Med's Request
Up Front Medical
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
March 11th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 24th 2015
Finally someone is on the same level as me. POS told me they keep passport up to days before COPRS expire. Let's hope we get back our PP soon. When did you apply? My application was done October 16th 2014

OneLoveTwoHearts

Feb 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 30, 2014
AOR Received.
Sept-2014
File Transfer...
Sept-2014
Med's Request
Sept-2014
Med's Done....
Oct-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 2014 Passport Sent....: Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2015
LANDED..........
April 12, 2015
Hey all, just an update. I did not receive an email response from POS so won't even bother them. We have decided to finally sit back, relax and wait. Hopefully from other forums I noticed the end of the year is March 31, so POS MIGHT send some passports back next week and move forward with more cases too. Fingers crossed!

Lovergirl1215

Mar 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 16th 2014
AOR Received.
January 3rd 2015
File Transfer...
January 7th 2015
Med's Request
Up Front Medical
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
March 11th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 24th 2015
Where did you read that hun?

Ravi Ryder

Feb 20, 2015
Hi all well POS send back my wife passport today just checking tracking and wife will have to attend a interview in may well nothing else we can do i dont really undertand all this now cause they request passport i was thinking they do that to issue visa they had it 8 weeks and only after i send email to request status they reply and say she will need to attend interview one thing i can tell every one if you sending email please dont be the sponsored person sending it get the sponsor to send them email and you wll get a faster response if sponsor send email they does treat they sponsored person like crap and talk to them anyone any sponsored person send email they will think they trying to find out status like it fake realtionship and ask interview cause it make no sense at all why they request interview now for us and please dont send them rude email these visa officers make they own decsion it dont get review by another visa office or manager like t make the final decsion so if u be rude they will just make u life hell and as i mention before on this forum they have something against guyanese application trust me i give them every thing or only thing i can think about these does randomly select appl for interview to show as stats as auditing to government of canada well i will go with my wife and f*** them up i will get media invovled hire best lawayers and mp i will not give up i will not settle with out my wife getting visa am citizen of canada i pay taxes i will do everything in my power and go to the immgration misinter via the canada ombudsman to make a independent inquiree or i will appeal all decsion they make and go court and file lawsuit am at the point that i feel am victim and i dont care i spend all my money behind this my wife is worth every thing to me

OneLoveTwoHearts

Feb 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 30, 2014
AOR Received.
Sept-2014
File Transfer...
Sept-2014
Med's Request
Sept-2014
Med's Done....
Oct-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 2014 Passport Sent....: Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2015
LANDED..........
April 12, 2015
Lovergirl1215 said:
Where did you read that hun?
If you go to the CIC webpage, look up their publications and reports. They all state the fiscal year ends March 31. There is a quota that needs to be met before then. Good news is if it's not met yet, more PP might be issued, but bad news is if it has been met we all need to wait from April 1.

CIC webpage has a lot of info on there, @Ravi, you may want to go there and find out about appeal processes. I believe you might find something handy there to help with your case.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Ravi Ryder said:
Hi all well POS send back my wife passport today just checking tracking and wife will have to attend a interview in may well nothing else we can do i dont really undertand all this now cause they request passport i was thinking they do that to issue visa they had it 8 weeks and only after i send email to request status they reply and say she will need to attend interview one thing i can tell every one if you sending email please dont be the sponsored person sending it get the sponsor to send them email and you wll get a faster response if sponsor send email they does treat they sponsored person like crap and talk to them anyone any sponsored person send email they will think they trying to find out status like it fake realtionship and ask interview cause it make no sense at all why they request interview now for us and please dont send them rude email these visa officers make they own decsion it dont get review by another visa office or manager like t make the final decsion so if u be rude they will just make u life hell and as i mention before on this forum they have something against guyanese application trust me i give them every thing or only thing i can think about these does randomly select appl for interview to show as stats as auditing to government of canada well i will go with my wife and f*** them up i will get media invovled hire best lawayers and mp i will not give up i will not settle with out my wife getting visa am citizen of canada i pay taxes i will do everything in my power and go to the immgration misinter via the canada ombudsman to make a independent inquiree or i will appeal all decsion they make and go court and file lawsuit am at the point that i feel am victim and i dont care i spend all my money behind this my wife is worth every thing to me
The Visa Office does not hold any bias toward any application that's being processed. The job of the officer reviewing the application is to ensure the sponsored application meets all the eligibility requirements under the IRB Act as defined in the category s/he is being sponsored to enter Canada. After thorough reviewing of the application and supporting documents, an informal decision is made depending on how well you put together the supporting documents to prove your relationship. Many people could compile a box of evidence to send with their application but in the end it is how the evidence was put together to prove the relationship. For example, 200 wedding pictures from your wedding two summers ago will do no justice over 200 pictures compiling events or time spent together over a 5 year period.

