Med's Done....
04-04-2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011 (visa exempt, POS called)
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2012
I have not received an AOR as yet, but from reading the forum it can take up to three months so I have more waiting to go. I have no ecas updates stating if it was received at POS.

Admirable

Aug 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-02-2011
AOR Received.
24-01-2011 & 27-01-2012
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Request
08-03-2012 (2nd medical redo)
Med's Done....
06-06-2010 and 09-03-2012
Interview........
08-03-2012 Positive
Passport Req..
18-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2012
LANDED..........
June 2012
Hello Forum

This weekend went by so damn quick. Can't believe Monday is a couple hours away. Browsing thru the POS thread I came across this website. It would be great if everyone on this forum can take part in the polls for CIC-POS. The last audit was conducted in 2008. I submitted my response based on my personal experience. Here is the site http://www.immigrationmanuals.ca/CIC5.php

@ BajanWife Hoping you get that AOR in Dec. This office is sooo unpredictable at times.

Well here's to a week of updates coming from POS. The KGN threads are getting those updates and pprs . Come on POS! Reunite us with our families!

LD Waiting

Oct 24, 2011
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-2010
File Transfer...
21-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
12/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
23/01/2012
LANDED..........
03/02/2012
Happy Monday Everyone!

Well, here is to another week..... let's hope we hear some good news out of POS, last week was pretty quiet!

My e-cas is still missing my hubby's address, so im hoping they are looking into his case file, as his medicals have now expired and we will need to get new ones im sure :( .... well that will add on another couple months im sure! Why do they wait until the last minute to figure this out.....this is sooooo frustrating!!!! :mad:

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Admirable said:
Hello Forum

This weekend went by so damn quick. Can't believe Monday is a couple hours away. Browsing thru the POS thread I came across this website. It would be great if everyone on this forum can take part in the polls for CIC-POS. The last audit was conducted in 2008. I submitted my response based on my personal experience. Here is the site http://www.immigrationmanuals.ca/CIC5.php

@ BajanWife Hoping you get that AOR in Dec. This office is sooo unpredictable at times.

Well here's to a week of updates coming from POS. The KGN threads are getting those updates and pprs . Come on POS! Reunite us with our families!
I can definitely see why POS ranks #36 out of 44 posts

BajanWife

Sep 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2011
Doc's Request.
CSQ sent 28-09-2011, Approved 11-10-2011
AOR Received.
18-11-10
File Transfer...
16-09-2011
Med's Done....
04-04-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2012
Hi Everyone!!

LD Waiting, Can you do the medicals before they request it to reduce the waiting time?
My address is also missing. I hope its something positive.

LD Waiting

Oct 24, 2011
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-2010
File Transfer...
21-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
12/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
23/01/2012
LANDED..........
03/02/2012
Hi BajanWife,
Im not sure if he can go ahead and get them done or not......I dont want to go through the process and find out we missed something ... then have to repeat it all again....Guess we will just wait to hear something from them.

Hoenstly, I think our IO was fairly fast at asking for certain items that they needed, also my hubby needed a right to return to Canada form filled out and pay $400.00 which was done in September .....They asked for the RPRF which we also paid in September...but now the medical wait continues.....maybe we will get a letter this week asking for new medicals AND his PP, which would be the best case scenario'

From anyone else's exerience, of what POS is asking for.....is this all a good thing? Would they still deny us if they are asking for all this extra stuff? (RPRF, Right to Return to Canada fee, new criminal checks, and his daughter forgot to fill out one section on her paperwork)...all of this sent in September ... feedback would be great :)

BajanWife

Sep 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2011
Doc's Request.
CSQ sent 28-09-2011, Approved 11-10-2011
AOR Received.
18-11-10
File Transfer...
16-09-2011
Med's Done....
04-04-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2012
LD Waiting said:
Hi BajanWife,
Im not sure if he can go ahead and get them done or not......I dont want to go through the process and find out we missed something ... then have to repeat it all again....Guess we will just wait to hear something from them.

