5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
Canadianinlove said:
Just a quick up. Hubby had is interview yesterday and they called they called us back this morning. His visa was issued am returning to Canada on Monday. Once I return I'll give a full update as to what happened in the interview as well as the visa process after. God is good
Beautiful am so happy for you both- I actually sent you a personal message before you post this because I was concern about your interview and wanting to know how it went :)

So I will just wait for you to update us all

Again I'm so happy all went well - now it's soon time to land.

I know my hubby will get one too - scary lol

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
KDS said:
hello everyone,

I 'm a newbie to this forum, i have applied for my husband in february of this year and have to go for an interview in December. Can anyone share some questions that they might ask at the interview. BTW i'm in canada and he is in guyan.

Any help would be appreciated :(
Hi there this is from POS - it can get you prepared:

gehtrew

Ratings: +0
[Good] [Poor]

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Port of Spain
App. Filed.......: 20/October/2014
Doc's Request.: 04/Febuary/2015
AOR Received.: 16/Febuary/2015
File Transfer...: 01/March/2015./SA
Med's Request: None
Med's Done....: 03/June/2014
Interview........: 2/9/2015
Passport Req..: In-Process/07/August/2015
VISA ISSUED...: Waiting
LANDED..........: In God Timing

Re: Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago
« Reply #8975 on: September 19, 2015, 04:54:08 am »
Reply with quoteQuote
Quote from: Canadianinlove on September 18, 2015, 10:13:34 am
thank you.
I am trying to remain calm. If I show any signs of being nervous or worried my hubby will start to get himself worked up and worried.

I just want to get it over with.

Hey Canadianinlove, I can relate to what your husband is experiencing the feeling of having an interview.I had an interview recently in Port of Spain office which went pretty well,was nervous to be truthful.What he has to do is get all the info he can about you and your family members and just be truthful to the officer.

Some of the Questions was asked
1) What is your wife name and birth date? (2)When did you get married? (3)where did you get married? (4)Why Spouse is not present at interview? (if not present) (5) Why did you get married? (6)How long have you been married? (7) what is the purpose of your marriage?(Cool Did you get married soley for the purpose of gaining Canadian Citizenship? (9) 10)Did you have a marriage ceremony? (11)When and what address the marriage ceremony was held? (12)What date was the marriage held? (13)How many people family members of yours and hers was present at the marriage ceremony? (14) Did you have a marriage reception? (15) Where and what date and place? (16)How many people family members attended the reception from your family and hers? (17)Did your parents attend the wedding ceremony? (18)Did her parents attended the wedding Ceremony? (19)Did any one accompany her to the wedding?(Depend on if the spouse had to travel from Canada to the wedding and family members or friend accompanied her) 20)Did you go on a honeymoon? (21)Where and when did you go on your honeymoon? (22)How many children your wife have? (23)What are their names and how old are they? (24)What country were they born? (25)How many kids do you have? (26)What are their names and how old are they? (27)What country they were born? (28)I have noticed you have such and such on you application why did you omitted that? (just be truthful in your explanation) 29)How many brothers and sisters your spouse have? (30)What are their names? (31)Do you have any relatives that lives in Canada and where do they live? (32)How often do you and your spouse communicate? (33) How do you communicate by phone e mails etc? (34)When you talk what are some of the things you will talk about? (35)What are some of the things she has told you that she has not told anyone else about herself? (36) What would you say is her favorite color? (37)What your spouse does for a living? (38)Where does your spouse Work? (39)How much does your spouse make P/Yr? (40) What do you do for a living and what does your job entails? (41)How much money do you make P/Yr? (42)What is the address of place of employment? (43)Do you send her money? (44)How do you send the money to her ?(45) Do she send money to you? (46)How do she send the money to you? (47)Did your spouse visited you? (48)How many times you think your spouse visited you? (49)Where are some of the places you go when your spouse visits you? (50) Have you ever applied for a Canadian visa or been rejected for a Canadian visa? (51)When did you applied for the Visa? (52)Have you ever lived in any other country other than your country? (53)Where are (address)you going to live if granted P/R to Canada? (54)What type of work are you going to seek when you go to Canada? (55)Did you check the job market in Canada? (56) How did you check the job market? (57)what type of educational background do you have? (58)Would you say that your spouse education is comparable to yours? (59)Are you going to attend school and further you education? (60) If I deny this application what are you going to do?(The officer would like to you to respond by saying that I would appeal this denial and if possible have my wife return to country where I reside to live with me). Now bear in mind that all the questions posed here may not be in sequence. There may be additional questions but I believe these are the make or break questions.