I don't think either party sending an email will trigger the sponsored applicant being called in for an interview or looked down upon by the Visa Office. From my experience, everyone is treated fairly and with common respect. The VO does not have anything against Guyanese applications. However, sometimes the processing times can vary from country to country in the same region due to the Canada-International relationship the Government of Canada has with that specific country. Contrary,the mere fact is and I believe, most people that go through this process see the big picture of the process and tend to focus less on the minor details that could make a huge difference in the way the application is processed. Again, it all boils down to the supporting documentation. Having a child in the relationship does not suffice or grant a golden ticket for the visa to be issued faster. Also, when it comes to Family Class sponsorship Visa Offices look at the statistics of the country the sponsored application is residing in and do a comparison between the GDP, number of migrants yearly, economical status, etc., to better understand why people are migrating or fleeing from the country. This in hand will raise a bit of concern and perhaps influence the office to pay closer attention to any immigration applications coming from that country to ensure it is legitimate in order to prevent fraud. The Government of Canada is very serious about FRAUD. Reflect on the number of drug trafficking activities between Guyana and North America within the last year. Don't you think this could possibly raise red flags for Guyanese people wanting to migrate from Guyana to North America?

Lastly, getting the media involved will just make things worse and hiring the best lawyer will empty your bank account. Members of Parliament may be able to contact the office directly to do a full enquiry but this can be challenging and create more mess. All your thoughts about getting back at the VO will fail you miserably and you can be a citizen of Canada and the World, do your yearly taxes and follow the laws, but you will not be given preference over others. Ordering CAIPS notes may be of use as it reflects on any activities carried out in your application throughout processing. You just need to relax and let the application go through its NORMAL processing.

Sometimes life may seem unfair to you the way your application is being processed. The person that submitted their application 5 months after you is probably being processed faster than your application. Remember, each application is different but they're all treated the same way to some effect. Patience will win you over in end.

Ravi Ryder

Feb 20, 2015
I get you ppl point get mines Most ppl get a request for interview for the get ppr why the hell if they have doubt and isssue ask to send passport in to them appl in final statge for pr and then after keep it 8 weeks dont say anything until i send email asking then they reply with saying required interview it common sense think about it ppl send money to send pp to the they have to review your case to see you meet all criteria then they request pp to issue visa thats what they ask it for rite i dont understand they would have review our complete appliction to make decsion to send passport to them how is it they had it for 8 weeks plus did not say anything only since i send email they reply asking interview this is not correct somethig wrong it does not make sense at all so u saying visa office issue ppr and then go read file and find doubt sned back passport and request interview thats backwards to me if any thing they have doubt and issue request interview and if they happy request passport after to issue ppl need to understand this is back wards ppl dont know i never see they request passport and then send back passport and request interview wtf will the passort tell them that they did not have they ask for ppr to final appl and issue visa not to ask for ppr and then go review file and see if anything missing and so they would ask u send all missing info and so before or along with ppr. MY POINT IS WHY THE HELL AS FOR PASSPORT YOU GET IS KEEP IT 8 WEEKS PLUS THEN REPONSE MY EMAIL WHEN I TRY TO FIND OUT WHY TAKING LONG AND SAY A INTERVIEW IS REQUIRED

chief3rd

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
Doc's Request.
25-10-2012
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
Med's Request
29-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
CPR 31-05-2013
LANDED..........
09-06-2013
Lovergirl1215 said:
Finally someone is on the same level as me. POS told me they keep passport up to days before COPRS expire. Let's hope we get back our PP soon. When did you apply? My application was done October 16th 2014
My Timeline is for reference to anyone so far is:

