+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate for Pakistan

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
Need guidance with the address history.
My permanent address is in city A and this is the address I have on all my documents like my passport etc.
but I came for my studies in another city B and now doing job in the same city B. But still my permanent address in passport and all other documents is of City A.
Kindly someone guide me what should I do. Do I need to add city B address too in address history? And in order to get PCC done do I include these addresses too?

Because I'm just worried that if I didn't mention the city B address where I have studied and doing the job right now will be taken as a misrepresentation. Please guide me with this.

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
Get one made from 2006-2019 but mention the dates accurately on your personal history section post ITA.
Thanks @Fahadkazmi, I landed in Canada 2019. I am going to apply for canadian citizenship now. I have to get PCC from Pakistan. few months, back, I went to Pak for 4 months. So should I get PCC from

i)18 years of age (or birth) for my permanent address to the date in 2023 (when I last came back from Pak),
( thus covering my canadian stay in that period as well)
ii) or should I made it in 2 parts i.e. first part from 18yrs (date) to 2019, and then another for only those 4 months of last year 2022-2023

I think first one is more simple approach, as that is still my permanent address in pakistan, and i hold its citizenship in Pakistan,
Whats your opinion on that. Thank you.

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
That's their thing.
Thanks @sam3218, I landed in Canada 2019. I am going to apply for canadian citizenship now. I have to get PCC from Pakistan. few months, back, I went to Pak for 4 months. So should I get PCC from

i)18 years of age (or birth) for my permanent address to the date in 2023 (when I last came back from Pak),
ii) or should I made it in 2 parts i.e. first part from 18yrs (date) to 2019, and then another for only those 4 months of last year 2022-2023

I think first one is more simple approach, as that is still my permanent address in pakistan, and i hold its citizenship in Pakistan,

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
Need guidance with the address history.
My permanent address is in city A and this is the address I have on all my documents like my passport etc.
but I came for my studies in another city B and now doing job in the same city B. But still my permanent address in passport and all other documents is of City A.
Kindly someone guide me what should I do. Do I need to add city B address too in address history? And in order to get PCC done do I include these addresses too?

Because I'm just worried that if I didn't mention the city B address where I have studied and doing the job right now will be taken as a misrepresentation. Please guide me with this.
In your case, I will suggest just get it made from your permanent stay hometown address which is on your ID and passport; no need to get it from other cities. Most of my friends did it that way and they were approved. If IRCC raise objection, just tell them that in pakistan, pcc is given for permanent address
and tell them that you ofcourse was livign there in vacations/holidays etc. so cover whole period with that.

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
It depends. If you stayed at 10 different addresses and yet had only 1 permanent address during that time then you just need 1 single address for PCC. You don't need to have it from different addresses even if they are from different cities. The permanent address should be good.
Thanks @smash1984 , I landed in Canada 2019. I am going to apply for canadian citizenship now. I have to get PCC from Pakistan. few months, back, I went to Pak for 4 months. So should I get PCC from

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
Hi Fasih,

You need to make PCC for every location you studied/worked. It should be aligned with your address history which should be ultimately aligned with your study/work histories. So all link together.

Good thing is, in Punjab, you can visit any city's police khidmat markaz and get PCCs for any punjab city(ies). Hope it helps
@kamranayub1100
Are you saying that if you enter police khidmat markaz of city A (which is your hometown), And if you lived in city B, and city C for 1 or 2 years period,
you can get PCC from A, which will cover all addresses (alongiwth timelines) including city B and city C as well. and there is no need to visit B or visit C and provide docs there.---------Kindly confirm.

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
No, I didn't mention Lahore as my residence in address history in the past 10 years. However I did mention my education in Lahore during that time under the education section. If you add any address in address history, you will have to provide PCC for that. So basically remove that address from address history and only work with your permanent address in pakistan. And get the PCC coverage for 10 years for the same permanent address.
For the EE profile, before ITA, it doesn't need to provide address history? if he mentioned address, and alter on he removes that address, as you are suggesting (just for the ease of not getting PCC), wouldn't the informatin will be in conflict and can create the problem?