P.S. Do not worry about all that fancy folders they are going to have you remove all of your documents and place them in a big clear zip lock plastic bag.

With God all things are Possible

Report to moderator Logged

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
KDS said:
thank you so much gehtrew :)
Lol It was I needhimback who sent you the above information regarding the inteview questions.
What I said in the post was for you to read the information gehtrew had Mentioned in her
Post couple of months back ........ so I copied her post and sent it to you.

There are also more questions to what gehtrew has there. I did say I was going to send it to you but I was waiting on your reply. If you go up a page you would see what I said to you after you posted you needed help .

KDS

Jan 11, 2010
Lol It was I needhimback who sent you the above information regarding the inteview questions.
What I said in the post was for you to read the information gehtrew had Mentioned in her
Post couple of months back ........ so I copied her post and sent it to you.

There are also more questions to what gehtrew has there. I did say I was going to send it to you but I was waiting on your reply. If you go up a page you would see what I said to you after you posted you needed help .

Oophs sorry for the confusion....lol, waiting on candianinainlove to share some of her experience at the interview. Can you post some additional questions if possible :)

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
Morning!

Our application is on its way to Mississauga.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Hoping for a confirmation of receipt in early December.

Hope you have a happy Monday :)

tyrowilli

May 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
PORT OF SPAIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th December 2014
AOR Received.
25th February 2015
File Transfer...
26th February 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6th May 2015....Submitted 19th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
5th June 2015
LANDED..........
Plan for December 2015
Can baby said:
I know. I can't believe it either! Time is flying by. Glad to hear hubby is working. My hubby's biggest concern is that he won't find work. I have a feeling he'll get through early next year. I'm so glad he'll be here for Christmas.
mayne im just like ur huddy....i cant shake this whole job thing...im really excited abt being with wifey and also its nice not to spend all my life in one place.....i have a really good job...mayne !

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
good afternoon all! I wanted to share my experience with you all.

I met my husband on line. I feel with love with him immediately. He was married when I met him but was unhappy. He was just recently married and had moved to the US. I know probably not a great morale decision and trust me he and I have paid our dues.
Our red flags were:
We met on line
He was married February 2014 and divorced in October 2014 - we married November 2014
He came to visit me in Canada in July 2014 and was turned around upon landing in Toronto and sent back to the US
We knew each other for less than 2 years

So we knew going into this we were going to fight an uphill battle.

We were asked to go for interview on October 29th.

My husband and I both went to the Visa Office in Trinidad (although he was temporary in the US his file had gone to Trinidad). Our interview was at 8am. We go there at 7:45am. We handed in additional evidence that we brought with us.
300 pictures
150 pages of facebook chat
joint bank accounts in Canada and Trinidad
support that I sent to him husband

My husband asked if I could join for the interview and he was told no.
So into the interview he went.
It was awful. He was in the interview for an hour and 45 minutes.
the IO asked the standard questions.
How did you met your wife? Who was at your wedding? Tell me about her family? Has your wife met your family? and so on...
Because he was married and divorced in one year in the US she kept asking him about why he got divorced and married in one year?
How do I know you won't leave your wife? you seem to be the type of person that is looking for PR cards everywhere...
She grilled him!

What I can tell you his answers were consistent. He didn't lie he was honest. If he didn't know an answer he said I don't know.
He would say is that I can tell you that I love my wife.

He asked if he could ask questions after the interview. She said no and left the room.

Well we went back to his parent's house feeling defeated. We figured that we were going to be denied and were expecting to hear in a couple of months that we were rejected.
We prayed and asked God to provide us direction.

Imagine how surprised we were when we were called the 30th at 9:00am to come back to the visa office and my husband to bring his passport.
We went down to the visa office and he handed in his passport and we were told to wait.
30 mins later he had his visa in his passport.

He and I both flew back to Toronto. He and I both went in to the immigration officer with his landing paperwork. We were asked may 5 questions and my husband was told "welcome to Canada"!
To add to our joy - last night I did a pregnancy test and it was positive last night!!!!

So have faith. We had so many red flags and figured that this was going to be years and years in the making. With God all things are possible. Pray and pray hard. Be honest.

KDS

Jan 11, 2010
congradulations canadaininlove!!!!!!!! im so happy for u and hubby.

