+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

keptis

Mar 1, 2015
HI,

I am new here. I got married recently. I am now looking into sponsoring my wife for permanent residency. I am presently downloading the documents and came upon this website while looking for forums on this subject of family class sponsorship. I would like someone to share their experience if they relatively new like me on the first stage or just put in their application.

Thanks.

my information
Landed in 2012. In Trinidad presently. My wife in Trinidad presently. Please explain how important is the Notice of Assessment to the process?

Ravi Ryder

Feb 20, 2015
Hi all it been more then 7 weeks now pos rcvd my wife and daughter passport do you think its a good idea to send them email asking for update will it delay it longer or would they even response any please reply if they had any experince with this thanks all

guyanese24

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014 (return as cic updated 2 forms) resummited -Sept 09th 2014- All fees were paid, medical,police check,skype,photos etc summited with app.
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2014- Sponsor Approved Letter
File Transfer...
Sept 09th 2014, Husband got email Nov 3rd,2014 from POS stating they have recieved his app.
Med's Request
Medical Recieved by POS Dec 2014-In Process Dec 11th 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
Dec-16-2014- Thank you God (CIC Receive passport dec 18th)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb -05-15, Passport in hand Feb 12th 2015
LANDED..........
Pending - March 07th 2015
Ravi Ryder said:
Hi all it been more then 7 weeks now pos rcvd my wife and daughter passport do you think its a good idea to send them email asking for update will it delay it longer or would they even response any please reply if they had any experince with this thanks all
Hi we had waited 8 weeks, I send email at week 7 and got a generic reply from POS. I did also reach out to my MP and she advised me that they can keep the passport for up to 12 keeps, however should it go pass the 12 weeks then the MP will get involved , I think you will get the passport back end of next week..but you can email them if you wish..... I know how hard this part is, but it will pay off in the end....

Ravi Ryder

Feb 20, 2015
another week done still no decsion will be 8 weeks on march 17 2015 since pos rcvd my wife and daughter passport still in process at this time i give up and helpless cant do anything no control over this well really sad right now will just wait till end of next week ans if still no decsion with go to my mp for help dats all i can do at this time feeling very sad cant even talk to my daughter keeps asking question when are we goin to see each other and be together my wife and i just tired at this point cause of this long process its putting a strain on my realtionship just sad and dont know what else i can do at this point i dont know if my application in queue since we send passport cause it been a long time now since jan 27 2015

OneLoveTwoHearts

Feb 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 30, 2014
AOR Received.
Sept-2014
File Transfer...
Sept-2014
Med's Request
Sept-2014
Med's Done....
Oct-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 2014 Passport Sent....: Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2015
LANDED..........
April 12, 2015
Ravi Ryder said:
another week done still no decsion will be 8 weeks on march 17 2015 since pos rcvd my wife and daughter passport still in process at this time i give up and helpless cant do anything no control over this well really sad right now will just wait till end of next week ans if still no decsion with go to my mp for help dats all i can do at this time feeling very sad cant even talk to my daughter keeps asking question when are we goin to see each other and be together my wife and i just tired at this point cause of this long process its putting a strain on my realtionship just sad and dont know what else i can do at this point i dont know if my application in queue since we send passport cause it been a long time now since jan 27 2015
@ Ravi Ryder, at this point in time, the most you can do is be patient and hope for the best. I am sure there is a reason for the delay. Just to be curious, let your wife or you go ahead and send POS an email asking about the status of their passports. I am sure they will respond with an answer and not some automated response. In the past I have asked a few questions and I did receive an email with good reasoning. Also, take note it did not delay my processing time either. Just like your family, I am waiting on my passport too. Waiting patiently and keeping strong.

