+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate - copy or original?

James2424

Feb 10, 2021
I currently live in Canada. We're getting ready to submit an inland application for spousal sponsorship. I just received my police certificate from the UK after waiting a whole month for it to process. The police certificate also cost me around $100 CAD.

When sending in my application, am I expected to include the original document or is a copy fine?

I'm worried about the document getting lost in the mail or anything else during my application that would require me to go through that process again.

And on a separate note, we're submitting our tenancy agreement as proof that we're currently living together. There are a lot of pages in our agreement. Not all are relevant. Could I just include a copy of the first 2 pages with the names and personal details together with the last page that contains the signatures of all parties involved?

frange

May 25, 2018
1- for paper application, police certificate should be original. Please keep a color pdf scan copy for yourself; eventually if needed, you can send it again via webform.

2- Mail package: Use the regular mail address, not the postal case, with tracking option and the signature upon delivery as well. So that you can track your package as well as the name name of the agent who receives it when it reaches the destination.

3- Proof of living together ( Common live): Put everything you can , which can show that you live together. Don't restrict your living proof on a tenancy agreement only...
Put everything which have your both name and list all on a separate sheet of paper with a note. By ex..
Proof of common live:
1- Tenancy agreement
2- Electricity (Hydro)
3-Monthly bank statement
4- Copy Driver licence
5- ...etc.

James2424

Feb 10, 2021
1- for paper application, police certificate should be original. Please keep a color pdf scan copy for yourself; eventually if needed, you can send it again via webform.

2- Mail package: Use the regular mail address, not the postal case, with tracking option and the signature upon delivery as well. So that you can track your package as well as the name name of the agent who receives it when it reaches the destination.

3- Proof of living together ( Common live): Put everything you can , which can show that you live together. Don't restrict your living proof on a tenancy agreement only...
Put everything which have your both name and list all on a separate sheet of paper with a note. By ex..
Proof of common live:
1- Tenancy agreement
2- Electricity (Hydro)
3-Monthly bank statement
4- Copy Driver licence
5- ...etc.
Thank you for that information.
Lastly, I also just got my place of birth (Netherlands) to send me an official copy of my birth certificate. That also took a while to sort out and involved a fee. Can I submit a copy of that document for the same reasons or does that also need to be the original document I received?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thank you for that information.
Lastly, I also just got my place of birth (Netherlands) to send me an official copy of my birth certificate. That also took a while to sort out and involved a fee. Can I submit a copy of that document for the same reasons or does that also need to be the original document I received?
Look on the checklist for country specific requirements and in the general application forms, they should tell you whether origionals or only copies are required.

JingleBella

Dec 3, 2019
Ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
28-01-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
File Transfer...
13-03-2020
Med's Request
17-02-2020
Med's Done....
03-03-2020
I sent a colour copy of my husbands UK police certificate. It is bigger than a normal piece of paper so I had to scale it down to fit in the envelope I sent.