+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate - Mexico

MartArr09

Jan 8, 2024
Hello everyone.

My wife and I are currently working on obtaining our PR and we submitted our documents on July 19, 2023.

Given that we are Mexican citizens, we had to wait for IRCC to send a request letter asking us to provide the Police Certificate.

We received said letter on October 23, and we sent our documents to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico on November 14, which they received on November 16.

On November 20 we received another letter requesting the Police Certificate again, and this time we were given 90 days to do so (on the original letter we were only given 30 days).

Has anyone here received the request letter twice? What does it mean? Do we need to send our documents to the Embassy again?

Reactions: adel Bg

Edilbertolg

Feb 11, 2023
No idea.. I submitted my documents to the embassy on November 10th. I haven't heard from them. Do you have any updates?

MartArr09

Jan 8, 2024
No idea.. I submitted my documents to the embassy on November 10th. I haven't heard from them. Do you have any updates?
Yes, after multiple calls I was able to talk to an IRCC agent who informed me that the first letter was sent by a primary office and the second letter was sent by a secondary office.

As of today, we have not heard anything from the embassy, and the deadline is February 20, so I will be requesting and extension via webform.

Edilbertolg

Feb 11, 2023
As I said before I sent my documents to the embassy. two weeks later, I got this email:

Good day,

**Do not reply to this message**
This is to acknowledge receipt of the documents sent to our office for the Mexican Police Certificate process.
Our office will review the documents and will contact you only if we require additional documents or information.
Please note that our office cannot provide you with an update of case status by email.
Once received, the Police Certificate results will be uploaded directly into your application.
As this process is entirely within the Mexican authorities’ jurisdiction, the Embassy of Canada regrets being unable to provide you with a timeframe for the completion of this process.
For the moment, no further action is required on your part.

Regards | Cordialement,
Immigration section | Section d'immigration
Embassy of Canada, Mexico | Ambassade du Canada, Mexico
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193
Col. Granada
11520, CDMX.
www.mexico.gc.ca
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

Reactions: adel Bg

adel Bg

Feb 27, 2024
Hi, Did you receive your PCC ?, please could you help for FGP? Where did you do your FGP? In my country, it is so difficult to obtain FGP.

As I said before I sent my documents to the embassy. two weeks later, I got this email:

Good day,

This is to acknowledge receipt of the documents sent to our office for the Mexican Police Certificate process.
Our office will review the documents and will contact you only if we require additional documents or information.
Please note that our office cannot provide you with an update of case status by email.
Once received, the Police Certificate results will be uploaded directly into your application.
As this process is entirely within the Mexican authorities’ jurisdiction, the Embassy of Canada regrets being unable to provide you with a timeframe for the completion of this process.

Regards | Cordialement,
Embassy of Canada, Mexico | Ambassade du Canada, Mexico
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193
Col. Granada
11520, CDMX.
www.mexico.gc.ca
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

MartArr09

Jan 8, 2024
Any news?
Yes, I sent an email to the Canadian embassy on Feb 7, asking if they could provide an update regarding the PCC. They sent me an email on Feb 25, saying the following:

This is to acknowledge receipt of the Mexican Police Certificate results. These will be uploaded directly into your application.

Our office will contact you should we require additional documents or information.

Thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Regards | Cordialement,
Embassy of Canada, Mexico | Ambassade du Canada, Mexico”

In total, it took around 70 business days, or just a little over 3 months, for the certificate to be uploaded.

Reactions: Edilbertolg

Edilbertolg

Feb 11, 2023
Yes, I sent an email to the Canadian embassy on Feb 7, asking if they could provide an update regarding the PCC. They sent me an email on Feb 25, saying the following:

This is to acknowledge receipt of the Mexican Police Certificate results. These will be uploaded directly into your application.

Our office will contact you should we require additional documents or information.

Thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Regards | Cordialement,
Embassy of Canada, Mexico | Ambassade du Canada, Mexico”

In total, it took around 70 business days, or just a little over 3 months, for the certificate to be uploaded.
Im pretty sure you are super close to get your PR. can you please share the template of the email you sent to the embassy? I would like to send one. The last time I asked, they replied the same thing:
Good day,

This is to acknowledge receipt of the documents sent to our office for the Mexican Police Certificate process........ bla bla bla

On the other Hand, can I contact you using whats app? for quicker communication? 8 0 7 6 2 0 8 2 0 4 Gracias!

MartArr09

Jan 8, 2024
Im pretty sure you are super close to get your PR. can you please share the template of the email you sent to the embassy? I would like to send one. The last time I asked, they replied the same thing:
Good day,

This is to acknowledge receipt of the documents sent to our office for the Mexican Police Certificate process........ bla bla bla

On the other Hand, can I contact you using whats app? for quicker communication? 8 0 7 6 2 0 8 2 0 4 Gracias!
I gave the embassy as much information as I could:

Good day,

My name is X. I am a Mexican citizen who currently resides in Canada and has applied to obtain Permanent Residency.

As per IRCC's instructions, I sent my fingerprints, photos, and other documents to the Embassy on (date), so the Police Certificate could be requested from the FGR in Mexico.

According to the tracking information, the documents were received on (date), however, I have not received any news since then.

Can you please confirm that the Police Certificate has been requested to the FGR?

My information would be as follows:

• (Name)
  • (Birthday)
  • PR application number
  • UCI
  • Passport number
  • Name of the Case Processing Office”
I also attached the letter that IRCC sent me requesting the Police Certificate and a screenshot of the FedEx website showing that the documents had been received.

Edilbertolg

Feb 11, 2023
I gave the embassy as much information as I could:

Good day,

My name is X. I am a Mexican citizen who currently resides in Canada and has applied to obtain Permanent Residency.

As per IRCC's instructions, I sent my fingerprints, photos, and other documents to the Embassy on (date), so the Police Certificate could be requested from the FGR in Mexico.

According to the tracking information, the documents were received on (date), however, I have not received any news since then.

Can you please confirm that the Police Certificate has been requested to the FGR?

My information would be as follows:

• (Name)
  • (Birthday)
  • PR application number
  • UCI
  • Passport number
  • Name of the Case Processing Office”
I also attached the letter that IRCC sent me requesting the Police Certificate and a screenshot of the FedEx website showing that the documents had been received.
Muchas Gracias. I will use this template !!!!

rahulpawar

Feb 23, 2024
I'm also in the same process, I had sent first package in November but the Embassy rejected it saying photographs should be without facial hair.
I have resent the documents to the Embassy in Jan 1st week, they responded to my mail acknowledging the receipt of documents, now IRCC gave me new deadline to get the police certificate submitted - i.e before the end of this week.

Have sent multiple emails to the Embassy enquiring on status, but still waiting for them to respond.

Reactions: Edilbertolg

Edilbertolg

Feb 11, 2023
I'm also in the same process, I had sent first package in November but the Embassy rejected it saying photographs should be without facial hair.
I have resent the documents to the Embassy in Jan 1st week, they responded to my mail acknowledging the receipt of documents, now IRCC gave me new deadline to get the police certificate submitted - i.e before the end of this week.

Have sent multiple emails to the Embassy enquiring on status, but still waiting for them to respond.
Are you Mexican as well?? when did they respond l acknowledging the receipt of documents,???