Category.....................: FAM
Visa Office...................: Port Of Spain
App. Filed....................: 12th Nov 2014
App. Received..............: 14th Nov 2014
AOR Received..............: 31st Jan 2015
Sponsorship Approval...: 15th Feb 2015
File Transfer................: 15th Feb 2015
AOR2 From POS ..........: 24th Feb 2015
Passport Req...............: 20th March 2015

Lovergirl1215

Mar 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 16th 2014
AOR Received.
January 3rd 2015
File Transfer...
January 7th 2015
Med's Request
Up Front Medical
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
March 11th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 24th 2015
Mine is almost exact but mine was files October 2014. I got my AOR2 March 9th and PP request March 11th. My Ecas has under PR

1. Application received
2. Application started process March 7th
3 medical received

What does yours say?

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Ravi Ryder said:
I get you ppl point get mines Most ppl get a request for interview for the get ppr why the hell if they have doubt and isssue ask to send passport in to them appl in final statge for pr and then after keep it 8 weeks dont say anything until i send email asking then they reply with saying required interview it common sense think about it ppl send money to send pp to the they have to review your case to see you meet all criteria then they request pp to issue visa thats what they ask it for rite i dont understand they would have review our complete appliction to make decsion to send passport to them how is it they had it for 8 weeks plus did not say anything only since i send email they reply asking interview this is not correct somethig wrong it does not make sense at all so u saying visa office issue ppr and then go read file and find doubt sned back passport and request interview thats backwards to me if any thing they have doubt and issue request interview and if they happy request passport after to issue ppl need to understand this is back wards ppl dont know i never see they request passport and then send back passport and request interview wtf will the passort tell them that they did not have they ask for ppr to final appl and issue visa not to ask for ppr and then go review file and see if anything missing and so they would ask u send all missing info and so before or along with ppr. MY POINT IS WHY THE HELL AS FOR PASSPORT YOU GET IS KEEP IT 8 WEEKS PLUS THEN REPONSE MY EMAIL WHEN I TRY TO FIND OUT WHY TAKING LONG AND SAY A INTERVIEW IS REQUIRED
Ravi, please see my PM to you.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
chief3rd said:
My Timeline is for reference to anyone so far is:

Category.....................: FAM
Visa Office...................: Port Of Spain
App. Filed....................: 12th Nov 2014
App. Received..............: 14th Nov 2014
AOR Received..............: 31st Jan 2015
Sponsorship Approval...: 15th Feb 2015
File Transfer................: 15th Feb 2015
AOR2 From POS ..........: 24th Feb 2015
Passport Req...............: 20th March 2015
Congrats on PPR!!! You were blessed with a fast process :). I wish POS would be more consistent for everyone.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mizzdanish said:
Were going on 18 months now... Has anyone else heard of pos taking this long! This is getting ridiculous now
Sorry to hear this mizzdanish :( So frustrating.........

Based on what I have seen over the past 2 years (keeping in mind that those of us on the forum only represent a fraction of the files processed through the POS VO) only you and Can-Vinc have probably taken this long. The spreadsheet will tell you. And in Can-Vinc's case they had her husband's passport after the interview for a few months before letting them know he was approved and I am not sure if they ever found out why his passport was held for so long. Guyanese24 mentioned in her post that this can happen if POS is still doing (or waiting on) certain checks.

Have you been in touch with POS or your MP? Or have you ordered your GCMS notes to see what might be happening? It does seem very unfair when other apps are going through more quickly and if it was me I would want some answers too. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Will-i-am said:
Hello Everybody, im new here and i have been reading some these crazy stories abt this process, just think i should post my application process so far.info i got via email from visa office in Canada. im from Guyana and my wife is PR in Canada.so this is what they sent her.

We received your application to sponsor on December 4, 2014.

We started processing your application on February 25, 2015.

We sent you a letter on February 25, 2015 about the decision(Sponsorship Approved!!!!) on your application.

the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing. February 26, 2015.

Now its off to T.T and from what i read in this forum im not expecting much if any updates from them, guess my ecas will have to do for the rest. Do they even let you know if they av receive ur app????????
Welcome to the forum and POS thread Will-i-am. Congrats on the SA :D and yes now the waiting begins. According to CIC service standards...ahem....the applicant is "supposed to" receive an acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) from the overseas visa office, in this case POS, within 90 days of them receiving the applicant's part of the file.

