+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate?express entry

manishsn

Jun 8, 2017
@manishsn I would suggest you decline and wait for another ITA, which will give you the "extension" you're looking for. What is your CRS score?

I have about 60 days left and still haven't received my Indian PCC. I almost submitted my application with the receipt for Indian PCC and after reading this thread and reading How to get a police certificate, I'd rather send in a complete application than an incomplete one.
Our CSR is 450. But I have had a birthday a few day ago which will effect the score by 5-10 points.
1.Also, I am hoping if documents are submitted with mail tracking number to FBI( as a proof of applying for US pcc ) would they process my application and give me about 45days to submit the US pcc ?
2. What are the chances that the CSR score cutoff rise (more than 440) if I decline the application now or my application be rejected for no pcc ?

@rajkamalmohanram I would like ur take on this please.
Thanks

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Raj,

I also have a question about PCC.I spent 4 months in Uganda and 5 months in Zambia. Since IRCC specifies at least 6 months, I hope I don't need to get PCC from Uganda and Zambia?

Many thanks

Yes, your understanding is correct. If the total time spent in any country is 6 months or more (after the applicant is 18 or older), then IRCC expects a PCC from that country.

However, if IRCC sees the need, they might request you to submit a PCC from either of those countries. Nonetheless, you do NOT have to submit it along with your application at this point in time.

fhdahd

Nov 16, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
23-05-2017
Nomination.....
03-04-2017
AOR Received.
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
8-08-2017
hi all,

is it mandatory to mention on the police certificate "for Canadian immigration purpose" as i submit my police certificate whereas its not mention that for what purpose it is, hope so it will not be a cause of my application refusal.

lkarunaratna

Jun 1, 2017
Hi All,

I am trying to apply for a Police Certificate from Sri Lanka (Currently living in USA). Sri Lanka police wants an address which they need to address the the certificate. What would be a good address to submit this to express entry ?

Jun 21, 2017
Guys
I would appreciate if you could answer.

I got my ITA and had my documents ready to go. Only thing left was PCC for my stay in united states and the PCC takes upto 8-10 weeks to procees. I applied for PCC but might not get it in time of 90 days by which i have to apply for the PR.

Can you please suggest what to do?

Regards

fhdahd

Nov 16, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
23-05-2017
Nomination.....
03-04-2017
AOR Received.
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
8-08-2017
Hi All,

I am trying to apply for a Police Certificate from Sri Lanka (Currently living in USA). Sri Lanka police wants an address which they need to address the the certificate. What would be a good address to submit this to express entry ?
canadian immigration office

wyzdr

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
It depends if they tried to take you to court or not. If they did and you didn't appear you may have a conviction against your name. When did you leave this bill unpaid and why did you think this was acceptable?
Hi, senior! I'm worrying about a stay in an African country lasting for a little more than 5 months, till now my AOR is more than 4 months, at mid-may they asked for my travel history upload, and my background is at NA ever since, no further news from them. Because I heard at this forum saying BCNA means your criminality review is finished. Is there still a chance that they ask for this PCC at later stage?

Many thanks in advance!

Jul 6, 2017
Hello Guys!

I have PCC form my first citizenship country from 2006 year! So it's 11 years old ))))
Is it valid now? if I NEVER was in this country after 2006 year and I have another citezenship from 2008 year till now?

Thanks!

Reactions: bijaya

wyzdr

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Hello experts! Would anyone kindly give me some hint, if I'm asked to supplement a PCC, it's going to be obtained and scanned and upload by myself , or it's going to be sent directly by the issuing party? thanks a lot!

bijaya

Feb 24, 2014
Hello everyone, I am currently residing in Canadian province which means I dont need to submit my PCC from Canada.. However PCCs from other countries [India, UK and Nepal] where i resided at some point of my life for more than 6 months including the one from my own native country (Nepal) are 6 months old but i haven't entered any of these countries after I collected the PCCs...Are they acceptable or I need to get a new PCC for the country of my citizenship i.e. Nepal.............

rkaushik

Apr 22, 2015
Hey all ,
I got an ITA (invitation to apply) for Canadian PR on April 5th with a window period of 90 days. I have all documents ready except for PCC from one of the two countries I lived in (which is USA, also currently in USA).
I applied for the PCC in USA on the 65th day(25days before the 90day period) but looks like it will take longer than 60days to receive it.
1.)Can I still go ahead, accept and apply the ITA application online stating that I applied for the PCC(with a proof)?
2.)DO you think I can get an extension of 40-50day after I submit around the 85thday(5days before the deadline)?
3.) What would you suggest I do? ...... Like: Decline ITA so it goes back in pool, that way I can get time to get pcc.
Hi manishsn, I am in the same situation. Got ITA on 31st May, PCC application delivered to FBI address on 26th June. Now I have 56 days left to submit the application. I am not sure if the report will be delivered in 8 weeks time. What did you decide- submitted the application without FBI PCC or declining it?

Thanks!

nessacanada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
Hello experts! Would anyone kindly give me some hint, if I'm asked to supplement a PCC, it's going to be obtained and scanned and upload by myself , or it's going to be sent directly by the issuing party? thanks a lot!
you need to scan the PCC and upload it onto the cic website in your profile.

Reactions: wyzdr

echi1985

Jul 9, 2017
Hi, all,
I would appreciate if anyone could answer.
I am a Chinese and currently live in USA. I got my PCC for China during my last short visit to China. I went back to China at last December for only one month, during which I applied for PCC and got it, then I came back to USA.
The question is:
CIC states:
If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory
However, this PCC was issued during my last short live in China rather than after. Can I use this PCC? or I have to apply for a new one?
Thanks again for your kind help!