+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

police certificate from India

reshmathakurr

Jul 21, 2016
hi everyone. I am from India, currently residing in toronto. I have submitted the original local police certificate along with my inland spouse pr application.
recently I got an email asking me to send a police certificate from country listed - INDIA.
so when I called the cic call center they said the police certificate (local police station issued) I have submitted initially with my application MAY not be acceptable so I need to get one from the nearest Indian embassy since I am residing in Canada.
so I called the Indian embassy and found out that to to apply for a police certificate at the Indian embassy, it will take approx. 6 weeks and along with the form I need to submit my original Indian passport until they issue me a police certificate.
haven't known that they will be keeping the original passport with them for the entire 6 weeks. Anyone has applied for police certificate from India in Toronto?? and have submitted their original passport for 6 weeks?? since I don't feel so good about leaving such a important document at any office for that long.
any info or experience will be highly appreciated.

deepax

Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 05-04-2016 SA:02-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
It's not like you got a choice here. So, better start the process asap.

If you are applying from Toronto, you need to submit original and photocopy and original is returned to you.

Check and read this link and requirements section carefully.

http://www.blsindia-canada.com/pol_clr_cert.php

reshmathakurr

Jul 21, 2016
deepax said:
It's not like you got a choice here. So, better start the process asap.

If you are applying from Toronto, you need to submit original and photocopy and original is returned to you.

Check and read this link and requirements section carefully.

Thank you deepax. I know I don't really have a choice but was just looking for people who have applied in Toronto and had no issues leaving behind a document as important as original passport with the BLS office for 6 weeks. I thought may be I just need to show the original and then they will return the original after looking at it.
Thanks a lot deepax . I should get this sorted out on Monday asap.

Usher9387

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
reshmathakurr said:
Thank you deepax. I know I don't really have a choice but was just looking for people who have applied in Toronto and had no issues leaving behind a document as important as original passport with the BLS office for 6 weeks. I thought may be I just need to show the original and then they will return the original after looking at it.
Thanks a lot deepax . I should get this sorted out on Monday asap.
I don't know why they take 6 weeks in Canada (Indian Embassy) but in Australia it takes 2 days to get a police certificate thru Indian embassy and they have to stamp in your passport so they will hold your passport also until then.

his579

Aug 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
July 2016 (Re-med: 07 Sep 2016)
Passport Req..
22 Sep 2016
VISA ISSUED...
04 Oct 2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
Don't worry, the passport will be with embassy and not with BLS office as they kept my all original documents (Passports, birth certificate, etc...) for 1.5 month for OCI. It is normal for Indian embassy in Toronto.