Ravi Ryder

Feb 20, 2015
Hi all hope every doin well am still showing in process no decsion checked tracking # not found well still waiting and hoping it soon march 17 2015 will be 8 weeks since pos rcvd my wife and daughter passport. Hi all any one with same matter who send there passport around that time please reply me just want to know its just not me as i taught would normally take 4-8 weeks for them to return passport back any one with simlair time line when they send paspport please reply me with days pos rcvd your passport i keep check dhl tracking every day as i seen ppl say sometime they send back passport but status still shows in process but no luck now it goin to be 8 weeks do you think i should email or ask my mp to find out its just i was being patience for so long and now am getting fed up

Lovergirl1215

Mar 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 16th 2014
AOR Received.
January 3rd 2015
File Transfer...
January 7th 2015
Med's Request
Up Front Medical
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
March 11th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 24th 2015
I received passport request along with a request for two photographs. Can someone tell me what's happening? I sent it via DHL 12th March 2015 and they received it 13th March 2015. Please explain in details. My visa office is POS and it's in category spousal sponsorship.

chief3rd

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
Doc's Request.
25-10-2012
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
Med's Request
29-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
CPR 31-05-2013
LANDED..........
09-06-2013
Lovergirl1215 said:
I received passport request along with a request for two photographs. Can someone tell me what's happening? I sent it via DHL 12th March 2015 and they received it 13th March 2015. Please explain in details. My visa office is POS and it's in category spousal sponsorship.
Well I guess it's safe to say that you are in the final stages and will get your passport returned with a visa as well as a letter confirmation of permanent residency COPR in the coming weeks. Sometimes they ask for fresh photos but nothing out of the ordinary.

May I ask when u applied to get a sense of how long you have been waiting?

Lovergirl1215

Mar 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 16th 2014
AOR Received.
January 3rd 2015
File Transfer...
January 7th 2015
Med's Request
Up Front Medical
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
March 11th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 24th 2015
Yes we applied 16th October 2014

Ravi Ryder

Feb 20, 2015
today march 18 2015 is more then 8 weeks now since pos rcvd my wife and daughter passport still no updates i sent email to them today asking current status no one reply me email only rcvd comformation email was rcvd i guess sending them email request infomation is useless well will wait till friday march 20 2015 for response if none will get my mp involved pos shoud consider application with children involved on pirority basis cause children will be the most affected by this long pos like com on its been more then 8 weeks since you rcvd the passport does some there need to draw the damn visa one by one into passport dont understand why it taking so long plus the time the medical will expire is nearing and my wife and duaghter will need to land in canada before that date or they make have to redo medical more money more time waste i dont kno i fed up this process i should have find a gyal rite in canada and marry she then to live life god unhappy deh like wun mad man deh behind them

Lovergirl1215

Mar 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 16th 2014
AOR Received.
January 3rd 2015
File Transfer...
January 7th 2015
Med's Request
Up Front Medical
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
March 11th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 24th 2015
I'm so sorry about yoUr waiting. I know how it feels. This process can break up families.

OneLoveTwoHearts

Feb 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 30, 2014
AOR Received.
Sept-2014
File Transfer...
Sept-2014
Med's Request
Sept-2014
Med's Done....
Oct-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 2014 Passport Sent....: Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2015
LANDED..........
April 12, 2015
Hello everyone,

Has anyone received information from POS lately? Just curious because it looks like they have slowed down their processing time. According to the CIC webpage it now takes them 16 months for sponsorship. Already I know this wait is very annoying but I am trying to figure out what is causing this. Feedback anyone?

Faith2525

Sep 4, 2014
Hi POS family. It's been a while. Since my interview in August 2014, I've been waiting patiently. For those of you who missed out on my info( file was sent to POS in Sept 2013). So it's been 18 months. Well last week I got PPR finally and had to pay RPRF as well.

@ Ravi...... I understand your frustrations. We are all going through all this frustration, depression, sadness, madness! Hold on tight for you have reached the end of the process. I'm sure other members can't wait to be in your boat.
Question: did you pay right of permanent resident fees at the beginning of the process or were you asked to pay it when your Passport was requested?

For those of you who got PPR I say to you congrats!

Keeping the faith!

Ravi Ryder

Feb 20, 2015
HI Faith2525 thanks for your support i paid all fees when i first sent application to to cic Mississuga waiting now to se eif i get repsonse to my email i dont know and yeah your a right this process does break up family still trying to have faith lol your name is faith too hope it soon my daughter keeps asking me question when she will come canada and be with me she wanted to come make snowman but that past now weather getting warm

Faith2525

Sep 4, 2014
Hi Ravi , yes I'm faith! Without this I don't know where I would be. I'm sure you will get news this week. Hang in there, take a deep breath, good news is coming your way. At least your application wasn't rejected. Trust me, you need to be thankful at this point.

Take care and the best is yet to come. Everything comes at the right time too.