However, the reality is that some people get this and some do not. If you have not received this AOR after the 90 days is up then send POS an e-mail stating that it is your understanding of the CIC service standards that you would receive an AOR within this time frame. One of 2 things will happen if you do this. They will either reply to your e-mail confirming your app. has been received and if they do this the e-mail then becomes your unofficial AOR.

Or.....they will not reply to your e-mail directly but it will prompt them to send an official AOR a week or "few" after getting your "friendly reminder". Always be polite or they will ignore your e-mails. Blessings for a speedy process.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
guyanese24 said:
HI all so here goes our landing story. This is hubby here and I will give a brief description on my experience. So the flight was very smooth coming from Guyana to Trinidad to Canada. I tried to sleep while flying but could not since I was calm but still full with excitement within...... Flight touched at Pearson Intl and here I am on Canada's ground for the first time...... Went through customs without any questions being asked and straight to immigration. I must admit I was still calm but was still expecting a speed bump somewhere along the line. So I am at immigration and the female officer asked 4 questions. Who sponsored you, what's your address, what's your telephone # and how many dependants do I have. After answering her It was Welcome to Canada. I spent about 5 mins with immigration and that was the smoothest flight and interview process ever. So as I was heading out of the terminal I say lights flashing into my eyes and guess who it was......... WIFEY lol. Then and only then did I break into a smile as I was greeted with a big hug, kisses and flowers oh not forgetting a jacket for the cold.
Hi all wife here so as the day began I was already running late with everything. Even though I knew I was ahead of time it felt like I was rushing. I was tracking his flight before it even left Guyana and kept checking for updates. So as I arrived at the airport and anxiously / patiently waiting for hubby as my phone was blowing up with numerous messages from so many friends and family asking IS HE HERE IS HE HERE? I kept trying to give everyone an update but was just praying that they don't ask him much questions and just send him out. After about 30mins wait there comes my tall dark and handsome chocolate. Lol as I flashed some pix of him to send as confirmation that he's here. We hugged kissed and journeyed home where I had a welcome to Canada cake waiting for him along with family to greet him. Thus far the transition has been going smoothly and we will be looking after all necessary documentation during the week. After knowing each other for 19years plus and being together for 3 year we are very happy to start this journey in our life. It just feels so amazing that hubby is not here on a vacation and is here permanently. Thanks to all who have made this process so easy during our times of trials even though we know our processing time was fast compared to other. Cantrini,meljam, b, you all are awesome, I wish if I could mention all the names of everyone but you all know yourselves. Just know that we will be here to assist anyone with questions and those waiting “we will continue to add you to our prayers” NOTHING BUT LOVE AND SUPPORT....MR & MRS. H (aka Guyanese 24)
Welcome to Canada Mr. H (aka Mr. G24) ;D :D!!! Sorry I did not reply to this landing story sooner but I read it and must have thought I replied :p.......

Congrats Mrs. H (aka Mrs. G24) and thanks to each of you for sharing the love and the sweet story from both perspectives. It is a wonderful time in your lives so enjoy being together and facing the new journey ahead...together. ;) I always remember the relief at finally knowing we would not have to deal with immigration anymore and when we fight/vex now we can hug it out in person...lol!!! Many blessings and thanks Mrs. H. for coming back to pay it forward by helping others.

WifeOfGrenadian

Sep 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
18-01-2015
File Transfer...
29-01-2015 AOR2 Received:12-02-2015
CdnandTrini said:
Sorry to hear this mizzdanish :( So frustrating.........

Based on what I have seen over the past 2 years (keeping in mind that those of us on the forum only represent a fraction of the files processed through the POS VO) only you and Can-Vinc have probably taken this long. The spreadsheet will tell you. And in Can-Vinc's case they had her husband's passport after the interview for a few months before letting them know he was approved and I am not sure if they ever found out why his passport was held for so long. Guyanese24 mentioned in her post that this can happen if POS is still doing (or waiting on) certain checks.

Have you been in touch with POS or your MP? Or have you ordered your GCMS notes to see what might be happening? It does seem very unfair when other apps are going through more quickly and if it was me I would want some answers too. Blessings.
Hi, I have been seeing people's messages speaking about their 'MP' and I cannot seem to find anywhere what that stands for?

Is there a link that I can read that explains more about GCMS?

Thank You