+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate?express entry

Squidward

Aug 1, 2018
Can I take my own fingerprints on the print card for the FBI identity history or must I take the card to the police station to have it done? There is no professional fingerprinting service in my city unfortunately.

Reactions: darwin900

MASJAF

Oct 16, 2018
Just a question regarding PCC from Uruguay. Were anyone able to obtain Canada PR without Uruguay PCC? i cannot get PCC from Uruguay without Cedula, now i have to submit my PR application . I am planning to give LOE in my PR application, could anyone please share their expertise on this?

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
I guess your case is also bit different due to your wife being gone from country for under 8 weeks at a time. At least in our case, the FRRO officer said the length of her stay abroad (over 8 weeks) is the main reason they wont issue with earlier date.
BUT i hate this feeling of helplessness, because literally we have done everything, but it may not be enough.
I can keep you posted, but we will only hand in our application beginning of August, so it it may take till Sep/Oct to know the outcome.

Hey,
What happened to your application?
I am having the same issue but for different country. My wife was in Qatar for 2 visits, both using on arrival visa. The first visit was a month long and we came back to India (I have qatari residence) for a wedding. For the 2nd visit, there was no exot for my wife as her visa was converted to family visit in a week.

Now the qatari PCC I got is only from the date her residecy was accepted. The qatari police here dont issue pcc for visit/business visas.

My application is already in ip2 (they had requested for my wifes pcc in December as I hadnt uploaded it earlier). And I am scared itc could be rejected anytime unless I wrote a LoE.

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
Hey,
What happened to your application?
I am having the same issue but for different country. My wife was in Qatar for 2 visits, both using on arrival visa. The first visit was a month long and we came back to India (I have qatari residence) for a wedding. For the 2nd visit, there was no exot for my wife as her visa was converted to family visit in a week.

Now the qatari PCC I got is only from the date her residecy was accepted. The qatari police here dont issue pcc for visit/business visas.

My application is already in ip2 (they had requested for my wifes pcc in December as I hadnt uploaded it earlier). And I am scared itc could be rejected anytime unless I wrote a LoE.
we are still waiting for PPR, but have had no ADR requests. On IP2 since November 22nd. I would think it looks quite positive for us. Your scenario seems very reasonable, too. Many countries dont issue a PCC for tourist periods. However, i do feel that LOE with just this same information that you described could not have hurt... Not sure why you didnt submit along with the PCC itself.

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
we are still waiting for PPR, but have had no ADR requests. On IP2 since November 22nd. I would think it looks quite positive for us. Your scenario seems very reasonable, too. Many countries dont issue a PCC for tourist periods. However, i do feel that LOE with just this same information that you described could not have hurt... Not sure why you didnt submit along with the PCC itself.

Well firstly, her 6 months werent over so I hadnt submitted pcc initially until in december cic asked for it. Also she was added at later stage as i got married AFTER AoR.
Another thing is during her submission, we showed she was in qatar from may 23 to present AS TOURIST. Application was submitted in last week of july.
So i think this is why cic asked for pcc cos including the 1 month stay as tourist, its been 6 months for her in qatar now.

As for the LoE: i wasnt even aware of it as qatar pcc is the only pcc that has start date of residency. Uk PCC and Indian pcc dont have that. I was just casually checking qatar related threads that I saw this issue and i realised that my wifes pcc was also dated later.

Did you have to give LoE or did you finally manage to get new PCC with all the periods?

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
Well firstly, her 6 months werent over so I hadnt submitted pcc initially until in december cic asked for it. Also she was added at later stage as i got married AFTER AoR.
Another thing is during her submission, we showed she was in qatar from may 23 to present AS TOURIST. Application was submitted in last week of july.
So i think this is why cic asked for pcc cos including the 1 month stay as tourist, its been 6 months for her in qatar now.

As for the LoE: i wasnt even aware of it as qatar pcc is the only pcc that has start date of residency. Uk PCC and Indian pcc dont have that. I was just casually checking qatar related threads that I saw this issue and i realised that my wifes pcc was also dated later.

Did you have to give LoE or did you finally manage to get new PCC with all the periods?
no, we werent able to secure any different format. Submitted LOE for this, although it seems that the processing guys may be aware of this as its really not one separate incident. From tens of thousands of applications they receive, they are bound to receive several with same issues.

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
no, we werent able to secure any different format. Submitted LOE for this, although it seems that the processing guys may be aware of this as its really not one separate incident. From tens of thousands of applications they receive, they are bound to receive several with same issues.
Yea thats true. The reason I am little nervous is because I have seen lots of threads where people residing in qatar were rejected due to this issue. However in almost all these cases, people didnt realise it in time and didnt submit LoE. So LoE way gives me some hope but man its just delays it so much more
I am April AoR and my application is still not completed due to some reason or the other :(

Dec 24, 2018
Hello All,

I got the invitation in the last draw. I am a citizen of India but currently on 18th Jan I came to Sweden due to a work assignment for appx 5.5 months. My first question is how should I proceed with the PCC from here?
Second wuestion is Its been almost 15 days since I am in Sweden so do I need PCC from Sweden as well??
Any expert advice will resolve my confusion.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello All,

I got the invitation in the last draw. I am a citizen of India but currently on 18th Jan I came to Sweden due to a work assignment for appx 5.5 months. My first question is how should I proceed with the PCC from here?
Second wuestion is Its been almost 15 days since I am in Sweden so do I need PCC from Sweden as well??
Any expert advice will resolve my confusion.
Yes for India and No for Sweden.
You can try and reach out to the Indian consulate in Sweden to ask if they can support with the PCC since you are in Sweden now. https://www.indembassysweden.gov.in/page/police-clearance-certificate/

If they cannot I think then you will need to apply via India https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp

Reactions: arihant_bansal
Dec 24, 2018
Yes for India and No for Sweden.
You can try and reach out to the Indian consulate in Sweden to ask if they can support with the PCC since you are in Sweden now. https://www.indembassysweden.gov.in/page/police-clearance-certificate/

If they cannot I think then you will need to apply via India https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp
Thanks a lot for quick response...if I apply via India then shall I have to travel to India to get it done??

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
Thanks a lot for quick response...if I apply via India then shall I have to travel to India to get it done??
If you are an Indian based overseas you can apply for PCC through Indian High Commission I am sure...Atleast that is how it happens for most other countries.

Reactions: arihant_bansal