+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate Mexico - Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales

mmartz1

Jun 22, 2017
Hi again, also, What was your additional document status showing before getting PPR ( We don't need additional documents or your additional documents are being reviewed) ?
Thanks for your help!
The additional documents status was "additional documents are being reviewed" before i got the PPR and It's still showing that, apparently it changes to "Approved" once the COPR has been printed. I emailed them on September 18 asking for an extension for the deadline to submit my Mexican Police Certificate because the deadline they gave me was September 19th, and since the Canadian Embassy in Mexico requested it on my behalf on August 11th, I assumed it was going to take at least one more month to be sent to CIC, but that same day they replied saying they actually received it on September 5, and that they uploaded it to my online application profile. That same day in the evening (September 18) the status from the additional documents box changed to "additional documents have been uploaded. The next morning, on September 19, the status changed to "additional documents are being reviewed", then that same day in the evening, I got the PPR.

AC87

Jun 5, 2017
The additional documents status was "additional documents are being reviewed" before i got the PPR and It's still showing that, apparently it changes to "Approved" once the COPR has been printed. I emailed them on September 18 asking for an extension for the deadline to submit my Mexican Police Certificate because the deadline they gave me was September 19th, and since the Canadian Embassy in Mexico requested it on my behalf on August 11th, I assumed it was going to take at least one more month to be sent to CIC, but that same day they replied saying they actually received it on September 5, and that they uploaded it to my online application profile. That same day in the evening (September 18) the status from the additional documents box changed to "additional documents have been uploaded. The next morning, on September 19, the status changed to "additional documents are being reviewed", then that same day in the evening, I got the PPR.
you are so lucky I've been waiting for 2 months, the Canadian embassy advise me they sent my background check on July 21st, a couple of days later the status changed to "additional documents are being reviewed" but nothing since then, I am desperate because if I tried to call there is no one who I can ask if my application is ok, the machine always answers :(

mmartz1

Jun 22, 2017
you are so lucky I've been waiting for 2 months, the Canadian embassy advise me they sent my background check on July 21st, a couple of days later the status changed to "additional documents are being reviewed" but nothing since then, I am desperate because if I tried to call there is no one who I can ask if my application is ok, the machine always answers :(
Also, as an IMPORTANT NOTE: the PPR comes to the email address you provided in your application. IT WILL NOT show on your online application profile, and you will not get any notification about this, all of a sudden you just get this email in your inbox. For some reason this is the way they sent the PPRs, so you should probably take a look at your email folders, spam folders, junk folders, etc, etc.

readytosettle

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
USA
App. Filed.......
28-06-2017
AOR Received.
29-06-2017
Do you think I should call the CIC? my documents changed to "the additional documents provided are being reviewed"., but that was in July and still waiting for a response :(
You can ask CPC Ottawa via email if they received your PCC. I think there’s a way to call and talk to agent. I don’t have the phone number but have read on threads that people call. I’d suggest email though.

omargv

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Also, as an IMPORTANT NOTE: the PPR comes to the email address you provided in your application. IT WILL NOT show on your online application profile, and you will not get any notification about this, all of a sudden you just get this email in your inbox. For some reason this is the way they sent the PPRs, so you should probably take a look at your email folders, spam folders, junk folders, etc, etc.
Hi, So If I understood correctly, the PPR is an email message, not at a message snet to the account like they usually do when request something like a document?
Thanks for your kind help!

mmartz1

Jun 22, 2017
Hi, So If I understood correctly, the PPR is an email message, not at a message snet to the account like they usually do when request something like a document?
Thanks for your kind help!
That's correct, it is an email message, your account won't show or tell you about this email.

AC87

Jun 5, 2017
You can ask CPC Ottawa via email if they received your PCC. I think there’s a way to call and talk to agent. I don’t have the phone number but have read on threads that people call. I’d suggest email though.
I did that a month ago and I didn't get a response :( and I have the call center number but I cannot get a hold on an agent, it is only the automatic response :(

mariemjhr

Sep 28, 2017
Hola todos!! soy nueva y estoy aplicando para el express entry! como le hago para tener mi constancia de antecedentes registrales !? no entendii nadaaaaaa , donde acudo? Help please! graciaaas !!!

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Hola todos!! soy nueva y estoy aplicando para el express entry! como le hago para tener mi constancia de antecedentes registrales !? no entendii nadaaaaaa , donde acudo? Help please! graciaaas !!!
After you get an Invitation to appply (ITA) you will be asked to upload your police certificate, since the PGR only issues certificates that are requested directly from the Canadian Embassy/ Mexican Consulate you need to submit a PDF document that states that you come from a country that requires a request letter. after that you need to wait for the letter (for me it took a month and a half) and once you have it you need to follow the instructions from this webpage:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
I got in touch with the PGR today to ask if they were issuing Police certificates right now (they shutted down all of their offices for a week due to the earthquake that struck Mexico City) and they told me that the department that is in charge of them is not open yet. I'm concerned that this might considerably increase the waiting time :(

mmartz1

Jun 22, 2017
Nothing :(, remind me, are you still waiting?
No, mine has been approved and finalized. Passport and COPR just arrived. I just need to do the landing, probably this weekend at Point Roberts. Hope you'll hear from them soon.. If you are in Canada, and you have the means, you should probably just pay $150 to an immigration consultant to call CIC to find out what's going on. Registered immigration consultants have access to phone numbers we can't access, and they get to talk to visa officers. I know it's expensive but see it as an investment.

degm

May 31, 2017
I got in touch with the PGR today to ask if they were issuing Police certificates right now (they shutted down all of their offices for a week due to the earthquake that struck Mexico City) and they told me that the department that is in charge of them is not open yet. I'm concerned that this might considerably increase the waiting time :(
The office resumed activities this Monday (2nd) :)