017
needhimback said:
I'm assuming the file is now with POS and you shouldn't wait until after the baby is born, you should update them that your pregnant (like I mentioned it shows more genuine of the relationship)

And no it's not necessary to update them regarding the reason why you don't have pics from the begin of your relationship, unfortunately that should have been included in your application package (additional information- separate sheet of paper) please don't let that stress you.

If ask........then explain or provide - don't open up,a can of worms with these people lol, trust me on that one.
Pray all will,go well........we are all in the same boat.......waiting waiting waiting with our lives in the hands of the Canadian Immigration.
Thank so much. I'm due in 2 weeks so I'll just wait until I have the baby. But I did contact Canadian immigration and they told me that I would have to give the a copy of the babys birth certificate when the babys born. So I was unsure of having to inform just Canadian immigration or informing pos as well.

P.s. I hate this waiting game and not knowing whats going on

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
CanadianVincy said:
Thank so much. I'm due in 2 weeks so I'll just wait until I have the baby. But I did contact Canadian immigration and they told me that I would have to give the a copy of the babys birth certificate when the babys born. So I was unsure of having to inform just Canadian immigration or informing pos as well.

P.s. I hate this waiting game and not knowing whats going on
Great !!!

I actually thought you just found out your pregnant, didn't realize your so close to your delivery date - wow how exciting - happy for you and hubby !!!

Yes provide them with the birth certificate once it come that too is a other waiting period lol ....maybe you can give a copy of the baby's live birth document and then provide the birth certificate once it's sent to you.