Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
04-07-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
It took me longer than I thought to complete my PR application (gathering documents), so now my police certificates are 4 months old :( (and the rules say that they shouldn't be older than 3 months)

Then I read the CEC application guide and it says that one has to provide certificates for the last 10 years if one lived outside Canada for more than CONSECUTIVE 6 months.

Well, I have been a temporary resident in Canada 9 years and 10 months (2 more months and I will have 10 years!!), and I have never been outside Canada for more than a month or two per year. My question is, given that it may take a month for an officer to see my application, and normally for the initial AOR they do not look into police certificates (that's why, in principle, one can submit police certificates at a later time, after CIC acknowledges that they received my documents and they are in good standing) , should I explain my situation in a letter (that I will have 10 years in Canada in 2 months since I submitted my application), send my application as it is now (asap) , or perhaps write that letter and also send my 4-month old police certificate, just in case?....

What do you guys think?

The issue is, that it is a pain in the a$$ to get them from my country. If one is not in person there, it takes months to get the certificate, then one has to translate them and maybe spending more time and money for the certified translation!!.

I may need an AOR asap, as I may go unemployed in the next couple of months (I've seen layoffs all around the company, I may be next), so having an open WP may help a lot!!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
You can go ahead and apply with the old police clearances, that will not prevent CIC from doing a preliminary assessment of your eligibility and issuing the AOR - then you would be able to apply for the BOWP.

You can submit a written explanation with the clearances, saying you aren't sure if they are required in your situation (given how long you have already been in Canada).

Then you have two choices - hope that CIC doesn't request a new one (it is possible), or get started on obtaining a new police clearance. I would personally recommend the latter to be on the safe side, though you might want to wait on the translation part....

nandoU

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
04-07-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
thanks buddy...I have written a letter explaining this and now I'm ready to submit.

Now, when you say I should be ready to submit new police certificates, do you mean that they won't give me more than a couple of days to gather them?

Cheers

kingofqueens

Star Member
Apr 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Request
27-05-2013
Med's Done....
31-05-2013
Passport Req..
20-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2013
LANDED..........
08-07-2013
nandoU said:
thanks buddy...I have written a letter explaining this and now I'm ready to submit.

Now, when you say I should be ready to submit new police certificates, do you mean that they won't give me more than a couple of days to gather them?

Cheers
another way to handle this situation would be to apply for PR, in the mean time obtain your PCC's
As soon as you get your PCC send the PCC to CIC even before they ask.

I submitted my PR application with out PCC's. Once i obtained the PCC i sent the original PCC to CIC.
After a week i sent a email requesting confirmation of receipt of PCC. they replied positively within two days.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
nandoU said:
They usually give you 60 days to submit them. If you think you can acquire a new one (and the certified translation) within 60 days, you could wait. But remember, those 60 days will add on to your processing time...