+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate?express entry

wchaudhry

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Hello, I posted this question yesterday on another thread, but didn't get any response so trying again here today:

When I turned 18 (October 2004) I was living in Canada on study permit.. I came back to Pakistan in May 2005 for 4 months vacation and then returned to Canada again for 3 months before moving back to Pakistan permanently in December 2005.

Now, I understand RCMP from Canada is not required unless cic asks for it so I'm not getting one upfront... about PCC from Pakistan, should it cover period from 18th birthday (Oct 2004 to date) or skip out period i was in canada? I don't want to mention from October and risk them assuming im misrepresenting myself... :/ I'm also afraid if I don't cover from 18th birthday they might refuse application...

Thanks.
Hi Hira,

Not sure if you found your answer on the thread or not, but I am in a similar situation as yours.
Would you please suggest me how did you go forward with your Pakistani PCC? was it for the entire period or with splits because of your 3 month Canada visit?

Much appreciated

Thanks

andy1011

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
Hi guys,

I have a tricky question about my PCC that I need your help please. I lived in my home country since I was born until I am 26 years old (2014) and I have lived in the USA since 2014 until now. I got PCC of my home country issued in Feb 2016. I just visited my home country in Jan 2017 for two weeks and back to the USA. Would the PCC issued last year valid still or I need to request a new PCC in my home country for PR application. I expect an ITA soon in March 2017. Thanks much for your feedback guys.

lincy

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Hi anyone ,

I received an ITA on 21st feb 2018, I have all documents except PCC . I wanted to know suppose if I apply for Malaysian PCC today and get it by next week. And again if I travel to malaysia on 21st March . Will the PCC Abe valid.

Anyone who has got an Indonesian PCC done from India? Can anyone help me out ? I have gone through the link on the website but not much help. Anyone knows an agent?

Rocky2k17

Jun 14, 2017
Hello champions and fellow applicants,

please help me out with the query below.

If I am unmarried and travelling alone to Canada at this time under Express Entry, will I require to submit PCC for my parents after receiving ITA along with my own clearance ?

BEA78

Star Member
Aug 9, 2016
Mexico City
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello champions and fellow applicants,

please help me out with the query below.

If I am unmarried and travelling alone to Canada at this time under Express Entry, will I require to submit PCC for my parents after receiving ITA along with my own clearance ?
No, your parents are not part of your application.

Reactions: Rocky2k17

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi anyone ,

I received an ITA on 21st feb 2018, I have all documents except PCC . I wanted to know suppose if I apply for Malaysian PCC today and get it by next week. And again if I travel to malaysia on 21st March . Will the PCC Abe valid.

Anyone who has got an Indonesian PCC done from India? Can anyone help me out ? I have gone through the link on the website but not much help. Anyone knows an agent?
Dude, you need PCC if and only if you have stayed for 6 consecutive months in a country.

Reactions: lincy

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi guys,

I have a tricky question about my PCC that I need your help please. I lived in my home country since I was born until I am 26 years old (2014) and I have lived in the USA since 2014 until now. I got PCC of my home country issued in Feb 2016. I just visited my home country in Jan 2017 for two weeks and back to the USA. Would the PCC issued last year valid still or I need to request a new PCC in my home country for PR application. I expect an ITA soon in March 2017. Thanks much for your feedback guys.
The PCC is valid for only 6 months. You can check the validity on the certificate itself, and by the way, the PCC should be recent.

nc100

Apr 29, 2017
Hi,

I am an India citizen staying in the Uk since last 4 years. I wish to apply for the India pcc from the Uk however I am not sure whether the India consulate/vfs will have my passport details in their records.
Is there a way to check?
Has anyone got it done recently and if yes, how much time does it take?
Can I travel to India and get my India pcc done (I think it takes just 2 day there) and travel back to Uk?
For UK PCC; does it stay valid if I travel out of UK and travel back in?

Urgent feedback is much appreciated.

Best regards.

debakalpa

Apr 28, 2018
Just to give a background to my case, my wife Moutushi Roy Chowdhury is a Bangladeshi holding a Bangladeshi Passport. I seek your legal guidance regarding the PCC requirement for my wife.
Table below provides my Travel history
Travelling Country Start Date End Date Duration Visa Type
UK 13-May-14 8-Oct-14 148 C Visit
India 20-Apr-15 2-May-15 12 Tourist
India 2-Jan-15 29-Mar-15 86 Tourist
India 16-Oct-15 9-Nov-15 24 Medical Attendant
India 13-Jan-16 24-Mar-16 71 Medical Attendant
India 31-Mar-16 27-May-16 57 Tourist
India 27-May-16 26-May-17 364 Accompanying Spouse
India 27-May-17 26-May-18 364 Accompanying Spouse
UK 23-Dec-16 8-Jan-17 16 Tourist

As you can see, During the last 10 years, she has visited India and UK multiple times. During her stay in India, she visited the cities such as Kolkata and Gurgaon. Her stay from 2nd Jan to 9th Nov, have never been more the 6 months at one go and during this period she stayed in Kolkata and at her relative place. Post that she visited India on 13th Jan and got married on 17th Jan and after marriage she has been residing with me. Her visa got converted to Spouse visa on 27th May 2016. When I submit the CIC application I had given PCC from 27th May 2016 to Present but my PR application got rejected for bring incomplete. Here is the comments provided by CIC

“The Police certificate from India that you provided for your spouse, Moutushi Roy Chowdhury, with your application is not acceptable as it does not cover the full period spent in India. You have indicated in your spouse address history that your spouse resided in India from 2016/01/13 to present”

