+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance questions and concerns! please need answers....

petergriffin

Star Member
Mar 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Jan-2012
AOR Received.
01-Mar-2012.. sponsor appr. 02-Mar-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
12-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
16-august-2011
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
12-Mar-2012.. letter recieve 30-Mar-2012 sent 12-Apr-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-june-2012
LANDED..........
22-july-2012
Hi me and my husband living together here in Canada already time pass by so past its been almost 6 months since we got here,everything is so great for all of us :D....My questions is not for us but for our friend i just want to hear any of your opinions,my husband friend and my friend in the Philippines are married and now they are preparing their applications for their spousal visa. My question is,the sponsored applicant stayed several times in Malaysia, i asked her if its more than 6 months she said she is not sure and she did several exits to other country and back to Malaysia she said she stayed 5 months but not very sure she don't have her old passport so she can't remember how long it was,if she put it down in her application that she has been to Malaysia do they ask police clearance and other docs from Malaysia? If she don't write it down does embassy find that out even if its long time ago? Please help we need answers...Thank you very much, and good luck to everyone that is still on the journey to get their visa and wish to be with their love ones,God bless you all and hope everyone would have a happy ending :) :-*

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
If each stay was less than 6 months, you don't need a police certificate. She should definitely not lie on the application. She should list her visits to Malaysia. If she cannot remember the exact dates, just estimate, and indicate that these are estimates.
I would send in the application without the Malaysian police certificate if each stay was for less than 6 months. But keep in mind that the visa officer could ask for the police certificate anyway. There is a good chance the vo would not ask for it, so I would wait and submit one only if it is requested.
It seems to be taking people quite a long time to get Malaysian police certificates, so just in case the vo asks for one, I would apply for one now. She may never need it, however.

kelvintino

Feb 6, 2013
Hello everyone i am new in this forum, i am a student here in malaysia but originaly from Africa and i have applied for malaysia pcc for almst 1mnth now still waiting, so does anyone knw how long it will take to get the pcc??? Pls hlp me cos my studrnt visa is runing out...