+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate for Pakistan

Harlan

Nov 28, 2018
Hello members
I lived in Pakistan since the age of 18. However, I moved to Saudi Arabia on July 2016 and came back to Pakistan in June 2019.
Since i am not a current resident of KSA, I do not need to provide the PCC from KSA as per cic guidelines.. So do I need to exclude the time spent in Saudi Arabia in my PCC issued from Pakistan?
Moreover, do i need to mention the periods I visited Pakistan on holidays during my time spent in Saudi Arabia?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hello members
I lived in Pakistan since the age of 18. However, I moved to Saudi Arabia on July 2016 and came back to Pakistan in June 2019.
Since i am not a current resident of KSA, I do not need to provide the PCC from KSA as per cic guidelines.. So do I need to exclude the time spent in Saudi Arabia in my PCC issued from Pakistan?
Moreover, do i need to mention the periods I visited Pakistan on holidays during my time spent in Saudi Arabia?
Why do you not need to provide a PCC for saudi arabia?

I believe you do need a SAudi PCC since you were there very recently and stayed for more than 6 months.

Harlan

Nov 28, 2018
As per the link below it states that
If you do not have current legal residence status in Saudi Arabia, you are not required to provide a Saudi Arabian police certificate. If you are asked for a police certificate from Saudi Arabia, write: “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Saudi Arabia because certificates are only available to people who have current legal residence status.”

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/saudi-arabia.html

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
As per the link below it states that
If you do not have current legal residence status in Saudi Arabia, you are not required to provide a Saudi Arabian police certificate. If you are asked for a police certificate from Saudi Arabia, write: “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Saudi Arabia because certificates are only available to people who have current legal residence status.”

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/saudi-arabia.html
I see, wasn't aware of this. The other GCC countries usually furnish one even if you are not a resident there.

Harlan

Nov 28, 2018
I see, wasn't aware of this. The other GCC countries usually furnish one even if you are not a resident there.
So if you can please guide me that in PCC for Pakistan, do i need to mention the period spent in KSA or there is no need to specify the periods?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I believe it is perfectly fine for your KSA days to be covered in your Pakistan PCC. The overlap period is never a concern. The concern is always that there are no missing days. So have your PCC from Pakistan cover all the days in the last 10 years to date (or whatever start date you want to put and up to the current date)

Harlan

Nov 28, 2018
I believe it is perfectly fine for your KSA days to be covered in your Pakistan PCC. The overlap period is never a concern. The concern is always that there are no missing days. So have your PCC from Pakistan cover all the days in the last 10 years to date (or whatever start date you want to put and up to the current date)
Thank you.
I am just concerned that they will not see it as a misrepresentation if I cover the whole period in Pakistan without excluding the time spent in KSA from 2016 to 2019. Just being extra cautious

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Thank you.
I am just concerned that they will not see it as a misrepresentation if I cover the whole period in Pakistan without excluding the time spent in KSA from 2016 to 2019. Just being extra cautious
No, this is not misrepresentation.

And if you are concerned about it then just also explain in the Letter of Explanation that you upload iwth your profile.

Reactions: Harlan

SEA69

Mar 30, 2020
Hello members
I have got an ITA recently. I need PCC. I have a permanent address of Karachi on my NICOP. But I lived in Saudi Arabia from feb 2009 till September 2017. Besides this I lived in Lahore for my 4 years BBA from 2013 till 2017 July. My question is Do I need PCC from Karachi and Lahore both or just from Karachi. Please help.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hello members
I have got an ITA recently. I need PCC. I have a permanent address of Karachi on my NICOP. But I lived in Saudi Arabia from feb 2009 till September 2017. Besides this I lived in Lahore for my 4 years BBA from 2013 till 2017 July. My question is Do I need PCC from Karachi and Lahore both or just from Karachi. Please help.
I had same situation as you. Lived abroad, permanent address in karachi, education in lhr.

Just submit a karachi PCC. That is what I did. Worked smoothly.

SEA69

Mar 30, 2020
I had same situation as you. Lived abroad, permanent address in karachi, education in lhr.

Just submit a karachi PCC. That is what I did. Worked smoothly.
I have another issue that I have travelled several times from KSA to Lahore during my 4 years of BBA in Lahore. Does it make a difference. Do I need PCC from Lahore besisdes Karachi because I have entry and exit stamps from Lahore. Kindly inform me.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I have another issue that I have travelled several times from KSA to Lahore during my 4 years of BBA in Lahore. Does it make a difference. Do I need PCC from Lahore besisdes Karachi because I have entry and exit stamps from Lahore. Kindly inform me.
No, you don't need PCC from Lahore. Just get from your permanent address.

fjaveed1

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Hello members
You need PCC from all the places where you have live for more than 6 months ! It is clearly mentioned on the ircc page .

SEA69

Mar 30, 2020
Thanks.
I have got my PCC from Karachi permanent address but PCC from Lahore ( temporary address) is stuck because of COVID LOCKDOWN. I want to know, can I mention two addresses in my address history. One my permanent address of Karachi and second my temporary address of Lahore where I studied for 4 years.