My hubby has his interview the first week in december, i worried because he cannot read and write properly and i didnt mention this in the application form, and im not sure they will let me go in the room with him :(. I dont have any facebook clippings, skype or email to show that we are communicating. i do have some additional pictures that i will be taking though.

God is GR8, everything is in his hands now.

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
Canadianinlove said:

I met my husband on line. I feel with love with him immediately. He was married when I met him but was unhappy. He was just recently married and had moved to the US. I know probably not a great morale decision and trust me he and I have paid our dues.
Our red flags were:
We met on line
He was married February 2014 and divorced in October 2014 - we married November 2014
He came to visit me in Canada in July 2014 and was turned around upon landing in Toronto and sent back to the US

My husband and I both went to the Visa Office in Trinidad (although he was temporary in the US his file had gone to Trinidad). Our interview was at 8am. We go there at 7:45am. We handed in additional evidence that we brought with us.
300 pictures

How did you met your wife? Who was at your wedding? Tell me about her family? Has your wife met your family? and so on...
Because he was married and divorced in one year in the US she kept asking him about why he got divorced and married in one year?
How do I know you won't leave your wife? you seem to be the type of person that is looking for PR cards everywhere...
She grilled him!

What I can tell you his answers were consistent. He didn't lie he was honest. If he didn't know an answer he said I don't know.

He asked if he could ask questions after the interview. She said no and left the room.

Well we went back to his parent's house feeling defeated. We figured that we were going to be denied and were expecting to hear in a couple of months that we were rejected.

Imagine how surprised we were when we were called the 30th at 9:00am to come back to the visa office and my husband to bring his passport.
We went down to the visa office and he handed in his passport and we were told to wait.

He and I both flew back to Toronto. He and I both went in to the immigration officer with his landing paperwork. We were asked may 5 questions and my husband was told "welcome to Canada"!
To add to our joy - last night I did a pregnancy test and it was positive last night!!!!

So have faith. We had so many red flags and figured that this was going to be years and years in the making. With God all things are possible. Pray and pray hard. Be honest.
I am extremley happy for you
And can only imagine what your husband went through - these people make me sick !!!!
I'm just glad its over for you and your husband and now you can put all this immigration nightmare behind you and move on with your life
Also congrats on your second great new - you guys are having a baby weeeeeeeee
God is good !!

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
KDS said:
congradulations canadaininlove!!!!!!!! im so happy for u and hubby.

My hubby has his interview the first week in december, i worried because he cannot read and write properly and i didnt mention this in the application form, and im not sure they will let me go in the room with him :(. I dont have any facebook clippings, skype or email to show that we are communicating. i do have some additional pictures that i will be taking though.

God is GR8, everything is in his hands now.
Hi there - I send you a personal message...... Check your inbox please

mrs.trini

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-07-2015 / Sent: 13-07-2015 / Received: 14-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-07-2015 and sent from POS / Visa In Hand : 31-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-08-2015
Canadianinlove said:

Our red flags were:
We met on line

300 pictures

She grilled him!

Congrats to you girl !
Through prayer dreams come true in a blink of an eye and especially when you least expect it.
Finally we both have our Husbands with us in Caledon now lol.

mrs.trini

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-07-2015 / Sent: 13-07-2015 / Received: 14-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-07-2015 and sent from POS / Visa In Hand : 31-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-08-2015
Can baby said:
I know. I can't believe it either! Time is flying by. Glad to hear hubby is working. My hubby's biggest concern is that he won't find work. I have a feeling he'll get through early next year. I'm so glad he'll be here for Christmas.
Don't stress ! Everything will fall into place just as this did :) He will definitely get a job.
Soon he will be here, so excited for you !

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Don't worry about him getting a job there are plenty here in Canada.
I am actually a Corporate Recruiter and have been hiring people in the Toronto area for over 20 years. If he is willing to work there will be jobs for him.
:)

Best of luck

Can baby said:

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
Anxiouswifey said:
Morning!

Our application is on its way to Mississauga.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Hoping for a confirmation of receipt in early December.

Hope you have a happy Monday :)
Welcome Anixiouswifey to the immigration process

There is also a thread you can watch for all the November 2015 spousal applications (Outland)

And if you applied in Novemeber 2015 I don't think you will receive AOR in early Decemeber, there are applicants for September 2015 who are still waiting for their SA and AOR . You should check out their timelines (you will not be at your 60 day mark from the time you put in your application , your 60'day mark is January 2015) and CIC is now working on Application received in early September 2015 .....,..

welcome to the waiting game

Good luck wishing you all the best ( I'm a month in front of you)