+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate for Pakistan

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I am not sure I understand what you're saying. I'll use a simple example.

You can't have an islamabad address on your Sindh police certificate.

Let's say you have lived in 10 different cities in pakistan for 8 months each but your ID cards states just 2 permanent addresses (isb address in the first NIC and then a karachi address in the second NIC). So get PCCs made for theses 2 addresses separately. One from isb and one from khi. Make sure to cover all the time period of the last 10 years (more more) in these 2 PCCs. Just use these 2 addresses for your EE profile. Forget about all the other addresses.

Is that clear?

Edit: Ok, maybe i see what you're asking. You're asking if you were living in isb during the last 5 years but your permanent address was in karachi then should the karachi PCC dates also cover the period you were living in isb? The answer is :YES. It is perfectly fine for your karachi address to cover your isb period because karachi was your permanent address during all that even if you were physically living in islamabad.

Expelliarmus56

Sep 3, 2020
I am not sure I understand what you're saying. I'll use a simple example.

You can't have an islamabad address on your Sindh police certificate.

Let's say you have lived in 10 different cities in pakistan for 8 months each but your ID cards states just 2 permanent addresses (isb address in the first NIC and then a karachi address in the second NIC). So get PCCs made for theses 2 addresses separately. One from isb and one from khi. Make sure to cover all the time period of the last 10 years (more more) in these 2 PCCs. Just use these 2 addresses for your EE profile. Forget about all the other addresses.

Is that clear?

Edit: Ok, maybe i see what you're asking. You're asking if you were living in isb during the last 5 years but your permanent address was in karachi then should the karachi PCC dates also cover the period you were living in isb? The answer is :YES. It is perfectly fine for your karachi address to cover your isb period because karachi was your permanent address during all that even if you were physically living in islamabad.
Okay I think that clears it up. I am just going to get a new PCC from Karachi covering the period I've lived in Islamabad as well. I'll ask them to scrap the ones already made i guess. Thank you so much.

Reactions: smash1984

K123_3

Jan 1, 2021
Fahad thanks for the reply. can you confirm one more thing. i have been living in Lahore since last 10 years but i went for my masters abroad for a year. I have the PCC from that country. My question is that on my police certificate from Pakistan should i show the break when i left the country or should i get it made for continuous time of 10 years? for example i was 18 in 2006 and stayed in Pakistan from 2006 - 2013 , in 2013 i went abroad for my masters and came back mid 2014. Then from 2014 till 2019 i am in Pakistan.. so on my Pakistani PCC should i mention these dates? or just make 1 certificate dates Feb 2006 - Aug 2019?
Hi I have the same situation I went for masters in UK. I have my UK PCC. I want to know if you ended up getting 1 made from Pakistan that has continuous date like you mentioned on one address? And did it work? Thanks

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi I have the same situation I went for masters in UK. I have my UK PCC. I want to know if you ended up getting 1 made from Pakistan that has continuous date like you mentioned on one address? And did it work? Thanks
Get the one from Pakistan made continuous. Overlaps are perfectly fine.

Expelliarmus56

Sep 3, 2020
Get the one from Pakistan made continuous. Overlaps are perfectly fine.
One more thing, my PCC from Pakistan mentions just years instead of exact dates even though I asked the police station for exact dates but they still just wrote the years. Will this be a problem?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
One more thing, my PCC from Pakistan mentions just years instead of exact dates even though I asked the police station for exact dates but they still just wrote the years. Will this be a problem?
This is tricky. For the beginning date it might be fine and the end date can be "To Date". Not sure what end date of 2021 would imply to the case analyst looking at your file.

Expelliarmus56

Sep 3, 2020
This is tricky. For the beginning date it might be fine and the end date can be "To Date". Not sure what end date of 2021 would imply to the case analyst looking at your file.
It's like I have two police certificates for two different addresses each from a different police station so the first one mentions exact dates but the other one just means from 2017 till date so I'm confused if that's okay. Since it really depends on how you perceive just 2017 to mean. We had given them the exact dates but the police station still just wrote the year.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
It's like I have two police certificates for two different addresses each from a different police station so the first one mentions exact dates but the other one just means from 2017 till date so I'm confused if that's okay. Since it really depends on how you perceive just 2017 to mean. We had given them the exact dates but the police station still just wrote the year.
To date is fine. And yes, 2017 is open to interpretation. Would have been better to have a specific start date.

What dates does your first PCC cover?

Expelliarmus56

Sep 3, 2020
To date is fine. And yes, 2017 is open to interpretation. Would have been better to have a specific start date.

What dates does your first PCC cover?
Exact dates from August 2013 to September 2017. A positive thing is they are both from Karachi. Just different police stations.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Exact dates from August 2013 to September 2017. A positive thing is they are both from Karachi. Just different police stations.
might have been simpler to get just one PCC from khi.

This looks a bit weird though, if the first PCC is up to Sept 2017 then it would have made sense to have another start from Aug 2017 to date.

The problem with PCCs is that the application gets rejected even if a single day is missing. In your case the dates on the second PCC are not specific enough.

I say start date of Aug 2017 for the 2nd PCC because overlapping dates are fine, but missing days are not.

Expelliarmus56

Sep 3, 2020
might have been simpler to get just one PCC from khi.

This looks a bit weird though, if the first PCC is up to Sept 2017 then it would have made sense to have another start from Aug 2017 to date.

The problem with PCCs is that the application gets rejected even if a single day is missing. In your case the dates on the second PCC are not specific enough.

I say start date of Aug 2017 for the 2nd PCC because overlapping dates are fine, but missing days are not.
We gave them the exact dates and they still didn't put them in. But 2017 can mean all of 2017 right I mean its open to interpretation.

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
hi @Aham.F

thanks for sharing this information
sorry I understand this is an old post but what would one do if instead of education, a person worked in Lahore (same as your case)

Aham.F

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Riyadh, KSA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-05-2020
Med's Done....
16-07-2020
Passport Req..
17-05-2022
LANDED..........
10-07-2022
hi @Aham.F

thanks for sharing this information
sorry I understand this is an old post but what would one do if instead of education, a person worked in Lahore (same as your case)
I am not sure what exactly are you referring to, but the simple rule for the PCC is that any place where you have stayed for more than 6 months, you need to obtain a PCC from there, if you havent obtained it for any other city in Pakistan (like your permanent address on NIC).

Last edited:

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
I am not sure what exactly are you referring to, but the simple rule for the PCC is that any place where you have stayed for more than 6 months, you need to obtain a PCC from there, if you havent obtained it for any other city in Pakistan (like your permanent address on NIC).
Thanks for your reply & Apologies if question was not clear!

Please consider below scenario:

Birth - Dec 2000 Born & Graduated in Karachi (on Permanent Address as mentioned on CNIC)
Jan 2001 - Dec 2002 Living & working in Karachi (on Permanent Address as mentioned on CNIC)
Jan 2003 - Aug 2004 Living & working in Lahore for six-months (no changes to Permanent Address mentioned on CNIC)
Aug 2004 - Dec 2020 Living & working in Karachi (no changes to Permanent Address mentioned on CNIC)

* I understand to obtain PCC from Karachi for all stay duration but Shall I now get the PCC from Lahore as well ? the total stay-duration was over six-months but bearing in mind, Permanent address was not changed on CNIC and the stay too was at relatives property ?

Please @Aham.F can you guide me ?

Thank you