+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate: Original OR Scanned Copy ???

InGodITrust

Star Member
Apr 10, 2016
Hi All,

I received the following police certificate request back in March:

"We are continuing to review your application for admission to Canada. We require an updated original Police Certificate for you and your members of your family who are 18 years of age or older.

Please note: The above information/documents must be received within 60 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information that was provided with your application and your application could be rejected. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account.

If the issuing authority procedure is to send the police certificate directly to the IRCC office, please refer them to the following address.

If the documents are not already in English or French, all documents must be accompanied by English or French translations by certified translators. When original documents are requested, you must send original documents. We do not accept copies signed by notaries."

Based on the above, I scanned and uploaded the police certificate to MyCIC account as requested.

Now, I'm still awaiting the outcome of my PR application. However, this waiting game is making me think too much! (which I hate the most about this process), and all of a sudden I started thinking what if they were requesting for the ORIGINAL certificate not a scanned copy? I highlighted the words in the letter above that made me confused about this. I mean first they ask for an original, then they said I have to upload it to MyCIC, but again they mentioned if original is requested they don't accept copies! So based on your experiences and IRCC letter mentioned above, did I do the right thing? Or was I supposed to send the ORIGINAL document instead to them?

Your urgent advice will be highly appreciated, thanks.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
InGodITrust said:
Hi All,

I received the following police certificate request back in March:

"We are continuing to review your application for admission to Canada. We require an updated original Police Certificate for you and your members of your family who are 18 years of age or older.

Please note: The above information/documents must be received within 60 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information that was provided with your application and your application could be rejected. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account.

If the issuing authority procedure is to send the police certificate directly to the IRCC office, please refer them to the following address.

If the documents are not already in English or French, all documents must be accompanied by English or French translations by certified translators. When original documents are requested, you must send original documents. We do not accept copies signed by notaries."

Based on the above, I scanned and uploaded the police certificate to MyCIC account as requested.

Now, I'm still awaiting the outcome of my PR application. However, this waiting game is making me think too much! (which I hate the most about this process), and all of a sudden I started thinking what if they were requesting for the ORIGINAL certificate not a scanned copy? I highlighted the words in the letter above that made me confused about this. I mean first they ask for an original, then they said I have to upload it to MyCIC, but again they mentioned if original is requested they don't accept copies! So based on your experiences and IRCC letter mentioned above, did I do the right thing? Or was I supposed to send the ORIGINAL document instead to them?

Your urgent advice will be highly appreciated, thanks.
You've done the right thing. You scanned the original and uploaded just like they asked. They do not need a hard copy unless your police authority only releases the certificates directly to IRCC. Which clearly is not the case with you. So nothing to worry about.

InGodITrust

Star Member
Apr 10, 2016
Tocanadawego said:
You've done the right thing. You scanned the original and uploaded just like they asked. They do not need a hard copy unless your police authority only releases the certificates directly to IRCC. Which clearly is not the case with you. So nothing to worry about.
Thanks a bunch!

Kickboxing

May 13, 2017
Dear,

I have a question:

Will at any time we will be asked to produce original documnets ( during landing process or before ) which were uploaded in our eAPR?

"Why i ask this question because i am residing in KSA and i need a PCC from Dubai. The procedure is that i have to do the PCC in saudi and send it to Dubai police but Dubai police retains this PCC Saudi and will give me a PCC Dubai only. So at the end, i will not have the original PCC from Saudi with me but legally i have done it already. Nevertheless, I will surely make relevant translations and scan copy of the original PCC from Saudi and then send it to Dubai Police. I am planning to mention this piece of information in LOE"

Your expert advise please.Thanks

Buddhikakau

Apr 14, 2021
Dear,

I have a question:

Will at any time we will be asked to produce original documnets ( during landing process or before ) which were uploaded in our eAPR?

"Why i ask this question because i am residing in KSA and i need a PCC from Dubai. The procedure is that i have to do the PCC in saudi and send it to Dubai police but Dubai police retains this PCC Saudi and will give me a PCC Dubai only. So at the end, i will not have the original PCC from Saudi with me but legally i have done it already. Nevertheless, I will surely make relevant translations and scan copy of the original PCC from Saudi and then send it to Dubai Police. I am planning to mention this piece of information in LOE"

Your expert advise please.Thanks
Could anyone can answer this please