Police clearance certificate?express entry

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adrlim said:
Thanks Guys.

Spoke to CIC and they say since both are more than 6 months old, I need new ones. So reapplying again.
Once again they are showing how useless they actually are. That is simply not correct.

As raj stated "For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after last time the applicant lived in that country." The 6 months validity is irrelevant if you're not residing in that country.

LWB

Jan 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2017
AOR Received.
28-06-2017
Hi all. I lived in Canada from 1999-2003 while I was studying. Do I need to get a police certificate for Canada as well? I saw a post from 2015 that said I would not need one since Canada would do their own background checks. Is this still the case?

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
Once again they are showing how useless they actually are. That is simply not correct.

As raj stated "For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after last time the applicant lived in that country." The 6 months validity is irrelevant if you're not residing in that country.
Yeah I know...It's like a wild goose chase. I guess to be on the safe side best to reapply to avoid any complications. I'll just upload the ones I have as well as the application for fresh ones.

Appreciate all the help from all the seniors as always. Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
LWB said:
Hi all. I lived in Canada from 1999-2003 while I was studying. Do I need to get a police certificate for Canada as well? I saw a post from 2015 that said I would not need one since Canada would do their own background checks. Is this still the case?
Correct. You would not have to submit a Canada PCC as a part of your e-APR. Once you have submitted your application and if the officer assessing your application sees a need, then s/he might request you to submit one.

Ramniwas

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI RAJ, PLS SOLVE MY PROBLEM.

I AM LIVING IN DIFFERENT CITY OF MY PERMANENT ADDRESS FROM PAST 8 YEARS BUT IN SAME STATE IN INDIA. NOW,FOR PCC HOW WOULD I APPROACH PASSPORT OFFICE, AS I DON'T HAVE ANY ADDRESS PROOF FOR MY CURRENT ADDRESS OR SHOULD I OBTAIN A PCC WITH MY PERMANENT ADDRESS, ALSO MY PSK IS ALSO DIRRENT FOR BOTH CITIES. PLEASE SUGGEST SOME SOLUTION.

THANKS

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Ramniwas said:
HI RAJ, PLS SOLVE MY PROBLEM.

I AM LIVING IN DIFFERENT CITY OF MY PERMANENT ADDRESS FROM PAST 8 YEARS BUT IN SAME STATE IN INDIA. NOW,FOR PCC HOW WOULD I APPROACH PASSPORT OFFICE, AS I DON'T HAVE ANY ADDRESS PROOF FOR MY CURRENT ADDRESS OR SHOULD I OBTAIN A PCC WITH MY PERMANENT ADDRESS, ALSO MY PSK IS ALSO DIRRENT FOR BOTH CITIES. PLEASE SUGGEST SOME SOLUTION.

THANKS
Then get a proof for your current address. Anything that has an address - Aadhar card, Voter ID, Driving License, Registered rent agreement etc would serve as an address proof. Some people say a bank letter/statement would also serve as POF but I am not sure about that.

Also, from what I have been hearing lately from some applicants on the forum, per the latest regulation changes, if the address on your current PP is not the same as your current residential address, then you have to get the PP renewed first and then you'll get the PCC (earlier, you didn't have to renew the PP).

Visit the PSK website and see what docs you might need.

Ramniwas

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Then get a proof for your current address. Anything that has an address - Aadhar card, Voter ID, Driving License, Registered rent agreement etc would serve as an address proof. Some people say a bank letter/statement would also serve as POF but I am not sure about that.

Also, from what I have been hearing lately from some applicants on the forum, per the latest regulation changes, if the address on your current PP is not the same as your current residential address, then you have to get the PP renewed first and then you'll get the PCC (earlier, you didn't have to renew the PP).

Visit the PSK website and see what docs you might need.

Thanks

But if I apply with my permanent address. Does it work as it doesn't show any address in pcc or it will count as misrepresentation.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Ramniwas said:
Thanks

But if I apply with my permanent address. Does it work as it doesn't show any address in pcc or it will count as misrepresentation.
You have to deal this with the PSK and not IRCC. PSK issued PCCs are accepted by IRCC - no issues there. I was explaining to you what you might need to provide the PSK to get a PCC from them. If your passport was issued more than a year a go, there will likely be a police verification done at the address you mention in the application. If you are not present at the address you mention as your current address, then that might raise eyebrows.

Ramniwas

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
You have to deal this with the PSK and not IRCC. PSK issued PCCs are accepted by IRCC - no issues there. I was explaining to you what you might need to provide the PSK to get a PCC from them. If your passport was issued more than a year a go, there will likely be a police verification done at the address you mention in the application. If you are not present at the address you mention as your current address, then that might raise eyebrows.
Ok thanks for the information

As I can manage that as my parents are living there and this is our permanent address since my great grandfathers birth.

rohitbites

Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys - I applied for PCC from Mumbai PSK on 29th Dec. The police verification was completed on 5th Jan, and they said they'll send it to commissioner's office for stamping and then the file will proceed to RPO.

So, anyone has any idea of how much will it take once the file reaches RPO? :-X

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
Hello guys,
I need some help. I just got an ITA and having confusion regarding the police certs.

Since, I lived at 3-4 addresses (in the same city) after the age of 18 years, would I need to submit PC's for all address or would just a PC from my current address (the last address where I lived at before coming to Canada) would suffice?

Does anyone know of similar cases?

The problem is that the police back home will only give me one PC and that for the duration of my latest address.

Please help. Thanks.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
hasankhan27 said:
Hello guys,
I need some help. I just got an ITA and having confusion regarding the police certs.

Since, I lived at 3-4 addresses (in the same city) after the age of 18 years, would I need to submit PC's for all address or would just a PC from my current address (the last address where I lived at before coming to Canada) would suffice?

Does anyone know of similar cases?

The problem is that the police back home will only give me one PC and that for the duration of my latest address.

Please help. Thanks.
First, you need to post your question in an appropriate way which can be understood.
Where are you currently residing? If it is Canada, then you do not need PCC from Canada.

For all countries where you resided for 6 months or more since the age of 18, you need a PCC from that country. One PCC for one country.

Escobar Gaviria

Oct 10, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
April 17th, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-06-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
One PCC for one country, regardless of number of states/ cities changed in that paticular country?

For example, born and raised till 18 years of age in city A, moved to city B for 6 years, then moved to city C, and currently in there.

Which city to get PCC from?

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Escobar Gaviria said:
One PCC for one country, regardless of number of states/ cities changed in that paticular country?

For example, born and raised till 18 years of age in city A, moved to city B for 6 years, then moved to city C, and currently in there.

Which city to get PCC from?
As long as you have no charges against you in any part of that country, it does not matter where you get it from. If you are from UK, then you need to apply online for UK PCC which is a centralised system for everyone, irrespective of where you reside now.
Yes, once again I will repeat it is one PCC for one country, Period.

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
Hi All,

Is there anybody in the forum who has applied or in the process of applying for FBI PCC from Mumbai. Request you to kindly reply me. I want to know where in Mumbai can I get finger prints done professionally.

Thanks and Regards,
Pavan Kumar Yarala