+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police check time if not in Canada

nefirious

Aug 5, 2012
Hello people, I have a situation here where my wife is in my home country and I am in Canada. Our Medical examination is over. I was wondering, if my wife is in her home country, so does that mean the criminal background check may take longer than the normal processing times ? Do you think sending my Police clearance from my province and police clearance for my wife from back home would speed up the process ? Or should I wait for the visa office to ask me to send my police clearance ? I know everyone has been waiting for a long time, but me and my wife have been away from each other since last 8 months and can't wait to see each other. . . .

Any feedback would be appreciated..

Thanks..

Lennon

Apr 9, 2013
Hi,

I am in Canada awaiting my PR.i am applying via the PNP route.i have been in Canada since 2010. I did not send my police clearance with my original application as this was optional at the time.

I wanted it to be the most up-to date as it possible could. So I would not have to re-do it as so many people have had to do on here, as they expire after a year.

I waited for cic to contact me requesting this.They informed that I would only need a Pcc from my home country.So in that regards it is up to them what they want from you. They may not want a RCMP check and finger prints from you, maybe just a Pcc from your home country...or they could ask for both.In regards to your wife she would need just her home country Pcc. Unless either of you have spent more than 6 months in another country, and then you would need a police clearance certificate from that country also.

Would it speed up the process if you just sent them in.....maybe but only a week or so at most.also depends how long your home country takes to process the Pcc form.Mine took 10 working days to get back to me.

Hope this makes sense, and good luck.

nefirious

Aug 5, 2012
Greetings Lennon...

Thanks for the information. I think what you said makes quite a lot of sense to me. But I have heard that usually, it takes time for the background check if you have lived in more than one country for more than 6 months. In my case I have only lived in my home country besides Canada, and my wife has never travelled outside the country. I have also heard that it takes a lot of time after the concerned visa office receives medical results. They do their own background check through their sources, which is why it takes time I believe.

Also, are PNP applications fast tracked for applicants who are already in Canada ? Does it differ from province to province or is it all randomly done ?

Lennon, how long have you been waiting now ? Are you waiting for a PPR ?

Lennon

Apr 9, 2013
I am in the January 2013 batch.there is a group on here that Sirat started .He runs it very well, and updates the tracking sheet as often as people pass o. The info.

You should take a look at it.I wil give you a rough guess of other people's timelines.

I have been here since 2010 on a few work permits and applied for PNP in 2011 and when my application was granted I started the federal process in jan 2013.medicals where asked for in February.

arif.jabbar

Feb 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Neforious,

I apologize I can't answer your pm previously. Well, let me tell you some interesting facts which i found;

in 80% cases, the 'app recd' status changes to 'in process' between 80-90 days, if you have sent app to cpp-ottawa. Also, if you are inside canada, spouse outside canada, it doesn't matter.

pcc is required once background check starts, background check starts once criminality is done. criminality starts the day u receive AOR. it doesn't matter when u did you med/or received by visa office.

to summarize;
AOR = app recd
AOR + 90 days = in process
in process + 45 days = PPR
PPR + 30 days = decision made

Since, 25 july 2013, i have seen no ecas has been updated to decision made/ppr/in process and dnt know why. May be it due to strike, as I have heard they have a hearing on 22 Aug.