+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police check for canada from outside canada?

Julia123

Star Member
Sep 3, 2012
Hi,

Can my friend get a police certificate Canada from outside canada? or do they need fingerprint Police certificate for outland Sponsorship Common Law?
How long does it take?

and what is the best way to send the hole Aplicationpackage ... I don't think the postoffice is the real thing?
what if all gets lost?

thanks

irvah

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Vancouver, BC
For immigration purposes your friend needs RCMP police certificate (with fingerprints).

RCMP does not work with foreigners directly. Your friend may contact any of accredited fingerprints companies, get forms from them, get fingerprints done at local police office and send it to Canada. Here accredited company will convert fingerprints to digital format, and transfer it to RCMP. RCMP will send certificate directly to the address your friend indicates in the request form.

Please refer to:
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/who-can-conduct-criminal-record-check#ac

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. CIC do criminal check in Canada by themselves.
if you lived in foreign country for more than 6 month, you need to send a police certificate of that country.

I applied for outland app and sent a police certificate in my home country.
I did not send Canadian police check certificate (lived in canada more than 6 months)

2. I sent off through post office with registered mail (tracking no. )
if you want to send through more secure way , you can use UPS or DHL etc.

zimper

May 16, 2015
May applicants ano na po balita? Sakin last august pa sila nag ask ng additional documents hanggang ngayon wala pang ppr.. any idea guys??