+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate from Thailand

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
Hey everyone,

I lived in Bangkok for nearly 1 year so I'll need to get a PCC from Thailand. I have a rather silly question and I'm hoping someone will be able to help. The CIC website says that to get a Thai PCC

Applicants must also submit a pre-paid registered self-addressed envelope

Now, forgive my ignorance, but HOW do I get a pre-paid envelope from Canada? The postage would be in Canadian $, so it wouldn't be any good when the Thai police tries to mail the certificate FROM Thailand.

Ideas?

sagedeo

Jul 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
MissRepresentation said:
Hey everyone,

I lived in Bangkok for nearly 1 year so I'll need to get a PCC from Thailand. I have a rather silly question and I'm hoping someone will be able to help. The CIC website says that to get a Thai PCC

Applicants must also submit a pre-paid registered self-addressed envelope

Now, forgive my ignorance, but HOW do I get a pre-paid envelope from Canada? The postage would be in Canadian $, so it wouldn't be any good when the Thai police tries to mail the certificate FROM Thailand.

Ideas?

I am from Bangkok too, I went to Police headquarter, Patumwan. They informed me that they need a letter form Canadian embassy that you have applied for a Canadian visa and need PCC from Thai Police to process the application. It generally takes 15 days to get PCC.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
And I don't want to be negative, but when we applied 5 years ago, it was completely impossible to go through the process by mail -- my wife (a Thai citizen) had to go down in person to get it done, and even after doing that she almost had to go a second time, owing to a power outage that happened when she was there. Maybe they have a process where you can do it by mail if you're out of the country, but I wouldn't trust it. Leave lots of time for getting this done, AND make sure you save copies of correspondence and receipts so you can prove to CIC that you are doing your best to get this.

And as said above, print out the web page, circle the relevant paragraph in red, and find someone to write in Thai "This is why I need this done, it will be very difficult to come to Bangkok in person now, I would appreciate it very much if you could do this."

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-09-2014 Rcvd 27-09-2014, 29-09-2014
AOR Received.
SA :04-09-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014 AOR2 09-23-2014
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2015 Validity-10-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
Taken from the embassy....

Police Clearance Certificate for Non-Thai Citizen

For non-Thai passport holders please contact the Royal Thai Police in Thailand at the address and telephone number below to receive information to process your application. The Embassy cannot lodge in the application on the applicant's behalf.

A photocopy of valid passport
A photocopy of Thai Visa
Document(s) stating that the applicant is used to work or reside in Thailand
A photocopy of Thai working permit (if available)
A power of attorney (If authorized someone to submit on your behalf)
Letter explain the purpose of request from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (or Government of Canada)
Two passport photos
Two sets of original fingerprint issued by the RCMP or local police together with the official seal and signature of the official taking the fingerprint
The service is free of charge, an applicant is needed to provide a self return envelope to send back to the applicant

Note: If criminal record is found or all required documents are not submitted, certification may take longer than 7 business days.

I think you could send them a cheque in US funds...or a International MO for US funds to cover Postage.. or if you happen to know someone there they could have it sent to them, and your family/friend could send it to you here in Canada.

As for the letter from Immigration/Government they normally don't do this. One could always go and see the Canadian embassy in Bangkok and ask and explain the Royal Thai will not issue the PCC with out it. Even a letter explaining its not required to have a case in progress would be fine.

If your here in Canada you may be able to obtain a letter from your local Federal MP's office.

The Royal Thai seem to make up their own rules to apply sometimes, Example as some of you know in order for my wife to apply for hers I had to be present along with my passport and copy in that office at the same time as the request was made.

Hope some of this helps
Chris

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
on-hold said:
And as said above, print out the web page, circle the relevant paragraph in red, and find someone to write in Thai "This is why I need this done, it will be very difficult to come to Bangkok in person now, I would appreciate it very much if you could do this."
This is very important too especially if it is from some one of importance.

Forgot to mention......
The Royal Thai even wanted to see our original Thai marriage certificate and if I remember correctly we had given them an authenticated copy from the DFA. We took no chances.

It might me worth an applicant/spouse's time to consider a trip to Bangkok to get all your Thai affairs done.

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
Thanks for the replies.

Regarding the letter explaining the purpose of the request, there's a sample at the CIC website

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/PC_LetterA_e.pdf

Of course I'll keep a record of all correspondence, but I'm nearly ready to send the PR application and don't want to put it on hold for another 3 months or however long it takes to get this PCC, so it looks like I'll be sending the application without this certificate. As much as I love Thailand I can't leave Canada right now, so we'll see what happens.

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
MissRepresentation said:
Thanks for the replies.
so it looks like I'll be sending the application without this certificate.
By not submitting the PCC with your application it could be considered incomplete and you risk having the application returned back to you.

PCC takes about a month to have it issued from the Royal Thai.

M

mikeymyke

Not related to your topic, but good move on switching to outland. Inland is usually a terrible choice, regardless of posted processing time.

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
Thanks Mykeymyke. At first we thought we had no option but to apply inland (courtesy of the poor wording on the main CIC site). It's a big relief knowing that we can apply outland and that I can get out of Canada without being penalised for it.

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
MissRepresentation said:
Hmmm, CIC's website says that it takes up to 90 days (plus the time it takes to get from Thailand to Canada).
I am just going by how long it took for my wife to receive hers but the main difference was we applied in person. Its possible mailing/courier the request takes longer time.

joeysupertramp

May 24, 2017
Hey mate, I know this is an old thread but did you get the certificate by mail? I've just sent mine off and the whole process just seemed a little off to me.

m0ltarovich

Jan 3, 2014
Did anyone get the cert by mail? Please share your details... I can't imagine it'd work. So don't want to waste my time.

wahab.k

Jan 12, 2020
I sent my application, they've had it a week and no one there thought to contact me to inform me that they don't accept it due to the fingerprints not being clear. Amazing, good thing I called them after a week and now I have to submit new fingerprints. At least they said the forms are good.. Gonna have to send everything else and hope for more time from CIC.