Hoenstly, I think our IO was fairly fast at asking for certain items that they needed, also my hubby needed a right to return to Canada form filled out and pay $400.00 which was done in September .....They asked for the RPRF which we also paid in September...but now the medical wait continues.....maybe we will get a letter this week asking for new medicals AND his PP, which would be the best case scenario'

From anyone else's exerience, of what POS is asking for.....is this all a good thing? Would they still deny us if they are asking for all this extra stuff? (RPRF, Right to Return to Canada fee, new criminal checks, and his daughter forgot to fill out one section on her paperwork)...all of this sent in September ... feedback would be great :)
You are near the end. Paying the RPPR and ARC fees takes 1-2 months. You should hear something sooon.

LD Waiting

Oct 24, 2011
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-2010
File Transfer...
21-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
12/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
23/01/2012
LANDED..........
03/02/2012
@BajanWife - Thanks, and fingers crossed!!!

Admirable

Aug 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-02-2011
AOR Received.
24-01-2011 & 27-01-2012
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
08-03-2012 Positive
Passport Req..
18-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2012
LANDED..........
June 2012
Greetings Forum

Hope the week started off well for everyone. Looking fwd to some updates this week. Just logged in to E-Cas.....Application for PR- NOT AVAILABLE. 7-8mths now since my file has been in POS.

@ Saka101 Yuup! POS is a slow office. 36 out of 44 is not a good look.

@ LD Waiting The fact that they requested these things is always a good sign.

@ LD Waiting & BajanWife I was wondering the same things with medical redos. Should we wait for the request or take the initiative and redo them ourselves? I wish I were in Trinidad to ask the office what would be the best alternative as I'm unsure how POS handles medical redos. I was told you have to wait for the request...yet I know it saves time to redo them on our own.

I read the news on conditional visas for spousal sponsorship and the super visas for parents and grandparents. So many changes taking place. When are they going to address the issue of extremely lengthy processing times? Ay ya yaiiiii......

Nevertheless, Let's keep it moving POS......
Blessed week to all!!!!! :-*

LD Waiting

Oct 24, 2011
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-2010
File Transfer...
21-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
12/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
23/01/2012
LANDED..........
03/02/2012
@admirable, I think you should wait until you hear from them to redo the medicals.... Don't worry they will ask us soon I'm sure of it! Even if u were in Trinidad, u couldnt do anything in the office anyways, just a guard standing at the door, they don't answer any questions

Come on POS.... Neeexxxxxtttt!!!

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Hey Forum,

I see a lot has been happening in here lately. Great job for keeping everyone updated.

I have heard that POS is going through some sort of hell (they deserve it) with being under serious investigation. Word of mouth has it that VOs and staff are being closely monitored because of fake Canadian Visas being issued and stirring around.

From experience, @ LD I think you shouldn't worry and just wait out the process. Requesting those fees and asking for ARC are usually a good sign. My ARC took about 2 months to process. Just keep on track with what they are doing. PPR will come in due time. If the meds expire it may take longer, about 2-3 months extra but I would get cracking with my MP for them to make serious enquiries.

re: PPR and getting it back. There is always a huge backlog in PP being sent to POS for various reasons under each class of Visa Applications. They are picked up and process on a first come, first serve basis. However, if it's a case of urgency they can pull your PP out from the backlog and give it priority processing. Urgency arises when your meds is close to being expired and you have being waiting for over 2 years to be approved, like my application with 2 medicals already being submitted.

Hope this helps.

LD Waiting

Oct 24, 2011
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-2010
File Transfer...
21-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
12/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
23/01/2012
LANDED..........
03/02/2012
Thanks Confused for your comments, greatly appreciated!!......Ill just sit back and wait.......and wait .... and wait lol. Everything will be done shortly Im sure :)
There is not much I can do, it feels like dealing with immigration is being silenced and hands tied.....this is not what Canada is about!

snilespg2

Oct 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All,

I have been a silent observer of this forum and I would like to contribute my timeline if it would help. First off I want to Thank Spirity Trac and Cruises for responding to me when I posted several months back when I inquired. I truly feel each we all have each other's best interest so I will provide my update and hope someone can gleam information from it.

