+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificates from Italy!!

MARJ339

Mar 2, 2020
Hello everyone,
I have lived in Trieste (not Rome) for the full 4 years. Where should I apply for Richiesta Certificato del Carichi Pendenti and (Certificato del casellario giudiziale – General Certificate )? Should I send both request together?

nicmel

Feb 27, 2020
I received a response from the Procura in Rome regarding this question, basically they told me that you can apply and receive the General certificate from any Procura (including Rome, which is somewhat convenient because it can be paid through international bank transfer), but the pending charges certificate you need to obtain from the Procura of the city you resided in while in Italy, Trieste for your case

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Hi everyone,

It took about 4.5 weeks to get my certificates from the Procura di Roma. I applied in August.

I emailed the office asking for instructions, and the next day, I received an email back with a document outlining the process including which documents to send, fee schedule and how to send payment etc...

I filled out the forms (one for the general certificate + one for the outstanding criminal proceedings)
Went to the bank and transferred the required amount. I also paid for the urgency fee for both certificates (I'm not sure you can order urgent processing outside of Italy).
I mailed the application to the Procura. In the envelope, I put the 2 complete forms, the instruction the office sent me, passport photocopy, the bank transfer receipt, one sheet explaining the breakdown of the payment I made, and a return envelope with my current address.

It took about 2 weeks to get the delivery confirmation from Canada Post. And in about 3 weeks after that, I got my certificates and 20 euros back.

I was so nervous it wasn't going to work out, but it's actually straight forward! :) Good luck!!
How much money did you send them so they returned you 20 euros?

LaFontaine

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
How much money did you send them so they returned you 20 euros?
I don't remember exactly how much I sent. But I believe the 20 euros they returned was the payment I made for urgent processing. I don't think you can do urgent processing internationally.

guitarman

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
I don't remember exactly how much I sent. But I believe the 20 euros they returned was the payment I made for urgent processing. I don't think you can do urgent processing internationally.
This was my experience as well. Just to cover our bases, we sent both 20 euros in cash and a certified check from Canada, both of which were returned with our PCC. We were shocked!

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
This was my experience as well. Just to cover our bases, we sent both 20 euros in cash and a certified check from Canada, both of which were returned with our PCC. We were shocked!
Wow!
But you also sent money to their bank? The cash and check was an extra money right?
Do you remember how much you transfer them to the bank?

guitarman

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
Wow!
But you also sent money to their bank? The cash and check was an extra money right?
Do you remember how much you transfer them to the bank?
No we sent cash and a cheque. No money transfers. Both the cash and the check were returned. It was WAY easier than I expected. And quick. I think it only took about a month.

serakino

Sep 9, 2020
hello, if I lived in Milan in Italy, do I need to get the certificate of pending proceeding from Milan or can I still get it from Rome? If I get it from Rome, would it be accepted for Express Entry? I don't have any pending proceedings in Italy anyway but it seems to be easier to get it from Rome. Did anyone else face this situation?

Kate.vic77

Jul 22, 2018
Hello everyone,
I have lived in Trieste (not Rome) for the full 4 years. Where should I apply for Richiesta Certificato del Carichi Pendenti and (Certificato del casellario giudiziale – General Certificate )? Should I send both request together?
If you are not an Italian resident you can apply for both certificates in Rome

serakino

Sep 9, 2020
Hi, if you are not living in Italy you can get it from Rome
so if I am not an Italian resident currently but I was an Italian resident in the past, then I can get both certificates from Rome and this will be acceptable for the express entry documents?