+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

police certificate from UK?how long does it take?plz share your experience!

quagaar145

Jan 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2011
Doc's Request.
12-09-2011
AOR Received.
18-07-2011
File Transfer...
03-03-2011
Med's Done....
24-01-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2011
Hi Mehwish, are you applying for the UK certificate outside of the UK? I am living in the US and trying to get mine from ACRO, been running into difficulties with paying for it. Since they will only accept payment in pounds sterling I tried to get my bank to draw up a foreign draft but ACRO sent it back saying it wasn't an acceptable check. If you have friends in the UK willing to get a UK postal order to send with your application it would probably be easier for you... or make sure you can find a bank that knows how to do foreign drafts or international wire transfers properly. Thankfully the people at ACRO are pretty prompt with their responses to inquiries but they are not very willing to work with people who don't have access to pounds sterling types of payment (who doesn't accept credit cards these days?? I mean I know it is a different currency and all but sheesh!)

mits0829

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I am from India, currently live in India but I was in UK for around 6 months in 2006-2007. I am going to apply for PCC via ACRO, and have few questions.

- There are 2 options "Apply Online" and "Apply by Post" for PCC. which should we select based on that I am from India and living in India now. What is the basic difference between the 2?

- Any idea what details will be required from my side for applying PCC?

If anybody has done similar please assist me with as much info as possible. Thanks in advance.

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Is applying an option for Indian Passport Holders?
Also, does standard package work (is it trackable)?

mad_hatter

Jul 16, 2016
mits0829 said:
Hi Guys,

I am from India, currently live in India but I was in UK for around 6 months in 2006-2007. I am going to apply for PCC via ACRO, and have few questions.

- There are 2 options "Apply Online" and "Apply by Post" for PCC. which should we select based on that I am from India and living in India now. What is the basic difference between the 2?

- Any idea what details will be required from my side for applying PCC?

If anybody has done similar please assist me with as much info as possible. Thanks in advance.
You should apply online especially you are not in UK. It is easy, you just fill in the form online, upload scan copies of your passport, supporting document, and photo. Pay the fee by a credit card. You will receive the PCC within 20 days or so.

marroush

Aug 17, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Hi everyone,

My spouse applied online on August 13th, and they mailed it today.

Standard Application
This costs £45.00 and will take 10 working days to process.
The 10 days does not include the day we receive it or day we send it out to you.
Saturday, Sunday and UK Bank Holidays are not working days.

So it took more than 10 working days to process it. Let us see when we will receive it.

Ankitg88

Oct 2, 2019
Hi everyone,

My spouse applied online on August 13th, and they mailed it today.

Standard Application
This costs £45.00 and will take 10 working days to process.
The 10 days does not include the day we receive it or day we send it out to you.
Saturday, Sunday and UK Bank Holidays are not working days.

So it took more than 10 working days to process it. Let us see when we will receive it.
Hi Marroush,

How many days it took end to end for you to recieve the certificate? Also, do you get an update when they dispatch as I am not able to find the status anywhere in ACRO website.

My wife applied on 24 Sep and just want to understand in total how many days it takes to reach the applicant in India.

Thanks,
Ankit

Info22

Jun 2, 2021
Hi,
I applied for UK PCC online on 12th May 2021.And they dispatched it on 1st June 2021. Can someone share with standard delivery, how long will it take to reach Toronto, Canada.
Thanks.