+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marmaliade said:
where should be a police sertificate submitted CIO or VO?
Check this:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/do-not-send-police-certificate-to-cio-sydney-t49617.0.html

marmaliade

Jul 27, 2010
Thanks, so it's best to get it when you're application is being finalized, am i right? How much time do they give you to get it?

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marmaliade said:
Thanks, so it's best to get it when you're application is being finalized, am i right? How much time do they give you to get it?
When you get your AOR, start the process. Normally it takes anywhere between 15-45 days to get a PCC depending on your Country.
Since the new process (post 26 June) is still in very early stages, it's difficult to predict the time-lines.

Wait & watch....

marmaliade

Jul 27, 2010
But I just opened my VO specific instructions and and in the checklist I can see police certificates and clearance. what is that suppose to mean?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Read the application instructions carefully p. 39-40, there is no point copying the full instructions here.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf

Sachin11

Star Member
May 4, 2010
Hi Yukon

Thanks for your valuable explanations which are helping everyone.

Can you advise those who have just submitted their applications to CIO with original PCC. Like in my case, my application reached to CIO on 26th July 2010.

We will have to provide a new PCC to VO if we get approval from CIO as I read in one of your post that visa should be issued before the expiry of this certificate.

Pls give your inputs.

Sachin

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
Sachin11 said:
Hi Yukon

Can you advise those who have just submitted their applications to CIO with original PCC. Like in my case, my application reached to CIO on 26th July 2010.

We will have to provide a new PCC to VO if we get approval from CIO as I read in one of your post that visa should be issued before the expiry of this certificate.

Pls give your inputs.

Sachin
I did mail my PCCs as well, at that time instructions were valid and required PCCs to be mailed with the entire package. Let's see what seniors think about this case

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sachin11 said:
Hi Yukon

Pls give your inputs.

Sachin
Hello Sachin,

Thanks for the compliment.

It's early to say what will happen since post 26 June applicants haven't experienced that stage yet. However logically as per the new instruction guide, it seems that you may have to get a new PCC later for the VO.
Wait & watch.

Regards,
Yukon

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Coffee said:
I did mail my PCCs as well, at that time instructions were valid and required PCCs to be mailed with the entire package. Let's see what seniors think about this case
Sending more is no harm. Since at that time it was mandatory to send PCC's, you did the right thing.
However later the VO may request for current PCC before taking a decision.

canada121

Apr 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/08/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
I also send my original PCCs (on 30th July) to CIO

They were asked then.

If VO asks for PCC again, I'll need to provide them (but arent PCC valid for 12 months after they are submitted?)

Cheers!!

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada121 said:
I also send my original PCCs (on 30th July) to CIO

They were asked then.

If VO asks for PCC again, I'll need to provide them (but arent PCC valid for 12 months after they are submitted?)

Cheers!!
Yes 12 months, but not more then 3 months from the time you submit to the VO.
3 months time is for VO NOT CIO.
You haven't submitted you PCC to VO, so your 12 months do not count as of now.