+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate from Mexico? Confusing

Verosa

Aug 8, 2023
I just got my Mexican Police Certificate (Constancia de Datos Registrales).

I opted to do it through a lawyer in Mexico City, since the Canadian Embassy was reported to take between 3 and 6 months. Plus, I emailed them several times and had absolutely no reply or guidance.

I'll leave the contact of my lawyer:
Daniel Nava
gjuridico.1109@gmail.com
+525575431791

It took him 2 weeks to get the appointment at the FGR and 10 work days to have the Police Report (Constancia de Datos Registrales).
Previously I had to go to the Mexican Embassy in Montreal to have the pack of documents validated (fingerprints, pictures, copy of ID, etc.)

Would strongly recommend to opt for the private option if you're able to cover some additional costs (on top of all the application ones).

Good luck everybody!!

stevsom

Sep 25, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-09-2022
You will get it in a month.Maria got her PCC cleared on June 27th.
Thank you everyone for your help and replies and reading of this thread in general!

We got the FGR completed in mid July after sending in our package back in February this year. So right now processing time is more or less five months.

We never did get back a response from the email that we sent to the immigration section in Mexico City to confirm if they received it or not.

Good luck to all!

Sep 25, 2023
Hi everyone, this thread is really helpful, I received my ITA on September 19, from what I read in your comments, IRCC will send me another letter requesting police certificates? is this after submitting all my documents? If so, what should I submit on the section that is requesting Police certificates? how can I receive the letter requesting police certificates to send it to the embassy in Mexico?
thank you!

Prudhvi100

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
Hi everyone, this thread is really helpful, I received my ITA on September 19, from what I read in your comments, IRCC will send me another letter requesting police certificates? is this after submitting all my documents? If so, what should I submit on the section that is requesting Police certificates? how can I receive the letter requesting police certificates to send it to the embassy in Mexico?
thank you!
Just submit a letter of explanation on why you are not atttaching PCC from Mexico along with your PR docs submission. They will send you a letter to get PCC later.

Frijolito94

Nov 18, 2023
Hello @yoli85 , I have the same question. My partner and I are nervous that we didn’t include a police certificate from Mexico, but the website said to wait until requested. Were you able to get an answer?

Thank you
Hi! I'm about to do my PR application. I'm a little bit confuse about that too, I´m Mexican living in Canada. Did they ended up sending you a request about your Certificate from Mexico?

TV7

Mar 17, 2023
Hi! I'm about to do my PR application. I'm a little bit confuse about that too, I´m Mexican living in Canada. Did they ended up sending you a request about your Certificate from Mexico?
They did! We didn’t include it in our application, they sent a request later on, and I sent the documents directly to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico. It only took 2 months for them to upload the results after my documents arrived.
Good luck with your application!

Reactions: Frijolito94

Frijolito94

Nov 18, 2023
They did! We didn’t include it in our application, they sent a request later on, and I sent the documents directly to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico. It only took 2 months for them to upload the results after my documents arrived.
Good luck with your application!
Thank you for your quick response! You really helped to take away a lot of stress from me. Good luck to you too!

DeSS0118

Jan 5, 2024
Hello, I’m doing this for my wife as well. Did everyone use the Embassy of Canada address provided by the IRCC or did they use a different one? The one they provided seems wrong and is not showing up as the Embassy. Any help would be appreciated.

stevsom

Sep 25, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-09-2022
I followed these instructions to the letter and it worked very successfully. It just took several months for them to process in Mexico.

I also did the instructions for living outside of Mexico.

Link to canadian irc page.

DeSS0118

Jan 5, 2024
I followed these instructions to the letter and it worked very successfully. It just took several months for them to process in Mexico.

I also did the instructions for living outside of Mexico.

Link to canadian irc page.
Thank you for the quick reply. I will write the address then as they have it on their page then.

I was just concerned it was out of date or something because I’ve been to the embassy in Mexico and the address is not the same and did not want to make any mistakes that would delay the PR process.

Worst case if it’s not processed in time is to ask for an extension on the deadline with proof that I sent it or delivery.

stevsom

Sep 25, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-09-2022
Thank you for the quick reply. I will write the address then as they have it on their page then.

I was just concerned it was out of date or something because I’ve been to the embassy in Mexico and the address is not the same and did not want to make any mistakes that would delay the PR process.

Worst case if it’s not processed in time is to ask for an extension on the deadline with proof that I sent it or delivery.
I highly recommend sending the requested documents by FedEx or a carrier with tracking. I sent ours via FedEx.

About two months after I sent the FedEx, I received an email from the irc giving me a 30 day grace; stating that they had not received it, even though I had a proof of delivery from FedEx. It was at this time I sent a contact us online form with a copy of my receipt of payment from FedEx, along with a picture of the tracking number and label to the irc-plus to the email listed on my link. It took about six months for us to complete this step, but I blame the Mexican authorities for that.

Maria0000

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
Hello, I’m doing this for my wife as well. Did everyone use the Embassy of Canada address provided by the IRCC or did they use a different one? The one they provided seems wrong and is not showing up as the Embassy. Any help would be appreciated.
Hello!
This is the address I sent my documents:
EMBASSY OF CANADA, IMMIGRATION SECTION
MIGUEL DE CERVANTES SAAVEDRA 193
COL. GRANADA
11520 MIGUEL HIDALGO
MEXICO

Definately takes a few months all this process and sent several emails to the embassy of Canada in Mexico until I received acknowledged of receipt from the Embassy and I submitted that to IRCC as proof to extend the 60 day period they gave me.

Maria0000

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
I highly recommend sending the requested documents by FedEx or a carrier with tracking. I sent ours via FedEx.

About two months after I sent the FedEx, I received an email from the irc giving me a 30 day grace; stating that they had not received it, even though I had a proof of delivery from FedEx. It was at this time I sent a contact us online form with a copy of my receipt of payment from FedEx, along with a picture of the tracking number and label to the irc-plus to the email listed on my link. It took about six months for us to complete this step, but I blame the Mexican authorities for that.
The Mexican Authorities are not the ones responsible for this delay, literally it takes 2 to 3 weeks for them to expedite the document, it's the embassy of Canada that takes that time. They sent the request for this document to the Fiscalia by batches (and not sure how often), then take time to pick them up, then take more time to translate them and upload them to their system.

For me it took more than 3 months since I sent my documents until background check was completed.

Reactions: Frijolito94