+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate for citizenship requirements

Momun

Mar 18, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I am applying for citizenship after being in Canada for 3 years. Before this, I was residing in Saudi Arabia. Do I need to provide police clearance certificate from Saudi to apply for Citizenship? I was in Saudi Arabia for 1 year in last four years period. I am currently residing in Canada, and have no means to obtain a PCC from Saudi.

Thank you for your advise.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I am applying for citizenship after being in Canada for 3 years. Before this, I was residing in Saudi Arabia. Do I need to provide police clearance certificate from Saudi to apply for Citizenship? I was in Saudi Arabia for 1 year in last four years period. I am currently residing in Canada, and have no means to obtain a PCC from Saudi.

Thank you for your advise.
Were you in Saudi Arabia after getting your PR or before it?

SAU443

Star Member
Mar 22, 2024
I haven't visited Saudi Arabia after my landing and getting PR..
Hi..@Momun,

I am also in the same situation and submitted a covering letter thru webform explaining that a police clearance certificate is not required for non-citizens who does not have legal residence status and not residing in Saudi Arabia. Moreover, I received the acknowledgement receipt of the document by IRCC but the status tracker is still showing send us additional information "waiting on you" status for about two months now.

So, could you kindly share your experience with what supporting documents you supplied to overcome the police clearance certificate from Saudi Arabia and whether it got accepted by IRCC without any more steps such as fingerprints, etc.?