I will be brief with the personal details and highlight the pertinent points:

My husband and I married in March of this year. I too am Bajan (aka local foreigner :) and my husband is from Trinidad. I didn't want to have any issues with his paperwork so i did the process through an attorney which was recommended through this forum.

We did all medicals and police checks prior to submitting any paper work. We also paid the fees up front(I didn't want to be financially burden whereas they request the fees and then we had to be gathering money). Time can be your benefactor or your worse enemy so we decided to take our time and send in a fully completed file than to be waiting through out the process. So we took 3 months gathering everything we could.
My file was sent to CPC-Miss on Jun 18, 2011, received my approval to Sponsor on Aug 15th. File was forwarded to POS. On Nov 2 (last Wednesday to be exact) Immigration in POS called my husband to confirm his address and to tell him an email was going to be sent, along with a letter to his attorney. The email was sent 1/2 hr after the phone call requesting his passport and information about his height and eye color also that he must land in Canada before May of 2012 when his medicals expire. He took his passport in yesterday and they said it will be returned in 2-4wks. So total time it took was 3 months to gather and do everything correctly and 5 months to go through POS. I would advise anyone not to rush and submit half-a$$ files. This is your life and you don't want to be now stuck in the proverbial "sewage line".

Admirable

Aug 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-02-2011
AOR Received.
24-01-2011 & 27-01-2012
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
08-03-2012 Positive
Passport Req..
18-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2012
LANDED..........
June 2012
Hey Everyone,

Another day...& yesssss some updates!

Congrats @ snilespg2 on the speedy process. Just an update: You mentioned Spiritrac. He passed away in Sept. His son broke us the news here on the forum. May his soul R.I.P.

@ LD Waiting Well that's all we can do....wait wait wait. I really thought the office was open to the public a few hours Mondays thru Thursdays. I'm sure I saw this on the website.

@ Confused Hope all is well with you. It's great that you always check in from time to time.

Everyone else....What's going on???? A hello will be greatly appreciated. It's too quiet in here sometimes....actually a lot! Wake up POS!! ***knocking pots and pans***

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
snilespg2 said:
All,

I have been a silent observer of this forum and I would like to contribute my timeline if it would help. First off I want to Thank Spirity Trac and Cruises for responding to me when I posted several months back when I inquired. I truly feel each we all have each other's best interest so I will provide my update and hope someone can gleam information from it.

I will be brief with the personal details and highlight the pertinent points:

My husband and I married in March of this year. I too am Bajan (aka local foreigner :) and my husband is from Trinidad. I didn't want to have any issues with his paperwork so i did the process through an attorney which was recommended through this forum.

We did all medicals and police checks prior to submitting any paper work. We also paid the fees up front(I didn't want to be financially burden whereas they request the fees and then we had to be gathering money). Time can be your benefactor or your worse enemy so we decided to take our time and send in a fully completed file than to be waiting through out the process. So we took 3 months gathering everything we could.
My file was sent to CPC-Miss on Jun 18, 2011, received my approval to Sponsor on Aug 15th. File was forwarded to POS. On Nov 2 (last Wednesday to be exact) Immigration in POS called my husband to confirm his address and to tell him an email was going to be sent, along with a letter to his attorney. The email was sent 1/2 hr after the phone call requesting his passport and information about his height and eye color also that he must land in Canada before May of 2012 when his medicals expire. He took his passport in yesterday and they said it will be returned in 2-4wks. So total time it took was 3 months to gather and do everything correctly and 5 months to go through POS. I would advise anyone not to rush and submit half-a$$ files. This is your life and you don't want to be now stuck in the proverbial "sewage line".
Wow Congrats on your speedy process!

@ Admirable Hellooooo!! lol...Hope all is well.....