+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

S

sunil chan

when was the last time anyone from guyana got thru and how long did it take answer would greatly be appreciated

Admirable

Aug 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-02-2011
AOR Received.
24-01-2011 & 27-01-2012
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Request
08-03-2012 (2nd medical redo)
Med's Done....
06-06-2010 and 09-03-2012
Interview........
08-03-2012 Positive
Passport Req..
18-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2012
LANDED..........
June 2012
Hi Saka . I'm alright for the time being. Just browsing through the forum in my free time. How are you?

@SunilChan Search for the user brianguyana. Stressedwife is also another user. You can search for them through the members link (which is faster) or if you search through this forum you'll find them. I'm sure there are more folks but that's who I remember. Best of luck to you.

smokijoe

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PoS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
01-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not needed
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2012
LANDED..........
12/06/2012
Congrats Snilespg2. That was really quick and nice. Your timeline give us all hope that us too may have a speedy resolution.

Here's wishing you and hubby the best in your life together.

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Admirable said:
Hi Saka . I'm alright for the time being. Just browsing through the forum in my free time. How are you?

@ SunilChan Search for the user brianguyana. Stressedwife is also another user. You can search for them through the members link (which is faster) or if you search through this forum you'll find them. I'm sure there are more folks but that's who I remember. Best of luck to you.
I'm not too bad. Just reading and trying to get pointers for when my turn comes!! Hopefully alot more people join this forum and share their experiences with POS.

Hope you guys hear something soon

snilespg2

Oct 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smokijoe said:
Congrats Snilespg2. That was really quick and nice. Your timeline give us all hope that us too may have a speedy resolution.

Here's wishing you and hubby the best in your life together.
Thank you very much. And I would like to note that my case was not a straight forward one either. We just knew we had to be diligent and given the comments on POS if everything wasn't in order then the burden of a long wait with our family apart would of made it worse.
The paper work played a really important part as well. VERY important! I even reached out to extended family to send holiday cards etc. to aid with the paperwork. We got married alone in BEAUTIFUL Barbados but I posted my pics on one of those picture websites and had everyone I know post a comment. We met up in Barbados alot since flying to TNT is so expensive from here more importantly to spend time as a family but also to have stamps in our passport that we are trying to keep our connection together. I have to say that RedJet is a royal scam as we had to end up buying over tkts at the last minute because the flights just wont take off. Also used calling cards that tracked the phone calls between us so that I could show daily communications (skype is too personal in my opinion....our conversations may have to be censored hee hee). And finally pray over the sucess of your marriage and that paperwork to allow you together

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
snilespg2 said:
Thank you very much. And I would like to note that my case was not a straight forward one either. We just knew we had to be diligent and given the comments on POS if everything wasn't in order then the burden of a long wait with our family apart would of made it worse.
The paper work played a really important part as well. VERY important! I even reached out to extended family to send holiday cards etc. to aid with the paperwork. We got married alone in BEAUTIFUL Barbados but I posted my pics on one of those picture websites and had everyone I know post a comment. We met up in Barbados alot since flying to TNT is so expensive from here more importantly to spend time as a family but also to have stamps in our passport that we are trying to keep our connection together. I have to say that RedJet is a royal scam as we had to end up buying over tkts at the last minute because the flights just wont take off. Also used calling cards that tracked the phone calls between us so that I could show daily communications (skype is too personal in my opinion....our conversations may have to be censored hee hee). And finally pray over the sucess of your marriage and that paperwork to allow you together
How soon after receiving your PR did you marry (well re-marry) and start the sponsorship for your spouse?

sannkam

Jul 26, 2009
Hello all,
I got good news today, my daughter informed me she got a letter via email that she has met all the requirements for PR. They have requested her daughter's father ID verification and contact info also they have requested her passport and daughter's passport. they said it wil be 2 to 4 weeks for final decision.

Does it mean once they have requested passports they will be getting their visa?
Good news, hope everyone gets good news too soon.

Good Luck all!

Stressed wife

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
sunil chan said:
when was the last time anyone from guyana got thru and how long did it take answer would greatly be appreciated

I'M from guyana, and it's 2yrs and 8 mths, they refused my application sept 2011 , and i'm now appealing

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
Hi everyone!!

Great news Sniles on your quick process...certainly gives us all hope!! My husband and I are now officially in the waiting game...sent our application off today. We also took a few months putting it together and gathering every scrap of evidence we could find. I also arranged our application in sections and tabbed and labeled everything, hopefully by making it simple it will also be quick :)

Best of luck to us all, look forward to reading some more positive news on here!

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zouk Princesse said:
Hi everyone!!

Great news Sniles on your quick process...certainly gives us all hope!! My husband and I are now officially in the waiting game...sent our application off today. We also took a few months putting it together and gathering every scrap of evidence we could find. I also arranged our application in sections and tabbed and labeled everything, hopefully by making it simple it will also be quick :)

Best of luck to us all, look forward to reading some more positive news on here!
Good luck Zouk Princess

S

sunil chan

Stressed wife said:
I'M from guyana, and it's 2yrs and 8 mths, they refused my application sept 2011 , and i'm now appealing
why did they refuse your application stressed wife i hope u win your appeal i never knew it took so long from guyana

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012

snilespg2

Oct 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saka101 said:
How soon after receiving your PR did you marry (well re-marry) and start the sponsorship for your spouse?
Sorry I logged off, we got re-married about 6mths after I landed. we were divorce about 10 years prior. We didn't live together or had any ties together other than in the past. I did have to explain what circumstance (albeit unfortunate) bought us back together and jow we began dating again

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh okay thanks.
I plan to marry 1-2 months after landing...we'll see how that works out with POS.

snilespg2

Oct 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zouk Princesse said:
Hi everyone!!

Zouk, as I told my husband we were prepared for the long haul so I told him don't watch the clock. Well with the curfew and all just make sure he wasn't on the road after 11:) Are you the sponsor or husband. Keep the paper trail going don't stop gathering simply becuase the file is in\...you know the saying an ounce of prevention is worth a lb of questions (or something like that)