Police Clearance Certificate for Pakistan

Sywaseem

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Hi guys,

i need your help with PCC. Below is my history starting with most recent:

Apr 2008 till date (Dubai)
Sep 2003 to Apr 2008 (UK)
Birth till Aug 2003 (Pakistan - turned 18 in 2001)

i have visited Pakistan many time since Sep 2003. I have the following clarifications:

I need PCC for last 10 years which is Dubai for me. I also need PCC from Pakistan.

Will the date on my Pakistan PCC be till Aug 2003 or till date (as there are visits as well)?

Will i be needing PCC from UK? This is out of 10 years period.
Pls help!!!

Saman Z.

Sep 23, 2018
Hi guys,

i have visited Pakistan many time since Sep 2003. I have the following clarifications:

I need PCC for last 10 years which is Dubai for me. I also need PCC from Pakistan.

Will the date on my Pakistan PCC be till Aug 2003 or till date (as there are visits as well)?

Pls help!!!

PCC is for the last 10years. so i think you only need PCC for dubai

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
Hi guys,

Pls help!!!
After ITA, you are required to update your address history. Based on the information updated there, you will see placeholders for PCC with the name of Country mentioned along with it. In your case you would only require to submit PCC from Dubai, but IRCC can request Pak or UK pcc from you at a later stage if they require any further information.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi guys,

Pls help!!!
I think you might get Pakistan PCC requested, especially if you have stayed in pakistan cumulatively over 6 months during your lifetime.

Are you pakistan citizen? even if not, the best best would be to get a PCC from Pakistan that is to date. That should cover everything and will reduce your risk for a review or new PCC requesr (or a rejection).

Sywaseem

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
After ITA, you are required to update your address history. Based on the information updated there, you will see placeholders for PCC with the name of Country mentioned along with it. In your case, you would only require to submit PCC from Dubai, but IRCC can request Pak or UK PCC from you at a later stage if they require any further information.
Thanks, Fahad. To be safe, I am getting PCC from Dubai as well as Karachi (I am a Pakistani citizen). My only confusion is around the dates needed to be mentioned in PCC from Pakistan. Shall it be till date or till Aug 2003 - that`s when I last lived in Pakistan for 6 consecutive months. If it is till date, isn`t that saying that I was in 2 countries at the same time which isn`t logical.

Sywaseem

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
I think you might get Pakistan PCC requested, especially if you have stayed in pakistan cumulatively over 6 months during your lifetime.

Are you Pakistani citizen? even if not, the best best would be to get a PCC from Pakistan that is to date. That should cover everything and will reduce your risk for a review or new PCC requesr (or a rejection).
Thanks Smash. Appreciate your time and response. I am a Pakistani citizen applying for express entry through PNP. I am living in Dubai for the last 11 years. I will pro-actively get the PCC from Pakistan however the confusion of date still exist.

If the PCC is till date, isnt that saying that I am living in 2 countries (UAE and Pakistan) as I will have a PCC or UAE for the last 10 years?

Also, I found the following on CIC website for express entry applicants: it says for the country of the past, he police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Date the certificate was issued
For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

• must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Thanks Smash. Appreciate your time and response. I am a Pakistani citizen applying for express entry through PNP. I am living in Dubai for the last 11 years. I will pro-actively get the PCC from Pakistan however the confusion of date still exist.

If the PCC is till date, isnt that saying that I am living in 2 countries (UAE and Pakistan) as I will have a PCC or UAE for the last 10 years?

Also, I found the following on CIC website for express entry applicants: it says for the country of the past, he police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Date the certificate was issued
For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

• must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.
Yes, that's what the rules say but people eventually get PCC requested in many cases. So it's to be on the safe side. It could be that they don't request you, but if they do then you will be prepared.

hnaveed89

Feb 24, 2019
After ITA, you are required to update your address history. Based on the information updated there, you will see placeholders for PCC with the name of Country mentioned along with it. In your case you would only require to submit PCC from Dubai, but IRCC can request Pak or UK pcc from you at a later stage if they require any further information.
My police clearance certificate from Pakistan mentions only my permanent address in Lahore and states this certificate covers from my birth till date it is issued, should it provide more details? I lived in RWP until 2007 and that information is not mentioned in my pcc.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
My police clearance certificate from Pakistan mentions only my permanent address in Lahore and states this certificate covers from my birth till date it is issued, should it provide more details? I lived in RWP until 2007 and that information is not mentioned in my pcc.
As long as the lahore address is your permanent address that is fine.

you should only mention the lahore address in your history then. No need of mentioning pindi address. If you do mention pindi address then you likely will have to furnish PCC. Just use your permanent address (lahore) since that is consistent in CNIC.

hnaveed89

Feb 24, 2019
As long as the lahore address is your permanent address that is fine.

you should only mention the lahore address in your history then. No need of mentioning pindi address. If you do mention pindi address then you likely will have to furnish PCC. Just use your permanent address (lahore) since that is consistent in CNIC.
My educational documents are from Rawalpindi also, my intermediate certificate which I will be submitting with my PR application, will that be a problem they might ask that you studied in RWP. My studies and stay in RWP is older than 10 years and even before my 18th birthday. but still my police clearance certificate says my permanent address is Lahore since birth till date.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
My educational documents are from Rawalpindi also, my intermediate certificate which I will be submitting with my PR application, will that be a problem they might ask that you studied in RWP. My studies and stay in RWP is older than 10 years and even before my 18th birthday. but still my police clearance certificate says my permanent address is Lahore since birth till date.
should not be a problem.

I am from karachi, stayed 6 years in lahore for my studies. 2 of those 6 years were in the last 10 years. I only wrote one single address in my profile since my permanent address was karachi and it didn't change.

in my education history i wrote lahore in the period 2010-2012.

In pakistan apparently the FIR is linked to cnic and permanent address. So you should only mention your permanent address in address history and get a PCC for the same.

Reactions: cool_eagle
Dec 5, 2019
Hi , i have got the PCC from Lahore , Pakistan. I have given them the dates against which i need PCC but they have issued me a certificate starting from My birth to till date of actual printing of certificate , i have 2nd Pcc from Saudi covering 7 years . giving pcc since birth will be an issue ?

Dec 5, 2019
Get one made from 2006-2019 but mention the dates accurately on your personal history section post ITA.
Hi , i have got the PCC from Lahore , Pakistan. I have given them the dates against which i need PCC but they have issued me a certificate starting from My birth to till date of actual printing of certificate , i have 2nd Pcc from Saudi covering 7 years . giving pcc since birth will be an issue ?

hnaveed89

Feb 24, 2019
It will not be an issue, I also got my PCC made from Lahore, starting from birth till the date. I got my PR already 2 months ago

Reactions: cool_eagle
Dec 5, 2019
It will not be an issue, I also got my PCC made from Lahore, starting from birth till the date. I got my PR already 2 months ago
[/QU

Great , thank you so much for prompt reply .! i just did Bio-metric and got AOR . my timeline is

- AR 13 Jan
- AOR- 21 Feb
-Bio- 22 Feb

can you predict for my medical ? like how long usually it takes to get medical request ?