+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate with pending case

rocco012

Oct 23, 2017
Hi everybody
I live in British Columbia. I've been charged with sexual assault in November 2015. No letter from.court. no fingerprints nothing. I never went to police station or police never ask for me. But there's pending case come up with police certificate. Should I just upload it and wait for result. or any suggestions?

rocco012

Oct 23, 2017
Im about to submit ny application within couple of days. I have the final rcmp certificate to upload. but theres sn additional document Showing pending case.Will it be okay not to upload it?

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Im about to submit ny application within couple of days. I have the final rcmp certificate to upload. but theres sn additional document Showing pending case.Will it be okay not to upload it?
Would be advisable to seek the guidance of an Immigration Lawyer on this. Sexual assault is a pretty serious crime. Good luck.

prdgo

Oct 8, 2015
Hi rocco012,

I am in the same boat like you. My sexual assault charge was stayed ( not pleaded guilty) by crown in January 2016. I am planning to apply for open work permit and PR after finish my studies. I was able to extend my study permit after my charge was stayed. I was worrying how this stayed charge will effect the work permit and PR in future. How is your things going on. Did you get PR. Your inputs will be greatly appreciated

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
No. You should upload everything. They can easily find out your case during background check. By hiding it you are creating a case of misrepresentation for yourself.

rocco012

Oct 23, 2017
Hi rocco012,

I am in the same boat like you. My sexual assault charge was stayed ( not pleaded guilty) by crown in January 2016. I am planning to apply for open work permit and PR after finish my studies. I was able to extend my study permit after my charge was stayed. I was worrying how this stayed charge will effect the work permit and PR in future. How is your things going on. Did you get PR. Your inputs will be greatly appreciated
Hi
For your work permit there will be no problem at all.

Did you receive charge letter?
How about fingerprints taken by rcmp?

rocco012

Oct 23, 2017
No. You should upload everything. They can easily find out your case during background check. By hiding it you are creating a case of misrepresentation for yourself.
I've never been officially charged. RCMP tried to find proof but everything was in my favor that I didnt do anything wrong.
And I don't know what's gonna happen. God help us all.

There may be good news. Im at IP2.
I think my background check is completed.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I've never been officially charged. RCMP tried to find proof but everything was in my favor that I didnt do anything wrong.
And I don't know what's gonna happen. God help us all.

There may be good news. Im at IP2.
I think my background check is completed.
did you upload both pages then?

prdgo

Oct 8, 2015
Hi
For your work permit there will be no problem at all.

Did you receive charge letter?
How about fingerprints taken by rcmp?
Yes, i did receive the letter from the court, the later stated that i was charged with the crime under section.....Later i hired the lawyer and he reviewed the case and fought with the crown to withdraw the false charges. After couple of weeks, the crown stayed (dropped) the charges. Finally, i received a letters from court and my lawyer, both letters stated that i am not pleaded guilty to the charge registered on me and there is no process of finding guilty registered against me. Final dispostion of the charges : stay of proceeding by crown.

Regarding to the fingerprints, I have attended the court couple of times. either court or police never requested me to submit fingerprints. So did not submit either fingerprints or mugshot.

Is it possible to get the PCC or RCMP report to know about the charges ? how to get those reports ?

rocco012

Oct 23, 2017
you will be fine.
Just apply for clearance and when you upload the documents make sure to upload the letter from crown

prdgo

Oct 8, 2015
you will be fine.
Just apply for clearance and when you upload the documents make sure to upload the letter from crown
What about your charges? even though you have negative fingerprints check on RCMP file, how the pending charges are showing up in your file ? What will show up when i request for PCC or RCMP check ? any suggestions please