+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificates from Italy!!

simrankaur20

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
My Process in April 2019 to obtain Italian Police Clearance for Canadian PR Application(I currently live in Canada & I do not talk/write italian)..

-Emailed casellario.procura.roma@giustizia.it asking for information for obtaining Certificato dei Carichi Pendenti & Certificato del casellario giudiziale – General Certificate.

-They replied to the email later that week with the application instructions and the application form.

-Printed out the instructions and 2x Application form (1 for Outstanding Criminal Proceedings and 1 for General)

-Completed the 2 application forms (1 for Outstanding Criminal Proceedings and 1 for General)

-Made payment of 52.28euro via Transferwise to the account on the application instructions
(19.87 for each certificate + 2.40 for each postage + 3.87 for each urgent processing)

-In an envelope I posted the instructions,2x completed Application form,Copy of Passport, Copy of Codice Fiscale,Payment conformation,Return Envelope to my address + a 10euro bill (to try and persuade a little faster processing or incase of anything)

I received the certificates 3-4 weeks later with no issue. Now I just need to get them translated to English (I have been quoted around $90 CAD to get translated)
can you please let me know the international bank account number to pay the fees because we dint get any email from them so we are doing all such things on our behalf.

simrankaur20

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
I do not know the details of bankings system in India, but you may apply to a bank and ask them make bank transfer to the bank acct of procura roma (casellario giudiziale). as given in the form3.
if you know the bank account number then kindly tell us about it.

rahimxan

Oct 30, 2019
IBAN IT 49 F 02008 05099 000105479258
BIC Swift UNCRITM1B51
Agency ROMA CITTA’ GIUD. (30091)
Heading to: PROCURA REPUBBLICA ROMA
Reason of payment: full details of the applicant, requested certificates,
date of the sending application, country of origin

ParulSeth

Jan 13, 2020
Hi everyone,

It took about 4.5 weeks to get my certificates from the Procura di Roma. I applied in August.

I emailed the office asking for instructions, and the next day, I received an email back with a document outlining the process including which documents to send, fee schedule and how to send payment etc...

I filled out the forms (one for the general certificate + one for the outstanding criminal proceedings)
Went to the bank and transferred the required amount. I also paid for the urgency fee for both certificates (I'm not sure you can order urgent processing outside of Italy).
I mailed the application to the Procura. In the envelope, I put the 2 complete forms, the instruction the office sent me, passport photocopy, the bank transfer receipt, one sheet explaining the breakdown of the payment I made, and a return envelope with my current address.

It took about 2 weeks to get the delivery confirmation from Canada Post. And in about 3 weeks after that, I got my certificates and 20 euros back.

I was so nervous it wasn't going to work out, but it's actually straight forward! :) Good luck!!

ParulSeth

Jan 13, 2020
I did exactly the same. My courier was delivered to address in Rome on 20th Jan 2020. I am waiting for the police certificate. I also applied for UK police certificate. UK police does communicated on email. I got an email that my UK police certificate was mailed on last month, however no information/communication from Italy Police.

ParulSeth

Jan 13, 2020
General Certificate (Article 24 tu € 23.84 TOTAL
Stamp Duty € 16.00
Certificate Fee € 3.87
Urgently € 3.97

Outstanding Criminal Proceedings (Art. 27 T. U.) € 23.84 TOTAL
Stamp Duty € 16.00
Certificate Fee € 3.87
Urgently € 3.97

POSTAPRIORITY INTERNAZIONALE € 5.50

Total Payment for both certificates and priority post € 53.18

ParulSeth

Jan 13, 2020
I do not know the details of bankings system in India, but you may apply to a bank and ask them make bank transfer to the bank acct of procura roma (casellario giudiziale). as given in the form3.
HDFC/ICICI and all other banks do bank transfer, however intermediaries charge about 10 Euros for bank transfer.

ParulSeth

Jan 13, 2020
I sent docs to
address: Piazzale Clodio 00195 Rome,
the receiver name: Procura Roma Casellario. the address is written in the top of form n3.
I also wrote an email to confirm the arrival.
Hi, have you got the Italy police certificate, how long did it take after documents were received at Rome ?

nicmel

Feb 27, 2020
Greetings, I am in the process of requesting documents towards my Italian Police Certificates required for my Canadian PR application. My issue is that I do not remember/have my Codice Fiscale. I lived in Bologna for about a year. Is there a way to find your Codice Fiscale online? and if not, does anyone know if I can follow the procedure described above without including a codice fiscale in the forms?

Kate.vic77

Jul 22, 2018
Hi, have you got the Italy police certificate, how long did it take after documents were received at Rome ?
They send back the certificates via priority post, it should be take 2/3 weeks. But not sure. Unfortunately I never received back my certificates.