Post rejection, I got the PCC certificate from 13th Jan 2016 to Present,

However, since her stay in India before that was less than 6 months and hence was not registered with Foreign Registration Office in India. I am facing difficulty in getting the certificate issued from 2nd Jan 2015- 9th Nov 2015. Can you please let me know if I will require the PCC certificate for the above timeframe.

aks.abhi9

May 8, 2018
New Delhi
Need clarity: Travel History for Past 10 years need to be shared post ITA for all the countries a person had visited.
Please refer below timeline and suggest Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) requirement for me as I worked in Qatar and Oman between 1st Feb 2008 to 10th Feb 2009.
India to Qatar: 1-Feb-2008
Qatar to Oman: 17-Apr-2008 {◆2.5 months stay in Qatar}
Oman to India: 4-Sep-2008 {◆4 months, 17 days in Oman}
India to Oman: 21-Sep-2008 {◆17 days in India)
Oman to Qatar: 19-Jan-2009 {◆4 months in Oman}
Qatar to India: 10-Feb-2009 {◆21 days in Qatar)

Please refer guidelines from Canadian Govt. on obtaining PCC with example:-
Online system will ask for a police certificate for:
and
  • every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row
Examples of when to get a police certificate:
If you’re not sure if you need to get a police certificate, these examples may help you understand when you need one

Example A: 7-month stay 20 years ago

Feras is 45 years old. He worked in Turkey for 7 months when he was 25 years old. The system will not ask him for a police certificate from Turkey.

Example B: Several short stays in another country

Lailah studied in Spain between 2014 and 2017, for several 4-month study periods but she did not stay there for 6 months or more in a row. The system will not ask for a police certificate, but an officer may ask for one from Spain after she submits her application. To avoid delays, Lailah could ask for a police certificate from Spain and submit it with her application.

I am seeking answer/ help for below mentioned both scenarios:
(1) Current I have completed almost 9 years & 4 months of my above quoted travel of Oman (4 months + 4.5 months stay duration). Now if I get ITA, then PCC is required from Oman stay?
(2) If I will delay the submission of Express Entry profile for 8 months and complete the 10 Years (over 10 years) travel window, then PCC for Oman is required for me?

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
Just to give a background to my case, my wife Moutushi Roy Chowdhury is a Bangladeshi holding a Bangladeshi Passport. I seek your legal guidance regarding the PCC requirement for my wife.
Table below provides my Travel history
Travelling Country Start Date End Date Duration Visa Type
UK 13-May-14 8-Oct-14 148 C Visit
India 20-Apr-15 2-May-15 12 Tourist
India 2-Jan-15 29-Mar-15 86 Tourist
India 16-Oct-15 9-Nov-15 24 Medical Attendant
India 13-Jan-16 24-Mar-16 71 Medical Attendant
India 31-Mar-16 27-May-16 57 Tourist
India 27-May-16 26-May-17 364 Accompanying Spouse
India 27-May-17 26-May-18 364 Accompanying Spouse
UK 23-Dec-16 8-Jan-17 16 Tourist

As you can see, During the last 10 years, she has visited India and UK multiple times. During her stay in India, she visited the cities such as Kolkata and Gurgaon. Her stay from 2nd Jan to 9th Nov, have never been more the 6 months at one go and during this period she stayed in Kolkata and at her relative place. Post that she visited India on 13th Jan and got married on 17th Jan and after marriage she has been residing with me. Her visa got converted to Spouse visa on 27th May 2016. When I submit the CIC application I had given PCC from 27th May 2016 to Present but my PR application got rejected for bring incomplete. Here is the comments provided by CIC

“The Police certificate from India that you provided for your spouse, Moutushi Roy Chowdhury, with your application is not acceptable as it does not cover the full period spent in India. You have indicated in your spouse address history that your spouse resided in India from 2016/01/13 to present”

Post rejection, I got the PCC certificate from 13th Jan 2016 to Present,

However, since her stay in India before that was less than 6 months and hence was not registered with Foreign Registration Office in India. I am facing difficulty in getting the certificate issued from 2nd Jan 2015- 9th Nov 2015. Can you please let me know if I will require the PCC certificate for the above timeframe.
Im a little frightened, as we are in similar situation. My wife has been living mostly in India last 9 years yet the Delhi FRRO only gives PCC for last 9 months (since her last arrival). Their explanation is that her last absence from the country was over 2 months long, thus they cant give a certificate with earlier date. Later we tried to apply for separate periods, but our application was rejected flat out with given reason 'pcc already issued'.
I see no other way than to write a letter of explanation and have fingers and toes crossed.

How were you able to even request multiple certificates? The Delhi FRRO refused our request!

debakalpa

Apr 28, 2018
Im a little frightened, as we are in similar situation. My wife has been living mostly in India last 9 years yet the Delhi FRRO only gives PCC for last 9 months (since her last arrival). Their explanation is that her last absence from the country was over 2 months long, thus they cant give a certificate with earlier date. Later we tried to apply for separate periods, but our application was rejected flat out with given reason 'pcc already issued'.
I see no other way than to write a letter of explanation and have fingers and toes crossed.

How were you able to even request multiple certificates? The Delhi FRRO refused our request!
Please submit a fresh application they will issue it.

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
i dont think explaination will work unless u get a written document from FRO office that they will not issue the certificate
We tried fresh application, it was rejected...
When we were there to discuss in person, the deputy refused to give any written letters. He was pretty rude in fact. we spent at least an hour there.
This is the only proof we were rejected for any further document. I fully intend to submit along with LOE, but unsure if it will suffice.