+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance needed?

bkikram

Jul 16, 2021
Hello,

My husband's current passport (issued in 2018) shows that he has spent a total of 165 days in morrocco, and a lot longer in his previous, expired passport (within the last 10 years).

I would like to know if he needs a PCC from morocco in this case.

Please note, that he was also issued a PCC from another country with that mentions his expired passport number, and we plan to upload the bio page from it only.

Would the IRCC officers request all pages from his expired passport? This would reveal that he spent a long time in morocco in the last 10 years, and would definitely require a PCC.

We would prefer to not request a moroccan PCC as the process is long and complex.

Thanks.

bkikram

Jul 16, 2021
Hello,

My husband's current passport (issued in 2018) shows that he has spent a total of 165 days in morrocco, and a lot longer in his previous, expired passport (within the last 10 years).

I would like to know if he needs a PCC from morocco in this case.

Please note, that he was also issued a PCC from another country with that mentions his expired passport number, and we plan to upload the bio page from it only.

Would the IRCC officers request all pages from his expired passport? This would reveal that he spent a long time in morocco in the last 10 years, and would definitely require a PCC.

We would prefer to not request a moroccan PCC as the process is long and complex.

Thanks.
bump

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
You only need a PCC for countries in which you have spent more than 6 consecutive months in the last 10 years or since you turned 18. The system automatically tells you the PCC you need to provide based on the data you enter in your travel history or address history when you fill in the applicatio after receiving the invitation to apply.

As far as the passport is concerned, you only need to upload the current one : info page + all pages with stamps, visa. This being said, you would still have to disclose the travels done in Morocco with the previous passport in the travel history section.

Regarding the time it takes to obtain a PCC, if you cannot get the actual PCC by the time you need to submit your application, you can upload any other official documents proving that you have started the process (receipt of payment for service, official communication about delivery estimates, etc.). In most cases, IRCC will accept to wait until the PCC is available.

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
I believe you will be required to include passport bio pages for passport including expired ones. Also you will be required to include your travel history.
better apply PCC now and if not received by date you submit you can include letter of explanation and receipt evidencing you have made application. Once you receive PCc submit via webform

bkikram

Jul 16, 2021
I believe you will be required to include passport bio pages for passport including expired ones. Also you will be required to include your travel history.
better apply PCC now and if not received by date you submit you can include letter of explanation and receipt evidencing you have made application. Once you receive PCc submit via webform
Thank you for clarifying!