+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate

Layla Fahad

Dec 29, 2017
Got request for PCC today. The pdf says
“Some countries need a consent form from Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada to issue a police certificate. Find out (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp if the country from which you need a police certificate requires a consent form. If so, you should upload the consent form in place of the police certificate. We will assess the consent form and start the police certificate request”

Can someone explain this please? Does consent form here means request letter for PCC? If yes, it is required for my country. Where do I get it from? I’m really confused here

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
What country do you need the police certificate from?

Basically, you will have to follow the procedures in your country to get a police certificate.

Some countries may require that IRCC requests the background check and fill in a form, meaning you cannot do it yourself. In that case, you are supposed to upload the forms for IRCC to fill out instead of the police clearance certificate. This will be a form that is given to you by the authority in the country you are applying for the police certificate from.

Use the link you were given to see what the procedures are for each country you need to get a PCC from.

Layla Fahad

Dec 29, 2017
What country do you need the police certificate from?

Basically, you will have to follow the procedures in your country to get a police certificate.

Some countries may require that IRCC requests the background check and fill in a form, meaning you cannot do it yourself. In that case, you are supposed to upload the forms for IRCC to fill out instead of the police clearance certificate. This will be a form that is given to you by the authority in the country you are applying for the police certificate from.

Use the link you were given to see what the procedures are for each country you need to get a PCC from.
From Saudi Arabia, I tried following the links and got lost halfway thru. I don’t understand if it is really complicated or my small brain can’t understand it

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
I have no experience with KSA so I may be of limited help, but this is what I can find. Though perhaps it's the same as what you already know.

Is your application being processed in London? Have you gotten a notice about this yet? If so, they will send you a letter with instructions.

If not, then you may have to write the Canadian Visa Office in Riyadh asking for the request letter for you to be able to get the police clearance certificate. You would have to use the web form to do this.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Either way, you should submit something to IRCC within the submission deadline, so if you don't have the PCC by then upload a letter outlining that you haven't gotten it yet, and detail the steps you've taken to get the PCC, together with any receipts or application forms that you have. Then, once you get your PCC from KSA use the web-form to submit the PCC to your visa office. (note, if you haven't gotten a file transfer letter yet, Mississauga is still processing your file and you will have to select the options accordingly).

Layla Fahad

Dec 29, 2017
I have no experience with KSA so I may be of limited help, but this is what I can find. Though perhaps it's the same as what you already know.

Is your application being processed in London? Have you gotten a notice about this yet? If so, they will send you a letter with instructions.

If not, then you may have to write the Canadian Visa Office in Riyadh asking for the request letter for you to be able to get the police clearance certificate. You would have to use the web form to do this.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Either way, you should submit something to IRCC within the submission deadline, so if you don't have the PCC by then upload a letter outlining that you haven't gotten it yet, and detail the steps you've taken to get the PCC, together with any receipts or application forms that you have. Then, once you get your PCC from KSA use the web-form to submit the PCC to your visa office. (note, if you haven't gotten a file transfer letter yet, Mississauga is still processing your file and you will have to select the options accordingly).
No I haven’t received any notice about my transfer of application so it’s still in Mississauga I believe. I emailed Canadian VO in Riyadh, they gave me ticket and said they’ll get back to me within 3 days. Should I submit my enquiry thru this online form as well or wait for their email?
Thanks a lot for your time

Layla Fahad

Dec 29, 2017
And about Schedule A form, I just have to fill it online, validate and submit right? There’s no way I can sign it right?

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
I would say wait the 3 days for the response from VO. Hopefully they'll be able to help.

And about Schedule A form, I just have to fill it online, validate and submit right? There’s no way I can sign it right?
If you have the option to upload the schedule A form, you just have to type in your name in the signature box before you validate it.

Once you upload it, you'll have to go through a few steps to ensure that it is transmitted. This becomes your 'signature'.

Reactions: Layla Fahad

Layla Fahad

Dec 29, 2017
I would say wait the 3 days for the response from VO. Hopefully they'll be able to help.

If you have the option to upload the schedule A form, you just have to type in your name in the signature box before you validate it.

Once you upload it, you'll have to go through a few steps to ensure that it is transmitted. This becomes your 'signature'.
Thanks a ton! :)