+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate

Rister

Jan 30, 2011
I need to get the police certificate and I check the Cic page and theres a way to get it by the canadian embassy in Mexico... Does anyone do like this before?

Valhalla

Star Member
May 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May/12/2011
LANDED..........
AUG/23/2012
Are you in mexico??? Then just go to your local police station with one picture of you.

Valhalla

Star Member
May 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May/12/2011
LANDED..........
AUG/23/2012
I guess you are talking about the INFORME DE DATOS REGISTRALES.

Im sorry, i cant help you, i am in canada too and i didnt get a Federal Police Certificate from Mexico, i only got sent the State Police Certificate. I aleady sent our app. and i am gonna wait if they request it then i will get it too, but seems pretty simple, just the three sets of fingerprints thing is a craziness.

Good Luck.

tita

Jun 8, 2010
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 july 2010
Med's Done....
july 2010
Hi rister! i just sent my request for police certificates to the embassy of canada in Mexico, i did what the website says, im inland too in canada and what i did is :

for the informe de datos registrales (federak police certificate)
sent the 3 sets of firngerprints ink type
the pictures they ask in the website
the letter of AIP (it says in the letter you need to send a copy)
and quote my file, centre of processing, client # and name, birth date
i did also added (not exactly necessary) the request for police certificate (that is included in your application package)

i sent all to the embassy of canada in canada
the only thing with this is that i really dont have a way to comfirm they received only the UPS confirmation, but ill be calling to cic canada in a couple of days just to figure out if they already send it to vegreville here

For the state police certificate, i went to the mexican consulado
and i bring all the papers they request, they gave me a letter made for the consul and the stamped all my papers, whit that in hand i sent it all together to my dad who is going to do that in mexico in the state which i was living for me. then hes gonna send it back to me, ill go to translate in english and then sent it to vegreville.

the people at the consulado de Mexico say that for the state police certificate they help you, but for the federal certificate is better to do it like the website of cic says. and thats what i did.

I know all this sounds like a pain,and it is, but is whorty after all we already did! and for all that is coming next to our loved ones!

check the consulado de mexico en google and where says documentacion a mexicanos, search "antecedentes registrales" thats for the police certificates.

God Bless you!
tita

F

Fernandita

Thanks for the reply, I think im going to send the papiers next week...

tita

Jun 8, 2010
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 july 2010
Med's Done....
july 2010
just want to add some information to the one i did before.

for the state police certificate they asked to my dad 3 pictures from the front and 3 from the right even when the consulado only ask for one each. so consider this when you send the papers, they said is because the keep some for their files.

and also make sure you write the exact name of the place where you ask for the carta de antecedentes no penales, i write down PGJ thats what the consulado told me , and they told my dad the name of that place was diferent.
oh beautiful mexico how much i dont miss your burocracy.... but how much i miss your food,people and temperature :)

Valhalla

Star Member
May 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May/12/2011
LANDED..........
AUG/23/2012
tita said:
oh beautiful mexico how much i dont miss your burocracy.... but how much i miss your food,people and temperature :)

Tell me about it, but you are almost done with this process, soon you ll be able to see your family and friends and enjoy of enchiladas, tostadas, tortas, sopes, menudo, posole...all this accompanied with a cold victoria.... good luck ;D.

dorely

Aug 9, 2011
Hi Fernandita,

I am trying to decide whether to apply for the federal police certificate from canada or go to mexico. The embassy sent me a letter asking for informe de datos registrales. Did you do it that way and if so how long did it take? I've been told different things on how long it takes. But that it takes longer than constancia antecedentes.

If I want to go DF and get my constancia antecedentes. I believe I need to contact the embassy so that they can send me a different letter.

Thanks