+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate from China, do I need it?

Nwallma

Jan 10, 2020
Hello everyone!

While putting my files together and filling my background form (imm5669) I got couple of questions popped in my head and would appreciate your input.

1- I lived in China 15-January-2015 to 24-June-2015 , I worked at a hotel for my internship, would I need to provide a police certificate as technically it has not been 6 months or more.
2- I can not recall the address I lived in China but instead I put the address of the hotel where I worked, would it be any problem?
3- If you believe I need to get a police certificate from China, is there anyone who isnt Chinese citizen, managed to get one, if so, how?

Cheers!

salmonarm

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Hello everyone!

While putting my files together and filling my background form (imm5669) I got couple of questions popped in my head and would appreciate your input.

1- I lived in China 15-January-2015 to 24-June-2015 , I worked at a hotel for my internship, would I need to provide a police certificate as technically it has not been 6 months or more.
2- I can not recall the address I lived in China but instead I put the address of the hotel where I worked, would it be any problem?
3- If you believe I need to get a police certificate from China, is there anyone who isnt Chinese citizen, managed to get one, if so, how?

Cheers!
Since you left before 6 months arrived, you are safe. China will likely do a police check for you if you worked legally, but you would have to go back to the police station you registered at when arriving in the city. Your wife or a friend may be able to do it for you. But, I don't think it
s necessary since you technically never reached 6 months.

Sincerely, someone else who got PR for their Chinese wife

Reactions: Nwallma

Nwallma

Jan 10, 2020
Thanks A lot for your response, I planned on just getting it simply not to worry about it, however as I have no more ties in China (it was a short period internship) there was no way for me to actually get the certificate, I consulted a lawyer she said something similar, and told me to mention that I havent hit 6 months in the cover letter of the application.

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
Thanks A lot for your response, I planned on just getting it simply not to worry about it, however as I have no more ties in China (it was a short period internship) there was no way for me to actually get the certificate, I consulted a lawyer she said something similar, and told me to mention that I havent hit 6 months in the cover letter of the application.
What is your checklist? If your checklist is IMM 5533, they asked the country you currently live and where you have lived most of your life since age of 18.

Nwallma

Jan 10, 2020
What is your checklist? If your checklist is IMM 5533, they asked the country you currently live and where you have lived most of your life since age of 18.
imm5533 is my checklist, yes that s what it says but also in the Guide it is mentioned if you spent somewhere 6 months or more in last 10 years you have to include a police certificate from that country as well, that s why I wanted to make sure about it :)

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
imm5533 is my checklist, yes that s what it says but also in the Guide it is mentioned if you spent somewhere 6 months or more in last 10 years you have to include a police certificate from that country as well, that s why I wanted to make sure about it :)
So it's not in the checklist, it become addition documents, if they need more from you, they may ask to submit later. So far now, you don't have to be worry.

Reactions: Nwallma