+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate - Indian Consulate San Francisco

qaz@82

Dec 23, 2019
Hey Everyone, it may help if anyone comes back and reads this thread. I had gone to SF consulate on November 27, all the documents were correct for me. The cashier in the second counter it may take 2 to 3 weeks let me check. She got some print out from the psk portal and attached to my documents. She said "oh yeah, don't worry, you will get in one week." I got it in 6 days. including all the thanksgiving holiday and weekend holiday.

my timeline:
Submitted doc: 27 Nov.
Got notification on 3 December for my tracking activation on my fedex return package:
Documentation shipped from consulate: December 2.
Got the document on December 3.

Only problem was the shipping label on the envelope I gave them. I had from address as consulate address and to address as my home address. She asked me to change the to address as well to my home address because as I paid through my credit card, it won't accept the initial zip code from somewhere else. The initial zip code should match the zip code to the zip code on my credit card. I asked if there is not gonna be any problem as the from address is different, she said no problem at all.

There wasn't any problem at all.
DM me if you have any questions.
Hi, can you please clarify what you had to change on the prepaid shipping label? Did you have to change the FROM address(CGI SFO) to your HOME address? Thank you in advance!

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hi, can you please clarify what you had to change on the prepaid shipping label? Did you have to change the FROM address(CGI SFO) to your HOME address? Thank you in advance!
Yes, I had the FROM address as Indian consulate, SF office. They asked me to change it the FROM address to my home address. I asked isn't that going to be a problem because FROM address is different from where it is being shipped, they said no problem. Basically, my TO and FROM address were same.

qaz@82

Dec 23, 2019
Thank you so much for your quick response. can you please answer another question? Did you create your prepaid shipping label via Fedex? If so, did you create a return shipment?

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
Hi - I need PCC for me and my wife - I have gone through the details but would like to know from people who have done this in past - If I opted mail option do I need to send my original passport to embassy? If yes then how and when we will get it back from embassy.

Also are they (SFO embassy) accepting in person visits with COVID 19 background ? No one is picking up the phone in the consulate there is absolutely no means of communication.

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hi - I need PCC for me and my wife - I have gone through the details but would like to know from people who have done this in past - If I opted mail option do I need to send my original passport to embassy? If yes then how and when we will get it back from embassy.

Also are they (SFO embassy) accepting in person visits with COVID 19 background ? No one is picking up the phone in the consulate there is absolutely no means of communication.
I had it done in person. For doing by mail, yes you need to send your original passport. Previously I have read in this forum that turnaround time for mail in PCC is 30 days.

I have no idea of consulate is open. Yes they are very hard to reach.

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
I had it done in person. For doing by mail, yes you need to send your original passport. Previously I have read in this forum that turnaround time for mail in PCC is 30 days.

I have no idea of consulate is open. Yes they are very hard to reach.
It pathetic , I tried reaching out on the email ID provided on CF SF website. My emails are bouncing as email ID is not valid ID. Not sure what to do. Did anyone got the PCC in last couple of months via mail ? If yes then please help and provide me the process details. It seems that there is no way for you to even track the application once it is submitted. wondering how will you get to know if you application is in process for mail submissions. And how will you get the passport back ?

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
It pathetic , I tried reaching out on the email ID provided on CF SF website. My emails are bouncing as email ID is not valid ID. Not sure what to do. Did anyone got the PCC in last couple of months via mail ? If yes then please help and provide me the process details. It seems that there is no way for you to even track the application once it is submitted. wondering how will you get to know if you application is in process for mail submissions. And how will you get the passport back ?
I remember reading somewhere that someone sent documents and he did not get any update for 30 days. He used some email of some person in consulate back then. They said it is being shipped out(after 30 days).

I would definetly would not send documents and hope to get PCC as we don't even know of it is open or not.

One suggestion would be to just visit consulate with all the documents in morning at 9. If it is open, we'll and good. If it is not, you can try to get in touch with someone there. If it is totally closed, you are toast.

Try contacting other consulates. I have heard NY consulate are good at responding. Contact them and ask them about SF consulate. Or request them if you can send PCC request to them.

Also try sf consulate keywords for this forum. You will find someone or the other person who is in the same situation.

I would also go in myimmitracker.com and look for people who received invitation recently. Contact them how are they getting it.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Holy Cow

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Thank you so much for your quick response. can you please answer another question? Did you create your prepaid shipping label via Fedex? If so, did you create a return shipment?
As I had visited consulate, I created only one shipping label. The to and from address were same. For some reason consulate doesn't take the label of the from address is consulate itself. Basically the from address should be the same address as the credit card you use. I know this sounds stupid. I had to and from address as my home address and I still got the package.

And yes it was fedex.

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
I remember reading somewhere that someone sent documents and he did not get any update for 30 days. He used some email of some person in consulate back then. They said it is being shipped out(after 30 days).

I would definetly would not send documents and hope to get PCC as we don't even know of it is open or not.

One suggestion would be to just visit consulate with all the documents in morning at 9. If it is open, we'll and good. If it is not, you can try to get in touch with someone there. If it is totally closed, you are toast.

Try contacting other consulates. I have heard NY consulate are good at responding. Contact them and ask them about SF consulate. Or request them if you can send PCC request to them.

Also try sf consulate keywords for this forum. You will find someone or the other person who is in the same situation.

I would also go in myimmitracker.com and look for people who received invitation recently. Contact them how are they getting it.

Hope this helps.
Apparently I got a text from San Francisco consulate , we have to send the return label and Notarized version of passport. Once they get it they will start the PCC process. After completing they will use the return label and send the PCC

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Apparently I got a text from San Francisco consulate , we have to send the return label and Notarized version of passport. Once they get it they will start the PCC process. After completing they will use the return label and send the PCC
Thats great to hear. Hopefully everything goes well for you.

Sep 4, 2020
Hi, I am about to apply for PCC by mail from SF consulate. I was following your posts and just need some clarifications- 1. Should I send my original passport? 2. What do you mean by 'notarized version of passport'- should I get my passport photocopy notarized, even if it was issued in India?
If you could send a step by step process that you followed for applying through mail- it would be very helpful.
Thank you so much.

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
Hi, I am about to apply for PCC by mail from SF consulate. I was following your posts and just need some clarifications- 1. Should I send my original passport? 2. What do you mean by 'notarized version of passport'- should I get my passport photocopy notarized, even if it was issued in India?
If you could send a step by step process that you followed for applying through mail- it would be very helpful.
Thank you so much.

1. Check the document list on the portal
2. Notarize all documents including the passport front and back page (this is costly but that's the process)
3. Send them the documents along with application form and bank check of I guess 27 $ per application
4. Send them the return label along with you couriers.
5. CG SFO will use the return label to send you back the PCC

I got mine and my wife's PCC in less that 3 weeks.

Sep 4, 2020
Hi, Thanks for steps. Just one clarification- original passport along with notarized copies? Thank you so much