Actually, I have the same issue. I just renewed my PR. over there, in address history i mentioned one city address of stay for few months, but it is difficult for me to get pcc for that city. However, it is possible to get Full-time PCC from my home town, whose address is on the passport, CNIC etc. So, should I change/remove the address for citizenship application (but it will be in conflict with the renewal PR address history, which is already in their system, and I got renewed PR as well)..........or should I wait another few months, so that stay will be out of 4 year window of any eligibility period of foreignstay, hence not requiring any PCC. Kindly let me know, whats the best option here. thanks.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Thanks @smash1984 , I landed in Canada 2019. I am going to apply for canadian citizenship now. I have to get PCC from Pakistan. few months, back, I went to Pak for 4 months. So should I get PCC from

Why do you need PCC from Pakistan? Did you stay there for 6 months? Or do you expect that they will ask for a PCC so you want to have it made just in case?

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
I don't need it by rule; but expecting it, as I read on other posts in this forum, that people who went back after landing and stayed for long time, even though their absence was less than 183 days ( e.g. 170 days), they were asked for the PCC later. So thats why I want to get prepared in advance. Thank you.

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
Hi Fasih,

You need to make PCC for every location you studied/worked. It should be aligned with your address history which should be ultimately aligned with your study/work histories. So all link together.

Good thing is, in Punjab, you can visit any city's police khidmat markaz and get PCCs for any punjab city(ies). Hope it helps
Hi @kamranayub1100
Kindly reply. I don't know about the recent process over there in Punjab. Thats why I need your guidance. So the Police khidmat markaz in one city can make PCC for addresses in other city as well, as your message was implying. or we have to visit police khidmat markaz in different cities separately. Kindly let me know the documents required for that. Thanks a lot.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
For the EE profile, before ITA, it doesn't need to provide address history? if he mentioned address, and alter on he removes that address, as you are suggesting (just for the ease of not getting PCC), wouldn't the informatin will be in conflict and can create the problem?

Actually, I have the same issue. I just renewed my PR. over there, in address history i mentioned one city address of stay for few months, but it is difficult for me to get pcc for that city. However, it is possible to get Full-time PCC from my home town, whose address is on the passport, CNIC etc. So, should I change/remove the address for citizenship application (but it will be in conflict with the renewal PR address history, which is already in their system, and I got renewed PR as well)..........or should I wait another few months, so that stay will be out of 4 year window of any eligibility period of foreignstay, hence not requiring any PCC. Kindly let me know, whats the best option here. thanks.
I think you can always say that you were staying at that address at the time but your permanent address has always been XYZ. As I stated earlier, FIRs in Pakistan are linked to NIC number and permanent address, so you should still be fine.

Waiting for a few more months might be even better. Processing times of citizenship application should improve in the next few months, so by the time you apply, your application should move much quicker.

Reactions: cool_eagle

Alikogu

Feb 18, 2021
have a question if someone can help. My wife recently get a pakistan police certification but the certification have just month and year. They haven’t wrote dates for duration.
Example
Address 1: from jan 2002 till August 2010
Address 2: from October 2010 till dec 2021
is that ok or we have to put dates as well.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
have a question if someone can help. My wife recently get a pakistan police certification but the certification have just month and year. They haven’t wrote dates for duration.
Example
Address 2: from October 2010 till dec 2021
is that ok or we have to put dates as well.
Monthly is fine but it needs to cover all the dates. Even if one day is missing, you will have your application rejected.

In your example, the dates should overlap in order to avoid days where your PCC doesn't cover. Modified example below

Address 2: from July 2010 till date (or till May 2023)

Alikogu

Feb 18, 2021
Monthly is fine but it needs to cover all the dates. Even if one day is missing, you will have your application rejected.

In your example, the dates should overlap in order to avoid days where your PCC doesn't cover. Modified example below

Address 2: from July 2010 till date (or till May 2023)
Here are the proper months and years mention on the two PPC for different districts
Address 1: march 2023- to date
Address 2: nov 2022 - March 2023
Address 3: june 2019- oct 2022
Address 4: Aug 2016- may 2019
Address 5: Nov 2013 - july 2016
Is this ok ??

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Here are the proper months and years mention on the two PPC for different districts
Address 1: march 2023- to date
Address 2: nov 2022 - March 2023
Address 3: june 2019- oct 2022
Address 4: Aug 2016- may 2019
Address 5: Nov 2013 - july 2016
Is this ok ??
This COULD work if IRCC assumes that your month is starting on 1st and ending on the last day of the month. But that is a strong assumption. IRCC is known to have rejected many PCCs with even 1 day being missing from the required period. So it's hard to say if they will accept this. There is also a chance that this will get rejected. It is difficult to say what those chances are though. If you can, then have those made with overlapping months so that no dates are missing.

And why do you even have so many PCCs? You could have just had them made for your permanent address and not for every place where you lived.