+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police check from Spain

Marseluhu

Jan 13, 2021
Hi,
I applied for family sponsorship outland and just got the letter, asking for my police check from Spain (I lived there almost 2 years).
I checked the links, they provided and unfortunately it can't be found. Then I did a little search and found in Spanish website, but unfortunately everything seems unclear. What I found was that I have to sent by post, form 790 filled. But where I should send, where I should pay and how (I don't live there), then I should ask to send it back to me, or directly into Canada or in Ankara? I am so confused.
Can someone share their experiences, what I can do in this situation?
Thank you in advance

nubeado

May 21, 2021
You have to go to the embasy/consulate in the consulate they will help you out. The documents have to be legalized. That means that a simple copy of your passport is not valid. So if you do it yourself you will probably never get a response.

Abiep

Aug 19, 2021
You have to go to the embasy/consulate in the consulate they will help you out. The documents have to be legalized. That means that a simple copy of your passport is not valid. So if you do it yourself you will probably never get a response.
I am facing a similar problem.
I don't live in Spain anymore. I am confused that in form 790 do I have to write the address that I lived at in Spain or my current address.
Could you please help me with that?

nubeado

May 21, 2021
I am facing a similar problem.
I don't live in Spain anymore. I am confused that in form 790 do I have to write the address that I lived at in Spain or my current address.
Could you please help me with that?
Current address.

nubeado

May 21, 2021
And what about a notary code that is asked for in the form. I do not understand what that is.
You dont have to fill that out, just till #32 and then signature an money. The same form is used for multiple purposes. You can leave #33 til the signature blank.

Abiep

Aug 19, 2021
I see!
But this specific code has been asked in #16
'CODIGO DE LA OFICIANA NOTARIAL' What to do in this case?

nubeado

May 21, 2021
I see!
But this specific code has been asked in #16
'CODIGO DE LA OFICIANA NOTARIAL' What to do in this case?
cumplimentar exclusivamente por los notarios en los certificados solicitados por
éstos

Same thing blank, only to fill if that is a notary the one that is requesting the information. Usually for deaths..

leavrole

Nov 6, 2021
was anyone able to successfully get police certificate in person directly in spain?
what was the steps taken to go about that?

thanks

nubeado

May 21, 2021
was anyone able to successfully get police certificate in person directly in spain?
what was the steps taken to go about that?

thanks
Yep many times, in person is easy. If you live in Madrid you go to the office that is next to Sol. Calle bolsa. The only thing is that you have to go to the bank first to pay the fee with the document filled. Without that they will not do it you can't pay there.

Lorena2021

Sep 4, 2020
I got mine doing this. It’s a little complex.
first you go to the Spain consulate and ask them to legalize the copy of your passport. Then if you check in the website , you have to send the copy to the ministery of justice in calle bolsa #8. You have to pay a fee in a bank transfer on euros. Is like 10 euros . And send the receipt with the copy of your passport that has been legalized by the consul. ( the whole thing cost me like 6 dollars and he sign it and legalize it in 10 min) . Then you go to FedEx, you need to open an account to FedEx by phone and have an account number to have a prepaid envelope that you send the documents on, then when they process your police certificate, they will use the same envelope to send it back to you. Mine took 7 days to get it and cost like $250 the whole prepaid envelope.

bkikram

Jul 16, 2021
I got mine doing this. It’s a little complex. first you go to the Spain consulate and ask them to legalize the copy of your passport. Then if you check in the website , you have to send the copy to the ministery of justice in calle bolsa #8. You have to pay a fee in a bank transfer on euros. Is like 10 euros . And send the receipt with the copy of your passport that has been legalized by the consul. ( the whole thing cost me like 6 dollars and he sign it and legalize it in 10 min) . Then you go to FedEx, you need to open an account to FedEx by phone and have an account number to have a prepaid envelope that you send the documents on, then when they process your police certificate, they will use the same envelope to send it back to you. Mine took 7 days to get it and cost like $250 the whole prepaid envelope.

Hi, Thank you for sharing these valuable details. I too, need to apply for a police clearance, and have ticked most of the items that you have listed here. However, the instructions page on this form, indicates that if the certificate is to be used abroad, then it needs to be legalized/apostilled.
Based on your experience, is this something that is done on their part within the process of issuing the certificate? Or did you have to take extra steps (e.g. sending it first to their Ministry of exterior etc...) before receiving it, to be considered valid by the IRCC?

Thank you in advance,
Ikram