Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

snilespg2

Oct 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saka101 said:
Oh okay thanks.
I plan to marry 1-2 months after landing...we'll see how that works out with POS.
Are you currently dating but don't have enough time together to merit common law? That was our case we began dating again July of 2010 and I had already commited to leaving in Oct. I had no intention at the time to reconnect. But reality does set in when you are facing this journey. You don't want to lie to the officer. Obviously fiance isn't a category but 1-2 months may appear pre orchestrated or too soon. You wouldn't even have your PR card as yet in your hand

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
snilespg2 said:
Are you currently dating but don't have enough time together to merit common law? That was our case we began dating again July of 2010 and I had already commited to leaving in Oct. I had no intention at the time to reconnect. But reality does set in when you are facing this journey. You don't want to lie to the officer. Obviously fiance isn't a category but 1-2 months may appear pre orchestrated or too soon. You wouldn't even have your PR card as yet in your hand
We've been dating for 8 years now and he did apply for a TRV twice and they refused him. I guess we made a mistake by having me write him the invitation letter as his fiancee so its enough reason for him not to go back. So POS should have records of his TRV application and also invitation letter saying he is my fiancee so I hope they dont see it as orchestrated. We lived together prior to me coming to Canada but this does not qualify as common law.

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I should rephrase and say 1-2 months after receiving PR card. Technically you are a permanent resident as soon as u land and receive COPR (Confirmation of PR).

snilespg2

Oct 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saka101 said:
We've been dating for 8 years now and he did apply for a TRV twice and they refused him. I guess we made a mistake by having me write him the invitation letter as his fiancee so its enough reason for him not to go back. So POS should have records of his TRV application and also invitation letter saying he is my fiancee so I hope they dont see it as orchestrated. We lived together prior to me coming to Canada but this does not qualify as common law.
Awesome...put it all in your package and explain it in full detail. My husband was denied a visa request as well eventhough I was undergoing cancer screening (I even asked my oncologist to write a summary). they didn't believe he would leave (I guess I couldn't blame them, luckily it worked out for the best.) so I included his denial to visit in my package as well. In the package where they asked did we live together I did answer yes base on the time of our 1st marriage and I provided pictures of that time as well. in the event the requirement was to have reside together for a year...

snilespg2

Oct 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saka101 said:
I should rephrase and say 1-2 months after receiving PR card. Technically you are a permanent resident as soon as u land and receive COPR (Confirmation of PR).
Yes you are correct...research is key and it appears you've done your homework. I truly hope you have a speedy process as well.

Admirable

Aug 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-02-2011
AOR Received.
24-01-2011 & 27-01-2012
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Request
08-03-2012 (2nd medical redo)
Med's Done....
06-06-2010 and 09-03-2012
Interview........
08-03-2012 Positive
Passport Req..
18-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2012
LANDED..........
June 2012
Good Morning Forum

Happy Hump Day To All!

@ Saka 101 Yuup! You're definitely doiing your homework before you start this process. A huge plus!!!!

Big congrats to Sannkam!!

Loving all the updates coming from POS. Let's keep it goiing!!!

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
snilespg2 said:
Zouk, as I told my husband we were prepared for the long haul so I told him don't watch the clock. Well with the curfew and all just make sure he wasn't on the road after 11:) Are you the sponsor or husband. Keep the paper trail going don't stop gathering simply becuase the file is in\...you know the saying an ounce of prevention is worth a lb of questions (or something like that)
Sniles that's our attitude as well...prepare for the worst and hope n pray for the best. We feel good about our application but you just never know right! I'm Canadian and sponsoring my husband. Thanks for the advice to keep gathering documentation. Our communication is fairly easy to track, and facebook documents interaction with each other's families. We have a couple trips coming up, so that could help too (I hope! )

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
snilespg2 said:
Yes you are correct...research is key and it appears you've done your homework. I truly hope you have a speedy process as well.
Thank u! I hope I have a speedy process like u :)

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Admirable said:
Good Morning Forum

Happy Hump Day To All!

@ Saka 101 Yuup! You're definitely doiing your homework before you start this process. A huge plus!!!!

Big congrats to Sannkam!!

Loving all the updates coming from POS. Let's keep it goiing!!!
Mawning Admirable!

I am looking at your timeline....Am I seeing it correctly that you havent heard anything from POS since the file transferred there??

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
On a happy note...CIC has decreased the sponsor approval time from 70 to 68 days! It's small, but in the right direction :)

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yippee!! Hopefully it decreases to 30 odd days like it was before.

Zouk Princess are u from Dominica, St Lucia or Haiti??

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
:) guess the Zouk gives it away huh. I'm Canadian but my parents are from Dominica and I grew up there

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haha yes it did. Sending u a PM now.

Admirable

Aug 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-02-2011
AOR Received.
24-01-2011 & 27-01-2012
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Request
08-03-2012 (2nd medical redo)
Med's Done....
06-06-2010 and 09-03-2012
Interview........
08-03-2012 Positive
Passport Req..
18-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2012
LANDED..........
June 2012
Hey Everyone...i feel like I missed out....lolz. Conversation is flowing in the forum.

@ Saka I haven't heard anything from them. Hubby contacted his MP and he basically said wait cuz my file is within processing times....I plan on sending them another CSE in Dec. I have applied for new Police clearances so I'm just waiting until I have them all in hand. I will wait on medical request from POS though even if it means an extra mth or 2.

Keep the convo flowing peeps and the updates coming!!!

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Admirable said:
Hey Everyone...i feel like I missed out....lolz. Conversation is flowing in the forum.

@ Saka I haven't heard anything from them. Hubby contacted his MP and he basically said wait cuz my file is within processing times....I plan on sending them another CSE in Dec. I have applied for new Police clearances so I'm just waiting until I have them all in hand. I will wait on medical request from POS though even if it means an extra mth or 2.

Keep the convo flowing peeps and the updates coming!!!
LOL hopefully more peeps can come in and participate!

That is just crazy how they can go months without informing people on what is going on. I am still amazed at how places like India and China have 3-6 months processing time and POS takes more than 12 months!